1 week to OptiFast

fromfattohealthy
on 4/25/17 6:27 am - Canada

Ok, I start Optifast in 1 week (2 weeks on Optifast)

I am so incredibly nervous to start this. I have made some really positive changes in my life and cut out a lot of crap so I am not sure why I am so scared of this next step. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or words of wisdom? Does anyone recommend any books to read for this new chapter of life?

5'0 - SW - 240LBS | Lap Band - August 2015| Revision Band to RNY Surgery - May 16, 2017| Opti-fast - 9lbs | G.W - 150LBS | CW - 165LBS |

Simplyb
on 4/25/17 7:49 am
RNY on 04/12/17

This was recommended by a veteran and is really quite good.

The Emotional First + Aid Kit A Practical Guide to Life After Bariatric Surgery Second Edition by Cynthia L. Alexander

I bought it on Kindle as I am not advertising my WLS.

here is an excerpt from intro:

In this book, several main themes will be discussed in many different ways and can have great impact on your ability to be successful after surgery:

A. Stress, how it affects your ability to stick with dietary changes and exercise, and what to do about it

B. How we are our own worst enemy when it comes to lifestyle changes and how to gain control

C. Self-talk, what it is, how it works, and how you can use it to help you with eating and exercise

D. Successful habits used by successful patients. As you lose weight, you will likely experience many psychological and physical changes.

My favourite line and current Mantra:

This is your chance at a new beginning, and what that beginning entails is entirely up to you.

Surgery: RNY April 12/2017 - Humber River Hospital

Current Weight: 225 lbs

slightlyrocky
on 4/25/17 11:40 am - Titusville, FL
RNY on 05/02/17

I am in week 2 of my pre-surgery diet. Mine has no Optifast but I have found that if I keep something in my stomach like Powerade Zero (no limit on these) in between protein shakes (I use Premier) I am less hungry. Good luck to you!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views