7 years today!!

AnneGG
on 7/15/17 5:02 am, edited 7/17/17 9:58 am

Cross post:

Hi, all,

It's been a long time since I've posted. Thank you OH and you all for providing essential support and for what I've learned here keeping me on track for so long!

7 years post RNY today! I've kept my weight stable at goal or a little under for 5½ years now.

My health has never been better. My premorbid conditions have resolved, the chronic ones have not progressed. Thank heavens I have had no post-op complications.

The cornerstone of what works for me is my at least 2½ mile daily speed walking meditation. I figure I've crossed the country coast to coast 2½ times by now. Plus I do as much as I can of other exercise.

I walk to manage my head as much if not more than for the exercise. At first I had to drag my head kicking and screaming out the door, now my day doesn't work without it and making it happen is just what I do and work the rest of my day around. I miss about 5 days a year when I just can't fit it in. I walk no matter what the weather is unless there is a blizzard or it is pouring, and then I do the dreadmill.

I weigh daily and keep myself within a 4 pound margin. I eat healthy and with a schedule, but I eat pretty much anything, protein first. The right amount is now habit but also dictated by my small tummy- I can't eat a single bite more than my signal or there is a price to pay. Binging is not an option. The exercise manages my cravings. I go by my blood work to determine needed vitamins. I keep myself active doing lots of things.

My self confidence is radically improved. I like having my attention over there outside myself as opposed to within me all tangled up with self consciousness.

Given how I was both head and body before surgery I'm simply amazed I have been able to do this! I couldn't have done it without my surgery. I acknowledge myself for doing what I have needed to do to continue maintaining the results.

Commitment, action, perseverance through time. Keep on keeping on no matter what!

Woot!!!!!

PS See profile for before and after photos!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Writergurl08
on 7/15/17 6:47 am
RNY on 02/15/18

I'm happy that you're doing so well! Congrats!

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Tee_sparkles
on 7/15/17 9:36 am
RNY on 07/07/17

Thank you so much for sharing. Im 8 days post op and it has really made me feel better (I've been having abit of buyers remorse and fears have come up) you are an inspiration and i pray my story will be like yours xx

AnneGG
on 7/15/17 5:47 pm

Trust me, I had serious buyer's remorse. I wailed to my husband "I've broken my perfectly good body!" I bet when you are further along you are going to be so grateful. I truly would not be where I am now without my "broken body", OMG I am so grateful.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Librarian67
on 7/15/17 11:24 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Congrats on your accomplishments!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Kathy1212
on 7/15/17 11:29 am

Congratulations; 7 years! Wow, such a great accomplishment!

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 428 views