What's on your Saturday menu RNYers?

Patty R.
on 1/13/18 6:29 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Happy Saturday!! What roller coaster in weather!

QOTD: My family is part of a children's charity group. A fund raising event, started by my Dad and his friends, then my brothers and sisters and I joined in, and now my boys and niece and nephew are taking over. Going strong for 27 years.

Time out 1 year, 4 months+

I have a serious addiction to crunch and ice chip chewing does not satisfy it. I will make some cheese crisps today...

Menu

B: Premier vanilla and coffee, egg and cheese

L: tuna w/ low fat mayo and lettuce

D: chili w/beans, homemade plain greek yogurt, low fat cheese, 3 grape tomatoes chopped

Cal: 787 Prot: 84 Carb: 24

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

Insert Fitness
on 1/13/18 8:29 am

That charity group sounds like such a fun legacy!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

catwoman7
on 1/13/18 6:38 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Happy Saturday, All!

it's 3 below zero here right now. Ugh. I skipped my usual sunrise yoga because I can't deal with this cold. But we need to venture out sometime this morning because we have a couple of necessary errands to run to places that close at noon or 1:00. After that, who knows. Maybe I'll sit home and read and make chili or soup or something. I *really* don't want to be out in this...

QOTD: I've been involved in a lot of things over the years - and eventually end up on the board, work my butt off, and then burn out and move on to something else. Seems to be the pattern. Currently I am on the board of a civic organization that hosts speaker luncheons on a variety of topics (although mostly civics-related, of course) and also on the board of our neighborhood association. I'm also in a book discussion group that meets monthly, and I'm on a committee of our state library association.

Although not organizations, I also go to the same yoga, meditation, and Aqua Zumba classes regularly, so I have social connections there since there are a lot of us "regulars" who know each other pretty well by now. And - this is dumb - but I'm a "regular" at a coffee shop near work, and I know all the other "regulars" there (or at least those who are usually there between 7:00-9:00 in the mornings). We're all on a first name basis, among ourselves and also with the baristas. So - more social connections, even if these aren't formal groups or organizations.

accountability was great yesterday, weight down another 1/2 lb this morning. YAY! It seems to be working!!

2 years 7 months out:

B: Greek yogurt with 1 T tahini and 1 T Crio Bru grounds mixed in, raspberries

S: coffee with half & half, protein/Miralax chocolate latte shake

L: not sure - maybe pulled pork or maybe homemade pumpkin yogurt with high fiber cereal on top

D: the fajita-like thing I got yesterday for a lunch at a Mexican restaurant (it's technically not a fajita, but the same kind of idea - meat and veggies in some kind of sauce). I'll eat about a cup of the meat/veggie mix and give DH the rest of it (plus the tortillas & rice - to DH, that is...)

other possible snacks, if needed and can work them into my 1500 calorie budget: raw veggies with Greek yogurt dip, Greek yogurt, a piece of crustless protein pumpkin pie

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 1/13/18 6:58 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning weekenders!! We are taking the dogs to the park when it's light out then I'm pretty much spending every waking minute with my son until he leaves next Sunday. I am so proud of him and love being able to fully support him in any way I can. Especially as he moves through this enormous change in his life. I am so blessed to be his mama

QOTD - I love the idea of joining and belonging - especially a book club - but I'm such an independent introvert that I would never follow through... I like doing things alone, or one on one. I have a few special people I love to spend time with but other than that, it's just not my thing.

Accountability - anxxiety issues yesterday... I had quite a fewSF butterscotch candies and TONS of SF gum so I wouldn't eat. Ended up horribly bloated and miserable.

13 mo post op - day 3 at 157 I'm happy

b-coffee w/hc, bacon and cheese

l- eggs w/mushrooms

d-hot Italian sausage w/peppers and mushrooms

I've been on a mushroom kick lately, can't get enough! Still on the eggs too, I HAVE to have them everyday

Have a great day!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

mschwab
on 1/13/18 9:18 am
RNY on 11/21/14

I love mushrooms. I could be a vegetarian if mushrooms had protein. My favorite time of year is the Fall when the best wild mushrooms are in season. Porchinis are my favorite. Yum!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Au_Contraire
on 1/13/18 11:15 am

I love mushrooms too! When I was little, I thought they were a type of meat. