What's on your PHOTO Friday Menu RNYers?

Kakesie
on 11/10/17 4:16 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Congratulations on your retirement, Liz!

Amy Liz
on 11/10/17 8:53 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning and a nice long slow one for me because I am off today! We are back from taking the dogs on a walk and I've had plenty of coffee to get the day going. Even so, I'm in a funky mood and wanting to be left alone. Hopefully it will pass soon. Not sure what else today has in store, but I'm sure we will be going out at some point.

QOTD - My favorite veteran in the world is my dad. He retired as a Lieutenant Colonel having served 26 years in the Marines. What an amazing career! One of my brothers was in the Army, another brother went to the Navel Academy. All of my uncles served in the Armed forces and most of my great aunts and uncles did as well. My son is seriously considering enlisting in the Marines right now.

Accountability - I ate extra beef jerky. I can't wait until it is gone. It's a snaking slippery slope....

11+mo post op - down another pound - 171.8

b-coffee w/hc, SB grande latte

l- not sure we may go out - I'm finding I don't enjoy eating out anymore - I'd rather ate my own food

d-BBQ grilled chicken

v/l n track

Have a great day everyone!

This photo was from 2 years ago on Veterans day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Au_Contraire
on 11/10/17 2:06 pm

What an absolutely wonderful photo of your dad (look at those intense blue eyes)! I have no idea why but this picture brought tears to my eyes. Your family has given so much to our country! Thank you for sharing this, Amy Liz.

Amy Liz
on 11/10/17 4:29 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Thank you!! My family means everything to me

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

CarlRay
on 11/10/17 9:11 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Here are a couple of photos I forgot to attach for Photo Friday. One is the lunch soup my wife makes, and it's just unreal. The next is my great grandpa I mentioned in my original post. He was 21 in this picture.

Au_Contraire
on 11/10/17 2:08 pm

Carl Ray, your wife's soup looks incredibly good...yum!

And this photo of your great-grandfather is, to me, so touching. Amazing how young he is in this, isn't it? Young and so brave and dedicated! Thank you for showing this to us.

Au_Contraire
on 11/10/17 1:06 pm

You're looking slim and gorgeous, Teena!

Teena D.
on 11/10/17 7:23 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Aww! Thank you!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Au_Contraire
on 11/10/17 2:14 pm

I know it's really late for posting but I'll do so anyway.

This week has been really encouraging weight-wise - the scale is moving nicely and I'm closing on having lost 90 pounds! My 5-month surgiversary is in 2 days and it would be fun if I actually hit 90 pounds by then.

QOTD: My parents were European and came to this country after WWII, so neither served in our armed forces. I miss them both incredibly - truly the greatest generation. So determined, so hard-working, so steady, so utterly lacking in self pity! My darling mother's birthday was January 18, 1918. She was born before WW1 ended, in the middle of that devastating scourge, the Spanish Flu! That blows my mind. And it is amazing to me that had she lived just a few more years, this upcoming birthday would mark her centennial. 100 years ago! I miss her very much.

First: coffee with cashew milk and Cappucino protein powder

B: 2 oz. turkey

L: 1.7 oz. ham, 0.3 oz. cheddar, melted over it

D: tilapia with lemon

lots of tea.

Wishing everyone a happy day today!

karenp8
on 11/10/17 2:36 pm - Brighton, IL

I don't think we ever stop missing our parents. I had troubled and odd relationships with both my mom and dad but still miss them almost every day. It definetely makes me treasure my in laws more.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 440 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views