Not necessarily [Blocked from the daily menu thread...]

Theduffman27
on 8/8/17 10:58 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Agreed Elizabeth!

(deactivated member)
on 8/8/17 10:34 am
RNY on 09/22/16

I have a hard time believing that anyone blocked you for just voicing your opinion. I certainly hope that did not happen.

Ceci

White Dove
on 8/8/17 11:05 am - Warren, OH

You can still read a thread that is started by someone who has blocked you. To do that you log out of OH and then read the thread. But you will not be able to post to it. When it has been started by another member who has not blocked you, then you can post to it.

Sometimes we get on each others nerves and the peaceful solution is to block, rather than to argue. I have blocked members and have been blocked by members.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

HonestOmnivore
on 8/8/17 11:09 am
RNY on 03/29/17

Thanks for the work-around and yeah... I totally respect a person for putting up a boundary, our own mental health is precious and the last thing we need to experience is coming to OH for SUPPORT only to have our blood pressure shoot through the roof! It is probably a shock to hear this, but I've irritated others over the past 50 years ;-)

5'4" 49yrs at surgery date

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

babsinga
on 8/8/17 11:09 am
RNY on 07/11/17

Hi Honest Omnivore,

If we can't be honest here without being judged, then where can we? Its not my right to judge your choices, only make suggestions as others have made to me.

I have been on here nearly 15 years as a poster. Didn't think it was possible to block someone from a string of posts. Violates freedom of speech and amendment rights unless you are trolling or violating terms of agreement with OH. That is something I don't agree with at all if it is indeed true that you are blocked in some way.

The other thing I noticed over the years is that as weight loss buddies, we are hard on ourselves already, but sometimes every once in a while, remarks made here are misinterpreted because after all, no one can see your face, nuances as they can face to face in the same room with you.

I find myself often feeling I must justify myself to others and my food decisions then feeling bad if I eat a green bean because it has a carb. As a former morbidly obese person with a BMI of 55 and now in the low 30's and a 15 year span with multiple revisions, mostly due to things I could not control like slipped band and reflux, I have seen all kinds of people with different methodologies that work for them and others that have failed because they deviate from the things that made them successful in the first place. In most cases, we are replacing addictions ( I did for a while) and when people start off making exceptions to the rules usually ends in bad result, unless your surgeon is ok with this and/or you can live with yourself if your decision results in failure. Hope it isn't true that you are banned and you can get resolution to this.

Babs in GA

HW 348 Revision SW 224 GW 165 CW 148

Revision from sleeve to RNY

Pre op: -5 M1-12 lbs M2 11 lb M3-5lb M4 -9lb M5 -2 M6-6 M7-7 M8 -4 M9-5 M10 -2 M11 -2

200 lbs lost and 17 pounds below goal !

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/8/17 11:43 am
RNY on 08/05/19
On August 8, 2017 at 6:09 PM Pacific Time, babsinga wrote:

Hi Honest Omnivore,

If we can't be honest here without being judged, then where can we? Its not my right to judge your choices, only make suggestions as others have made to me.

I have been on here nearly 15 years as a poster. Didn't think it was possible to block someone from a string of posts. Violates freedom of speech and amendment rights unless you are trolling or violating terms of agreement with OH. That is something I don't agree with at all if it is indeed true that you are blocked in some way.

The other thing I noticed over the years is that as weight loss buddies, we are hard on ourselves already, but sometimes every once in a while, remarks made here are misinterpreted because after all, no one can see your face, nuances as they can face to face in the same room with you.

I find myself often feeling I must justify myself to others and my food decisions then feeling bad if I eat a green bean because it has a carb. As a former morbidly obese person with a BMI of 55 and now in the low 30's and a 15 year span with multiple revisions, mostly due to things I could not control like slipped band and reflux, I have seen all kinds of people with different methodologies that work for them and others that have failed because they deviate from the things that made them successful in the first place. In most cases, we are replacing addictions ( I did for a while) and when people start off making exceptions to the rules usually ends in bad result, unless your surgeon is ok with this and/or you can live with yourself if your decision results in failure. Hope it isn't true that you are banned and you can get resolution to this.

FYI: "Freedom of speech and [first] amendment rights" apply to the GOVERNMENT's ability to limit speech. The constitution has no bearing on a private forum or an individual's decision to ignore.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/first_amendment

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

babsinga
on 8/8/17 12:38 pm
RNY on 07/11/17

True, but it sounded good lol. :)

I was really trying to say that I believe that people should be free to say what they want and if you don't like it, there is the delete button or block if you don't agree. But I think you can block someone on OH? And OH has their own rules, but I don't think they involve food compliance so unless the poster is referring to only one person blocking her, then I dont think she violates terms and agreement with OH by posting that she has wine so early out? Personally I don't think this is a great choice but not my body.

Babs in GA

HW 348 Revision SW 224 GW 165 CW 148

Revision from sleeve to RNY

Pre op: -5 M1-12 lbs M2 11 lb M3-5lb M4 -9lb M5 -2 M6-6 M7-7 M8 -4 M9-5 M10 -2 M11 -2

200 lbs lost and 17 pounds below goal !

on 8/8/17 1:03 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Yes, an OH user can block anyone they like. In this situation, Daisy (who often starts the menu post) blocked HonestOmnivore because of a personal disagreement; it has nothing to do with OH T&C.

HonestOmnivore
on 8/8/17 1:45 pm
RNY on 03/29/17

Out of curiosity, what was our personal disagreement? Was it from the question on adding protein to the liquid diet phase without adding any artificial sweeteners?

5'4" 49yrs at surgery date

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

on 8/8/17 1:48 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I said nothing about MY personal disagreement with you.

I was referring to Daisy's reasons for blocking you, which I am not aware of.

Most Active
Recent Topics