What's on your menu today (Saturday) ?

ttfan
on 2/5/17 3:29 am
RNY on 08/15/16
On February 4, 2017 at 2:11 PM Pacific Time, Insert Fitness wrote:

That's awesome! As I said, I usually avoid stadium concerts, but a few years ago, I saw AC/DC. Crazy fun show!

I've seen AC/DC and they were great!  I have seen Aerosmith 15 times, love love love them!

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

peachpie
on 2/4/17 6:18 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning Folks. I've been on my run, and am at bowling with the younger kid. Today I'll go visit lifetime fitness' preview center. I already joined LA Fitness, so I won't join @ lifetime- but didn't want to cancel the appointment last minute. (And I'll be in the area- so may as well)  I'll keep both my LA and planet fitness memberships- together they'll be $49/month (far cheaper than lifetime) and between the two they will offer everything I want, and I can bring my sons to LA. I'll  do my grocery shopping at Wegmans- love that place! 

qotd: I don't follow music much, so I'm not into concerts festivals etc. I've been to two concerts in my life but wouldn't mind if I never went to another.

192.6 today, 21 months out

m1: 1/2 protein shake

m2: 2 boiled eggs, 4 turkey sausage 

m3: curry chicken/oxtail & steamed cabbage

m4: ? Lunch meat roll up maybe- or something from Wegmans 

m5: I may make chicken soup for dinner 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

FozzieBear
on 2/4/17 6:29 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning everyone! Last night I had such a strong urge to make....something. My first thought was jelly which I keep meaning to do but when I discovered I didn't have enough sugar my mind wandered to baking. So then the plan was to bake some chocolate chip cookies, cause you know I can bring them to the super bowl party tomorrow. Ordinarily I wouldn't worry about having cookies in the house, in fact there is a bunch of homemade baked stuff from the holidays in the freezer and it doesn't tempt me but something about my frame of mind last night made me second guess myself and I decided against it. Currently there is one of those Christmas cookies tins on the counter and I have no interest in them but the thought of fresh baked cookies...I wasn't convinced I could avoid them which was strange. So I made cinnamon apple chips instead. I won't eat them myself, they're for my BF, but it satisfied my creative urge and made the house smell amazing!!

QOTD Back when I was younger and married we went to a lot of concerts, and for a few years we went to a 4 day country festival were you camped in a field and went to the hill everyday to listen to music with about 100000 other people. As I gained weight and lost confidence I became less interested in cramming myself into an uncomfortable seat. I went to a concert with my sister two years ago for her birthday but aside from that it's been awhile. 

B- coffee w/ SF hazelnut

L- chipotle chicken meatballs - 3

D- it's a mystery, as are my plans for the day

S- protein shake, lemon dill tuna

Have a great weekend!!

RNY - Nov 21st 2016

HW 386 SW 309.8 CW 174.1

M1: 17 M2: 17.2 M3: 12.6 M4: 18.8 M5: 14.4 M6: 18.4 M7: 13.5 M8: 13.1 M9: 7.8

Christine

Doxie-mom
on 2/4/17 6:31 am, edited 2/4/17 11:13 am
RNY on 03/13/17

Good morning all

I like concerts I have mostly been to country concerts, but have been to a few that were not country too.

I have to work all weekend - nights- so I thought I would get my post done before I went to bed this morning.

Breakfast - Protein shake w/ Fairlife Fat Free Milk, Turkey stick

Snack - Greek yogurt

Lunch - Romaine lettuce salad w/ cucumber, green bell pepper, yellow cherry tomatoes, 6 oz shrimp

Snack - celery sticks, 2 laughing cow cheese wedges

Dinner - Mock Spanish Rice

Snack - Turkey stick, String cheese, turkey stick

Calories - 1205, Protein - 151,  Carbs - 79, Fat - 29

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

* Had to edit to add 8 0z Fairlife milk and a turkey stick and my Nutrition Totals.

Tammy

HW: (9/28/16) 369.8 / SW: (3/13/17) 285 / CW: 162.8

Pre-op loss (6 1/2 Months) - 84.8 pounds

M1 - 17.2, M2 - 17.2, M3 - 13.4, M4 - 15.4, M5 - 13.8, M6 - 13.6, M7 - 10.8, M8 - 9.6, M9 - 5.0, M10 - 2.4, M11 - 3.8

CathyV
on 2/4/17 6:34 am, edited 2/3/17 10:35 pm

I'm sure it's been asked before, but what is this crack slaw everyone eats? Lol!

basketball games today, so I've got about an hour of chill time before I need to get around and light a fire under everyone.

