Not necessarily [Blocked from the daily menu thread...]

HonestOmnivore
on 8/8/17 12:16 pm
RNY on 03/29/17

Yes, I totally agree!

I suggested it was my relatively unapologetic attitude about allowing some wine in my life, but lets be real, if I listed every single thing I've posted that has really set folks off it would be a pretty long list.

5'4" 49yrs at surgery date

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

Theduffman27
on 8/8/17 11:37 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Will someone just block me already? LOL

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/8/17 12:07 pm

honey.. if you are blocked - you probably will not know that... or see that...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Theduffman27
on 8/8/17 12:23 pm
VSG on 11/19/14

LOL........Great Point! I needed a laugh out loud moment.....Thanks for pointing out the obvious to moi!

HonestOmnivore
on 8/8/17 12:17 pm
RNY on 03/29/17

The first rule of blocking...

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/8/17 11:51 am

As Hala said, blocking is for the blocker's benefit. I have blocked people, and I know that I have been blocked.

Before you decide that you were blocked for drinking alcohol and that your good, bad, and ugly posting is forbidden, you might consider that the following: A lot of us have been here a good while. We have honed our ability to tell who will be successful and who will struggle. Your laissez faire approach to eating and drinking in your first year, during which habits are formed--habits that will be hard to break later if they are bad--is not indicative of long-term success. You are already struggling, and you insist on making it harder for yourself with poor dietary choices while ignoring sensible advice and defending those choices because you are a self-proclaimed oenophile and gourmand.

You are on an obesity site. We all like to eat and drink. The difference is that most of us have realized we cannot have our cake and eat it, too--every pun intended. Everything in life has consequences. The consequences of my outrageous eating were terrible health and tipping the scales at over 300 pounds.

The accountability portion of the menu thread is to acknowledge a poor choice and move on. But nearly all of your days are filled with poor choices, and you just defend them. THAT is why many of us are frustrated with your posts. You have been given so much good advice, and you scorn it, and us, as outmoded fuddy duddies out to ruin your fun.

I sometimes cannot decide if you are pulling our legs, you truly believe some of the things you post (such as the one about some post ops thriving on a carb-forward diet), or you are in the grips of a truly terrible food addiction.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/8/17 11:57 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/8/17 12:15 pm

yea. "I sometimes cannot decide if you are pulling our legs, you truly believe some of the things you post (such as the one about some post ops thriving on a carb-forward diet), or you are in the grips of a truly terrible food addiction. "

or it is "in your face" posting to create controversy. That's why posting a recipe off deep delicious chocolate cake with double chocolate frosting, served warm with a 2 scoops of ice cream, one vanilla, one caramel as a dessert on daily menu day after day would have me blocked in no time. or going to AA meeting with a beer... now that would be stupid IMO.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Theduffman27
on 8/8/17 12:33 pm
VSG on 11/19/14

Great point regarding recipes.....I do not stop in the morning for coffee due the mounds of baked goods that are near the coffee. The only trigger I have at this point is sweets. I do not indulge, not a bite, not a spoonful, not just a tiny wee bit, even my MOM has given up trying to tempt me with sweet pleasure. I think I would snap if someone was posting recipes for sweets on a daily basis.

*** Disclaimer - I will block anyone that sends recipes to my inbox...LOL

HonestOmnivore
on 8/8/17 1:35 pm
RNY on 03/29/17

Nope. Not in your face.

There is a very firm line here at OH of what is accepted. Low calorie, High protein. I am here because I think that makes a lot of sense. I am not able to subscribe to the all or nothing, black or white, slippery-slope HITLER approach to anything in this world. Life is complicated, truth is nuanced.

The only thing I know for a fact is that I know very little.

SW - 206 CW - 128