What's on your Tuesday (Halloween!) Menu RNYers?

Teena D.
on 10/31/17 3:46 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good morning menu peeps and Happy Halloween! My son says this is his last year for trick or treating. :( They grow so fast! Busy night for us as we pick up our van and then home to shell out

QOTD: What's your most memorable Halloween costume? Last year we had a costume contest at work and I dressed up as a "zombie bride". My kids said I didn't look like a zombie but whatever- it was scary and I won. We aren't doing anything this year at work so I didn't dress up.

Accountability- I had a couple of crackers yesterday which would not normally be on my menu. Overall I did stay in my goal but no more crackers!

Menu: I made chicken salad and brought enough for breakfast and lunch.

Snack- Greek yogurt with sugar free raspberry jello

D: Not sure

Weight hasn't change.

Have a great day everyone!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Librarian67
on 10/31/17 4:18 am, edited 10/30/17 9:19 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning menu folks! I still have the last bits of a cold. I'm sniffling and coughing but feeling much better. I haven't exercised for several days and I feel like a slug. I may take a short indoor walk today to jump start my body a bit.

Accountability: I've been sucking on SF cough drops for my throat and they are triggering me to want candy. I haven't had any candy, but I am really craving it.

Menu:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, turkey sausage patties

Snack: Cappuccino protein shake

Lunch: TJ's Vera Cruz swai, baby carrots

Snack: 2 oz turkey breast

Dinner: pork chops (finally), cauliflower

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

ScottAndrews
on 10/31/17 4:55 am
RNY on 03/20/17

Candy cravings? Well you're in luck cause there's hardly ever any extra candy laying around after Halloween.

Feel better!

Kakesie
on 10/31/17 4:50 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Happy Halloween Teena and Menu Family!

Why can't ghosts have babies? .... Because they have hollow weenies! LOL!

QOTD: I once (when I was young and skinny) dressed up as cotton candy. I wore a fluffy, pink lacy night gown and gathered it around my legs so it was pouffy and stuffed it so it was puffy. I also had a curly pink wig and pink tights. I have a picture somewhere, but it would take forever to find it.

Accountability: I ate too many calories & carbs again yesterday and not enough protein. Protein - 69, Calories - 1,280, Carbs - 153.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: hamburger with melted cheese, light & fit Greek yogurt

D: cheesy ranch chicken

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, Atkin's peanut butter cups

E: Walking Blossom around the subdivision

Have a very Happy Halloween!

~ Karen

Teena D.
on 10/31/17 5:50 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Your joke was our morning office chuckle!

pinyee
on 10/31/17 5:34 pm - Bomoseen, VT
RNY on 03/23/16

Karen,

I had a Southwest flight attendant tell me that joke last month on the way to Vegas... Thanks for the reminding me of a great flight crew!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/31/17 5:03 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I feel guilty, but we will just be leaving a LARGE bowl of candy out tonight. My elderly dogs cannot take the excitement of people coming to the door, so we will be going out to eat and leaving the house dark (except where the candy bowl is). That way the dogs won't hear them and will just sleep.

QOTD: One year DH and I dressed as Mickey and Minnie Mouse (I made the costumes). I used to make the costumes for my children, which I have saved in case there are ever grandchildren in the future. The first costume I made was a mouse costume for my eldest DD when she was just about 2 years old (43 years ago). She loved cheese and her nickname was the mouse. In fact, Elise loved cheese throughout her lifetime.

1 year, 7 months post-op (maintenance). 9 work days to retirement (11/13).

B: eggbeaters, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Shrimp

S: yogurt, baked apple

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Teena D.
on 10/31/17 5:57 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Nothing to feel guilty about!

We had some awesome handmade costumes too- When Owen was 1, my friend gave me a spider costume- it had 4 legs that were stuffed and then his arms and hands for the other 4. He was still crawling some of the time so it was a bit freaky to see this big black spider crawling around the house- cutest spider ever though! I don't sew but I have made a lot of costumes for my kids. I made a knight costume for Tyler one year, and a robot for Owen another time.

supershopper
on 10/31/17 5:04 am

Hi all

QOTD: I would say two stand out. Both in college surprisingly. One year went has brunhilda from the Wagner opera series. Blonde pigtails, viking dress and horns. It was great. Second was dolly parton. I stuffed those babies big time and even got a cat call marriage proposal- lol...

weight up a little for me today- trying not to weigh every day more like every other day. concentrating on fitness health goals and not obsessing on the number on the scale in maintenance. trying to..

food for today:

chicken

egg whites

jello/yogurt

veggies (cabbage/eggplant)

not sure on dinner but the trick or treaters are getting double bubble and I'm not interested in shoving that in my mouth so that works out! wanted to go by wendy's and get the frosty certificates to go with their gum but not sure I will make it out.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Meggles07
on 10/31/17 5:12 am, edited 10/30/17 10:22 pm - Canada

Good morning :)

So cold here... We are getting snow this morning. I had to stop and get gas on my way to work so I'm a popsicle now ;)

Today we are having a Halloween lunch in our office. We are getting gourmet lunch boxes. I ordered a chicken and mushroom sandwich. It comes with soda water and dessert so I will give those away. I'm expecting their might be treats in the office so I will have to muster up all my willpower. DH will hand out the candy tonight. I just walked passed someone carrying a *nerf toy, so I expect today could be interesting.

QOTD: my favourite costume was a *Casper the ghost one that my mom had made for me. It was super heavy and warm and I even wore it as a teenager because people couldn't tell who was in it lol.

Post-op two years, seven months.

Breakfast - oatmeal

Snack - egg, yogurt

Lunch - lunch box sandwich

Snack - chicken

Snack - pepperoni and cheese

Dinner - beef stew

Snack - protein shake, maybe one pack of m&ms.

All water and vits.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?