QOTD- Last time I went to a live performance was about a year ago...got my husband tickets to go see Steely Dan at an outdoor amphitheater. It was great! Not much one for huge stadiums filled with stoned and screaming people anymore, lol. But smaller venues and live music are awesome. We have a local festival that gets some great performances, but my life right now is more "armband night carnival rides"...

breakfast- probably a protein shake today. My pouch was still just really unhappy all day yesterday. Not feeling real food this morning.

Snack- I'll take a couple of turkey sticks and a baby bell to the games

Lunch- late lunch of some leftover sausage and bean soup that needs to be eaten.

snack- hot tea and half a quest bar

Dinner- pizza night for the kids, which means steak night for me, yay!

Snack- all my meals will be shifted later, probably won't need a snack, but if I do it will be a 100 cal chobani flip

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

Insert Fitness
on 2/4/17 7:28 am

I'd heard so many rave reviews about crack slaw , I finally tried it. It's basically a stir fry with Hamburg and shredded cabbage. Here's the recipe I tried.

http://www.food.com/recipe/crack-slaw-low-carb-434863 

i don't really get it. Maybe someone has a better recipe to share, but it seemed super bland to me. I doubled and tripled most of the seasoning ingredients, and it still tasted meh.

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/17 8:18 am
RNY on 11/22/16

When I make mine, I add garlic chili sauce instead of the siracha. 

Insert Fitness
on 2/4/17 12:41 pm

That's what I did with the leftovers for lunch! It did improve the flavour. Still probably won't make into our regular rotation...

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

NYMom222
on 2/4/17 8:01 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I made a stir fry tonight that was easy and similar-ish and came out amazing... did slice a little onion, used pre-shredded carrots, brocolli 'rice' from Trader Joe's and had some sugar snap peas I cut into large chunks...

For seasoning- Asian seasoning mix (from pampered chef, but I am sure there are others), ginger powder, garlic powder, small amount sweet chili sauce (Trader Joes) Coconut Amino (or Soy sauce, just use that because it is much lower sodium), and drizzle toasted sesame oil (I also get at Trader Joes)... i used powdered spices because the whole point was quick, topped with some meat from a Costco Chicken....

Basically added a little oil and sauteed onion, added all the other veggies and stir fried then adding a drizzle broth or water to help them soften, add spices and sauces to taste....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

catwoman7
on 2/4/17 6:40 am
RNY on 06/03/15

feeling stressed today because my dad fell and broke his femur on Wednesday (I think I mentioned this).  He had surgery to straighten it out, and he's doing OK, but my mom and sister both flew down there yesterday and my sister said he looks horribly frail.  Much worse than when we saw him in October.   He's had health problems for a long time (he's been in a nursing home for almost two years) and he has severe dementia to boot, so we're a little worried this might do him in.  I know major fractures can often spell the end for frail, elderly people.  Although he's had pneumonia four times in the last year (he also has advanced COPD), so if it wasn't this, it'd be his next bout with pneumonia.  Poor guy - this is the last thing he needed.  I've heard breaks like that are very painful to have and to recover from.  I hate this helpless feeling...

QOTD:  I used to love concerts when I was younger.  Now I would never do a stadium show - I don't like the crowds.  Or the prices.  Smaller venues are OK.  We don't go to many, although I always enjoy them when we go.  We do go to this one coffee shop a lot that has live folk and/or bluegrass music on weekend nights - love that.  But we occasionally go to other musical events, too - like a chamber orchestra concert last weekend.

20 months out

B:  homemade plain Greek yogurt, homemade NSA blueberry/blackberry sauce

S:  coffee with half & half, SF protein/fiber "Orange Julius" shake

L:  I'm thinking a hard-boiled egg and hummus with raw veggies

D:  we're going out with some friends to a Texas-style BBQ place, so I'll order a brisket plate and take lots of leftovers home - or share a plate with my husband if he's willing to share!! 

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 266 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 313 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 330 views