Not necessarily [Blocked from the daily menu thread...]

Grim_Traveller
on 8/9/17 4:58 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I love it when you say stuff like "laissez faire."

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

(deactivated member)
on 8/8/17 12:48 pm
RNY on 09/22/16

So now it makes sense! Yu weren't banned from that thread just by a person on the board. Heck I know I am blocked by some people on this board and I certainly have blocked people on the board. I blocked one because she argued over and over why it was OK for her to drink. It just got too much for me so I blocked her.

Ceci

Theduffman27
on 8/8/17 12:51 pm
VSG on 11/19/14

I bet you are going to sleep well tonight knowing you have not been blocked by the duffman! LOL

HonestOmnivore
on 8/8/17 1:11 pm
RNY on 03/29/17

Yep! I agree, and I wouldn't have even known if it wasn't for the "missing" Menu post!

5'4" 49yrs at surgery date

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

CerealKiller Kat71
on 8/8/17 1:03 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

This is why I refrain from posting in the menu thread except during Meat Week challenges.

I am 3.5 years (Daisy and I have the same time!) out, and in recovery for my food addiction/binge eating disorder. I work hard every. single. day. to maintain control over a grave and insidious addiction that was indisputably killing me, hurting my family, and destroying my quality of life.

I find those who do not take the significance of WLS and the need to address what brought us there -- both triggering and frustrating. I have a deep desire for others to achieve long-term success and victory over what I consider to be a disease that robs its victims of both a longevity and quality of life.

There's no way for me to respond day after day to someone who takes this opportunity lightly, without becoming churlish, or dare I admit -- sanctimonious. I cannot imagine the emotional stress someone like Daisy encounters with the same recovery experience as myself, but also running the inarguably frustrating menu post. Our first responsibility is our own recovery and health.

None of us here are acting in the role of professional counselors -- even those of us who do so professionally outside of these boards. No one is obligated to any other poster.

Blocking someone may well be in the best interest of someone who may feel triggered or overwhelmed by another poster. If done quietly and without malice, as this certainly was intended, it serves an important purpose. It's a private and unaggressive way to protect oneself.

The only way anyone else knows that someone on the boards has blocked another person, is if one of the parties involved posts as such.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

HonestOmnivore
on 8/8/17 1:21 pm
RNY on 03/29/17

I am sorry if I implied that I was owed anything. I re-read my original post and I see that I expressed my hurt, but I also see that I acknowledged why I might have been blocked.

I actually like Daisy quite a bit, I mean seriously WHO DOESN'T LIKE DAISY??? She's one of the kindest people on the entire board!

Once I realized it was a personal block and not a thread block, I updated the title and added explanation. I can not find anywhere here were I even implied I thought Daisy was being difficult or otherwise nefarious in her blocking me.

The only reason I found out I was blocked was because I couldn't find the menu post, and when I finally did I got a blocked message telling me I couldn't view it. It still took me awhile to realize I was blocked by the individual posting the thread.

I didn't take this thread down because I thought it was better, once I'd posted my woe-is-me original, to come here and fess up on what really happened. I am a true believer in transparency.

I would think that if one were triggered by seeing posts from those who are struggling or otherwise non-compliant, spending time on OH support boards would not be a wise choice.

Is it OK to continue to be active in this community if one is being 100% compliant to their NUT and surgeon's plan? What if one is working with their NUT and or Surgeon to find a plan that is closer to the recommendations on the OH forums?

If the only people who post to the menu thread are those who adhere to the "right" menu and rarely mess up, why would they need to post to the boards at all?

5'4" 49yrs at surgery date

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/8/17 1:50 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

My opinion: there is nothing wrong with posting about an occasional, well-intentioned slip-up. Repeatedly posting about poor decisions and continuously justifying bad behavior falls into a completely different category.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 8/8/17 6:10 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Screwing up is a part of life. No one is perfect, but frankly your posts comes off as see what I can eat, this is what I'm gonna do, & I don't care what you think. That's all well & good if that's what you want to do, but you post this accountability part of your post & then do nothing to change it, how is that being accountable? After awhile its not an accountability but really just something else you ate during your day.

Then to add to it, you advise other newbies of your eating lifestyle as something that can be good for them, when in reality it isn't good for them or you. There's also this tendency to blame others for your bad habits. Like you went to a wine tasting or a micro brewery & thus you had to sample what they gave you when you could've just avoided the whole thing.

It just looks like you're playing russian roulette at this point & Daisy probably couldn't stand that you keep playing on the tracks with a train heading your way.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

seattledeb
on 8/8/17 3:27 pm

Part of my recovery this time is posting on the menu board. I usually post what I have eaten instead of what I plan. Mostly because I'm nocturnal on the West Coast but also it's another way for me to be accountable. I have been eating my diet since the ACAW. I'm dropping weight fast and that's nice but what is amazing is the peace that can come from eating your own diet/menu. I've been on all the seats in this roller coaster. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to stay here.

ScottAndrews
on 8/8/17 2:09 pm
RNY on 03/20/17

I blocked you as well. Too many dog photos.