Losers Bench!

MeerKat1994
on 5/9/17 2:15 pm, edited 5/9/17 2:16 pm
RNY on 05/09/17

I got out of surgery at 12:30. All went well! No nausea and very miniumul has pain. Doc said my liver looked beautiful. Yay for following the liquefied diet even when I was desperately craving a sub sandwich.

it doesn't hurt to lie down. But I almost started crying when I tried standing. Then I did start crying when I went to the bathroom and I couldn't pee. I feel like I really have to go but I can't get anything out. It hurts.

biggest things nurses are worried about is that I'm not breathing much per minute. Also I'm crying at the drop of a hat and feel very anxious. Not sure what that's about.

Overall though, doing okay.

edot: if this is confusing blame the drugs lol

MeerKat1994
on 5/9/17 2:19 pm
RNY on 05/09/17

Also I think I may have flirted with my surgeon right after surgery. Embarrassing. But also no regrets because he's a total babe lol

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/17 4:26 pm, edited 5/9/17 9:27 am

Glad all went well! Take it easy .... day by day it gets better. At least your on the other side of surgery now. Congratulations!

Emiepie
on 5/9/17 4:57 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Rest, sip, walk... repeat. Glad all went well.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Kathy1212
on 5/10/17 8:35 am

Congratulations on a successful surgery!

The first few weeks are hard. I remember how awful it felt to have to go from sitting to standing, or standing to sitting, and the toilet was the absolute worst. Don't feel bad about crying; some people respond to the pain meds and the anesthetic like that. I swore like a trucker every time I had to get on or off the toilet for 2 weeks, lol. And I don't normally swear!

I found holding a pillow against my tummy whenever I needed to move, walk, or shift positions in bed really helped.

I couldn't pee at first unless I sat for a very long time, with the water in the sink running, while reading a book to distract myself (a bit) from the pain. The nurse said it was from the anesthesia.

Good luck!

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

(deactivated member)
on 5/10/17 1:25 pm
RNY on 10/20/16

Welcome to the loser's bench.