What's On Your Friday Menu, RNYers? Photo Friday, November 24, 2017

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/24/17 3:36 am, edited 11/24/17 4:45 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I hope everyone celebrating Thanksgiving had a wonderful and thankful day! We had dinner with friends in Florida and it was great! Our host is a great cook and all the people got along together well. I had to use a big plate for my food, but spread it out a lot so it didn't look too sparse. By my estimates I ended up with approximately 1400-1500 calories for the day, which I didn't think was too bad.

QOTD: If you decorate for Christmas, when will you do it this year and how extensive will it be? We usually decorate beginning the day after Thanksgiving and it may take up to a week to get it up. This year, I plan on putting lights on our lanai today (once we finish cleaning it and get the furniture our there), but that will be it here in Florida. We go back to Cape Cod on December 11 and I have PS on December 14, so I will be doing the decorations there on the 12-13. We will put a full size tree and stockings in our sunroom, a tabletop tree in the living room, candle lights in the windows, and a couple of wreaths outside.

For photo Friday, post a past (or current picture) of holiday decorations (any holiday). Mine is of our sunroom tree.

1 year, 8 months post-op, maintenance:

B: eggbeaters, cottage cheese, and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: not sure yet - haven't gotten that far in planning (or shopping)

S: yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Librarian67
on 11/24/17 5:10 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning Liz and menu folks! We've already had breakfast and gone Black Friday shopping. We went to Penneys and Walmart and got some good deals. I bought several warm sweaters and turtleneck shirts at JCP for good prices. They will keep me warm this winter. I love the St John's Bay brand sweaters. They are comfortable. A NSV is that I've always loved sweaters but was too warm to wear them. Now I have to wear them to keep warm. I love that!

Today we are taking my MIL to a BBQ restaurant. It is one of her favorite places and she is really looking forward to it. I am a little nervous about it because she isn't as mobile as she used to be, but she is determined.

Accountability: I found out with personal experience why carbs don't agree with me. We got turkey dinners from Denny's to share for lunch yesterday and I ate most of the turkey and some small portions of dressing and mashed potatoes along with some broccoli. I was overfull after lunch but not too bad. For dinner I ate the leftovers and got really sick. It tasted good but my stomach was rumbling and I felt sick for hours. I tried to drink water and it just made me feel worse. No dumping though. I feel better this morning, but I am going to try to eat more healthy today.

QOTD: We will put out some lights on the porch and some garland and stockings on the mantel. Other than that we don't decorate alot. We have cats and they love to play in the tree and other decorations, so we don't put them up any more. I miss them though.

Menu:

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, 1/2 cup plain oatmeal, 1/2 cup cantaloupe

Snack: Premier Protein shake

Lunch: BBQ chicken, salad

Snack: string cheese, apple

Dinner: probably ham and baby carrots, blueberries

Exercise: I want to take a long walk this afternoon to work off the BBQ

Happy Black Friday everyone!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/24/17 5:27 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good for you getting out early: I love the stuff at JCP too! I used to have cats when growing up. I remember one climbing our Christmas tree (good thing my father secured it to the wall), and one used to eat the tinsel (back when we used that stuff - luckily it passed through).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

karenp8
on 11/24/17 5:54 am - Brighton, IL

Yes to good deals as I'm always a fan of those! You will do fine taking your MIL out to eat. She's determined and that's 3/4of the battle and she has you there to help. Enjoy your time!

Meggles07
on 11/24/17 5:11 am - Canada

Good morning :)

So happy it's Friday!! Puppy play date tomorrow morning and then DH is putting up some Christmas lights. He is so excited, it's cute.

Yesterday I asked my boss if I could take off one day the week before Christmas as DH has that week off and we are closed the week after so our holidays don't line up. She said to take two days lol. So I will probably take the Thursday and Friday to spend with him.

QOTD: this year we bought a full size tree for our living room -- we've done a little table top one because of the puppies the last few years. The tree is up, prelit, and hung with garland. That's it so far. We will probably do more decorating this weekend. I like to enjoy the process and take my time. We put on Christmas music and I sometimes light a candle or something.

Post-op two years, eight months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - egg

Lunch - turkey pepperettes

Snack - cheese whisps, pepperoni

Dinner - chicken korma

Snack - protein shake if needed

All water and vits.

Librarian67
on 11/24/17 5:34 am
RNY on 02/28/17

The chicken korma sounds good!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Kakesie
on 11/24/17 5:40 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Liz and Menu Family!

We had a nice Thanksgiving yesterday and I managed to control myself and not over-eat too much.

QOTD: We bought a smaller artificial tree last year and it is definitely easier to put up and take down and clean up after than a real tree. I think it's a 4 foot tree. We haven't put it up yet. I will put a light-up wreath on our door and I hope to get some garland put up on our fence and some lights on our back fence. My picture is our "rainbow" decorated tree from last year. We will probably use the same decorations because Saralisa loves rainbow colors.

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 75, Calories - 1,175, Carbs - 96

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: cheesy chicken, light & fit Greek yogurt

D: crustless chicken pot pie

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana, 2 Atkin's peanut butter cups

E: Walking Blossom around the subdivision (if my back ache is better).

Have a wonderful day everyone!

~ Karen

Librarian67
on 11/24/17 5:52 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Karen, love your tree!

Kakesie
on 11/24/17 5:56 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Thanks Janet!

karenp8
on 11/24/17 5:56 am - Brighton, IL

Beautiful tree,Karen!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 494 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 352 views