What's on your Saturday menu RNYers?

Insert Fitness
on 7/15/17 5:18 am

morning everyone!

late post for me today! Late night last night and slept in a bit and just got back from taking the dog for a walk.

anyone have plans for today? My in laws are in town and we're planning on going to a family reunion type BBQ. And before, I think we're going to try and take in this cool garden exhit.

Qotd: following yesterday's amazing before and after pics, I'm curious. Do you have any before and after personality traits, or behaviours?

I don't think my personality has changed much, but I do no I feel more comfortable in the world, and that translates to being more outgoing I think. I've always been pretty outgoing, but now it feels more natural? Not as forced.

And even though I'm no where near done, the pride at what I've accomplished to date has enabled me to want to set more goals. It's re wed my confidence in what I can accomplish.

menu:

B:bacon and tomato and maybe an egg. Company will be having blts I think and coffee with premier protein to start.

L: tbd as we might head downtown

D: tbd as we'll be at a BBQ

have a good one!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/17 5:44 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone. I loved seeing yesterday before and after photos. What an amazing transformation!! I always say that success is the best motivation. So proud of all of us!

QOTD- I feel like I am myself again after this surgery. I used to be so energetic and outgoing. The past 10 years I feel like I almost starting hiding. I would dread seeing people and I was embarrassed of how I looked. I feel confident again.

I really need to clean my house today. It was a stressful week and yesterday I spent the day at the lake with my daughter and her friend. Yesterday was the first time that I have wore a swimsuit or shorts in 15 years. I felt totally comfortable in my own skin. It was wonderful!

Menu for today-

2 eggs, 1 ounce ham, 1 ounce cheddar

4 oz shredded chicken with hot sauce

chomps meat stick

grilled steak kabobs with onion and bell pepper with A-1

lots of water and vitamins. I will be walking with my daughter this morning 4 miles. Have a great day!

Kakesie
on 7/15/17 5:48 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Insert Fitness and Menu Family!

My plans for today are helping my daughter to pack and get ready for Royal Family Kids Camp where she is going to be a volunteer counselor next week. It is a Christian camp for Foster and abused children. I am so proud of my daughter for volunteering to do this and for all the hard work she has already put into preparing for the camp.

QOTD: I am much more energetic that I was before WLS. I take my dog for a walk around the subdivision every day now. Before WLS I could barely manage to walk around the loop once and now I easily go around twice.

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 59, Calories - 1,165, Carbs - 120.

Today:

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks

L: lettuce, chicken, avocado, low cal dressing

D: Birdseye chicken Voila

S: light & fit Greek yogurt, prosciutto & mozzarella sticks

Exercise: Walking Blossom around the subdivision

Have a WONDERFUL day everyone!

~ Karen

Amy Liz
on 7/15/17 8:18 am
RNY on 11/21/16

That is so awesome that your daughter volunteers as a camp counselor there. You have every reason to be proud!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Kakesie
on 7/15/17 10:07 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Thank you, Amy Liz!

NYMom222
on 7/15/17 5:59 am
RNY on 07/23/14

QITD: I was always outgoing, but I think I've changed in a good way like you said more natural. I had this discussion with a girlfriend and she said I'm definitely change but again not in the negative. I think more self-confident.

This journey is such a mind game. I am at the high-end of what I consider my 4 pound optimal goal range. And I actually think I look better with the 4 pounds .... but I'd like to be at the bottom number so that I have the buffer zone. Our brains!

I'm going to eat seafood Festival later, which I wasn't thinking I was going to because I never ride and I didn't want to be stuck there all day because I do get tired of wearing this brace out and about. But a friend text me last night and she's only going for like two hours so that was perfect.

B: 2 latte morning, one with MiraLAX and MCT oil, and both with fair life milk

L: i've been trying to eat a burger for days and it always seems to be pushed to the side so I'm eating a burger today LOL, cheese and bacon.

D: seafood Festival - I figure that's the best kind of festival you coming going to have to weight-loss surgery, low-calorie and easy to digest. I plan to stay away from desserts. Last night I had a few bites and it's never worth it really.

S: just made some homemade yogurt so probably yogurt and strawberries. PB and crushed pecans on ha spoon at bedtime. Maybe an iced coffee with vanilla Premier.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

cc583
on 7/15/17 12:16 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Seafood festival!! Yummmm!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

seattledeb
on 7/15/17 6:39 pm

Your snacks sound good.

Queen JB
on 7/15/17 6:08 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! I was inspired, too. You guys are all amazing!

QOTD: This might sound silly and the opposite of what most people do, but I used to always be dressed up and wearing a lot of makeup. I felt like I couldn't be natural because my natural was ugly, and I couldn't ever just disappear and be invisible because my weight made me stand out. Now I feel more more comfortable running out the market with yoga pants and no makeup because I can blend into the crowd.

B: cinnamon bun & coffee

S: plain Greek yogurt 2% Syntrax with PB protein powder

L: Chai Protein Latte

S: babybel cheese & maybe a HB egg if I am still hungry

D: not sure--going to a party!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

NYMom222
on 7/15/17 11:03 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I love your answer to QOTD- so true... just blend in. I have not worn any makeup since my surgery 5+ weeks ago, and I realize I'm OK with it...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 439 views