What's on your Sunday Menu, RNYer?

catwoman7
on 3/19/17 7:01 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I really blew it last night. We went out to dinner. I got the pulled pork tacos, which would have fit into my calorie budget. But there was evidently a problem in the kitchen, and we waited forever to get our food, so as a consolation, they brought us each a piece of cheesecake with raspberry sauce. And instead of asking them to box one piece up and sharing the other (i.e., taking one or two bites and pushing it across the table to my husband), I ate the whole damn thing. I don't dump, but I swear I was up half the night feeling horrible - like I'd just eaten a horse. And my weight was up 1.4 lbs this morning (which almost certainly was water, but still....). UGH. Never again!!

QOTD: as a young adult, I was definitely a night person. Now, I don't think I'm either. I'm always out of bed by 7:00 at the latest - even on the weekends, but it's rare for me to fall asleep before midnight. I do, however, have more energy and am more alert in the morning, so if I have something important to do, it needs to be scheduled sometime before noon.....

21 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with fresh raspberries

S: coffee with half & half, protein shake

L: two tacos (maybe carnitas or al pastor?)

D: sirloin steak with mushroom sauce, coleslaw made with sesame-miso sauce

ex: Aqua Zumba

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

peachpie
on 3/19/17 2:02 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

That would have been hard for me too. Reality is even if I asked them to box one to take home-- I'd have shared the one with my husband and then eaten the other at home. Cause 1) at home no one is 'watching' and 2) my hubby would have let it sit too long and I'd have felt the urge to fini**** off, you know, before it spoils. Yup I've got deep food issues!

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

FozzieBear
on 3/19/17 7:36 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning everyone!

Good luck starting the new job tomorrow!! I hope you walk in there confidently, rocking your new clothes, feeling great and you have an awesome first day! I'm sure you'll kill it.

It was nice to catch up with my sister yesterday, see her pics and hear her stories from their family holiday. Aside from that it was a relatively low key day and today will be similar. There will be some meal prep, some laundry and if the stars align I might convince him to start sorting through some of his old clothes too.

QOTD I've always been more of a morning person but he would be completely nocturnal if given the choice so since I've been off work I've shifted my schedule some. Where I end up working will be the determining factor going forward but generally I prefer to get up and get things accomplished so the to do list isn't hanging over my head all day.

B- coffee w/ 1/2 premier vanilla

L- protein pancake w/ sf syrup (one egg, 3/4 scoop protein powder)

D- leftover turkey breast

S- skyr yogurt w/ pb2, leftover turkey breast

Totals 578 cal, 104g protein, 11g carbs

Have a great finish to your weekend!

Christine

RNY - Nov 21st 2016

HW 386 SW 309.8 CW 174.1

M1: 17 M2: 17.2 M3: 12.6 M4: 18.8 M5: 14.4 M6: 18.4 M7: 13.5 M8: 13.1 M9: 7.8

Christine

Doxie-mom
on 3/19/17 7:42 am
RNY on 03/13/17

Good morning all -

QOTD - I am more of a night person, but my job changes shifts constantly, so I am able to switch back and forth without any issues. I should note that both my PCP and my Cardiologist hate that I work shift work. They say it is hard on your body.

Yesterday's menu (6 days out from surgery)

1 1/2 Premier Protein shakes (1/2 Protein Shake at a time)

1Tbsp PB2 in one of the shakes

2.5 ounces triple zero Greek Yogurt

4 ounces protein cream of chicken soup

10 ounces diet cranberry juice

82 ounces water (including shakes and juice)

Calories - 393, Protein - 56, Carbs - 25

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Tammy

HW: (9/28/16) 369.8 / SW: (3/13/17) 285 / CW: 162.8

Pre-op loss (6 1/2 Months) - 84.8 pounds

M1 - 17.2, M2 - 17.2, M3 - 13.4, M4 - 15.4, M5 - 13.8, M6 - 13.6, M7 - 10.8, M8 - 9.6, M9 - 5.0, M10 - 2.4, M11 - 3.8

Amy Liz
on 3/19/17 9:13 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning! Overcast and cold today. Its a great day for a movie. Taking DS to see Logan today. I love X-Men (and especially Huge Jackman!). I hear it's great but a real a tear jerker.

QOTD - I'm a morning person. I'm with you, I love the quiet time to myself. I'm bummed when everyone gets up and disturbs my peace and quiet!!

4 months out from surgery

b-several cup of coffee w/heavy cream and splenda

b2- leftover pepperoni bites

l-leftover pepperoni bites

d-BBQ tri-tip

v/l - good

e-walk the pups around the neighborhood when it warms up later this afternoon.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

leeann73
on 3/19/17 10:15 am

Hello there

i am a morning person normally but since surgery pretty tired and staying in bed until 6:30 - 7:00.

Over did it the the last two days out with the family so super tired today.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Greek yogurt

snack: 1/2 premier protein drink

lunch: ricotta bake

snack: pudding cup

dinner: ricotta bake

snack: 1/2 premier protein drink

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Emiepie
on 3/19/17 10:22 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good morning! I enjoyed the drive yesterday, we didn't buy too much at IKEA but it's always fun to browse. Today will be church shortly and then some errands then of course prepping for the week ahead.

QOTD: Definitely a morning person. I blame being born on the East Coast but I've always been a morning person. I am usually long asleep by 8p.

Menu for the day:

B: latte, eggbeaters, turkey sausage links and 1/2 an orange

L: TBD - if home buddig meat pack lettuce wraps and carrots

S: latte, jerky, yogurt and 100 cal pack of salt/pepper cashews

D: Bunless burger with a small salad, SF jello

E: 7 miles in

Water and vits on track

Hope eveyone has a great day.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

yvonnef1964
on 3/19/17 10:32 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

QOTD Im a night person. It's hard for me to get up in the morning.

B spinach, orange pepper, ham and cheese omelet and string cheese

Im not going to lie, i had a piece of cake and ice cream at church.

L tuna and cottage cheese

D corned beef and cabbage

S Greek yogurt, southwest bean salsa and cutie orange

Have a great day

Sssmck
on 3/19/17 11:23 am, edited 3/19/17 4:24 am
RNY on 01/23/17

Hi all

QOTD - I'm NOT a night person. I guess I'm a morning person, but not EARLY morning! When I was at my adult low weight my OSA got better and I became more of a morning person, with the 6am alarm not being quite as painful anymore LOL

Life back at work has been insane - I am NOT a fan of my new assignment (I'm a float...) and am actively looking for a permanent position to get out of this horrible float assignment. I LOVED being a float before :(

Been on track all week, but short ont time - working on selecting which gym to join, doing my side job (LulaRoe) and handling two kids in two separate sports practices, which normally doesn't happen. Of course when they both start a sport it's at the exact same time LOL

Yesterday the weirdest thing happened - I think in nearly 40 years on this early I've NEVER forgotten to eat. Totally did yesterday... and totally okay with it because I only "forgot" one meal so it's not the end of the world LOL Scale finally budged after three weeks and down two more pounds - so close to 30 pounds down!

B - almond milk and unjury

AM Snack - light and fit yogurt

L - ounce of salami with cheese stick or babybel

PM Snack - first half of ff sf pudding with unflavored unjury plus fairlife milk

D - 1 oz egg, 1 oz bacon

Evening snack - rest of pudding

Chugging ALL day!

Hope you all have a great finish to your weekend!

peachpie
on 3/19/17 1:42 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Afternoon folks! I was up early and went to work. The person I was supposed to work with apparently changed their mind-- no big deal-- I like being alone to get stuff done. BUT I was slightly annoyed the entire time cause I missed my run. I absolutely do not like putting work before my health. I work very, very little beyond my regular schedule to ensure that. I need to keep telling myself it's ONE time. I could still get some sort of workout in- but I'm hung up on my aggravation. I'm gonna see if I can find my biggest loser exercise DVD- haven't tried those since I was SMO- would love to see how I do at it now.

Qotd: I'm a total morning person! I wake early- do the dishes in the morning before work- will tidy up the bathroom and sweep. I'd vacuum if it wasn't so loud.

194.2 today, 22 months out

m1: Greek yogurt, berries, 1/2 pumpkin spice granola

m2: 5 turkey sausage links, 1/2 pumpkin spice granola

m3: 3oz bourbon chicken chunks

m4: 1/2c egg beaters; 2oz ham, 1 slice toast

I'm at 800cal, 73protein and 60 carbs so far- I'll likely eat leftover pulled chicken to boost my Protein.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI