Missing my tall boots

Au_Contraire
on 11/6/17 1:56 pm

I have always loved knee-high (even over-the-knee) boots, and own many pairs which I haven't been able to get over my fat calves for years (sob!). Though I didn't measure my calves before surgery, I know they have gotten smaller, because my ancient tall Uggs (which I wear around the house as slippers in the winter) have much more room around the top than they used to. For years I had to roll them over into a cuff because they wouldn't fit over my calves if I didn't. But now they fit as designed! Yet my calves still measure 16.5" at their widest. I am wondering if they will get small enough over the next 120 or so pounds for me to fit back into my old boots, which vary between a 14" and a 15" calf. They used to fit. I wore regular shaft boots for years, though not the very narrowest styles which would require a 13" calf. Do you think it is likely that I will lose another 1.5" and be able to wear my tall boots again?

pammieanne
on 11/6/17 2:02 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I gave away all of my wide calf boots last winter and now have replaced them with regular width ones... I don't know about all of them, and I haven't measured my calves in a long time, but yes, I would imagine you'll be back into regular width boots before you know it!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Au_Contraire
on 11/6/17 2:45 pm

Thank you Pammieanne! How wonderful that you are rocking regular calf boots! The thought of fitting back into my beloved boots again is good motivation all on it's own!

ScottAndrews
on 11/6/17 3:48 pm, edited 11/6/17 7:48 am
RNY on 03/20/17

Not that I know anything about tight calf boots but 120 lbs from now those boots will likely be loose.

We lose muscle along along with all that fat.

Au_Contraire
on 11/6/17 4:53 pm

I don't really want to lose muscle, but I know we do lose some. I know if I do specific calf exercizes, they would get more defined but also bigger, so that's out. Guess I'll just have to wait and see!

peachpie
on 11/6/17 3:56 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Yup- I think you'll be able to wear them. My calf measures 15" now, and all my tall boots are 'regular'. I can still slip my hand in the top of the boot too.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Au_Contraire
on 11/6/17 4:50 pm

Thank you Peach! That's good news!

Teena D.
on 11/6/17 7:19 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I'm at 170 now (planning to lose another 30) and got rid of my wide calf boots as they were too big. Today I bought a pair of regular boots that come just below the knee. They have a. Elasticized gore which I need as they are snug but they do fit. :). I took a pic because I'm proud of the boots and the size 10 jeggings that I also bought today. I am going to share it on the menu thread but I will share with you here.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Au_Contraire
on 11/6/17 7:52 pm, edited 11/6/17 4:40 pm

Teena, you look fabulous! Congratulations on your new boots! Thanks for sharing!

I actually could never bring myself to wear wide calf boots, since to my critical eye, they seemed to accentuate my oversized calves. The boots just looked so huge and so did my calves! So I wore tights and shoes instead. I haven't needed snow boots since 2000 - for me my boots were much more about fashion than necessity. I really do look forward to fitting into them again! I actually got rid of an old pair of very expensive but very narrow shaft boots because I figured that ship had permanently sailed. Now I wish I had tried stretching them instead!

Meggles07
on 11/7/17 5:36 am - Canada

I would say your calves could continue to shrink, even the muscle. Think about this -- for so long those calves had to work hard to move around the extra body weight. They are at the bottom of the pole, so they just generally have a lot of work to do. Now things like walking, standing, etc. don't take as much work. Those muscles will probably shrink a bit and the body seems to redistribute weight even once the weight loss has stopped :) My aunt gave me a pair of wide-calf boots that were too small pre-op. I gave them away last years because they were too big.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 339 views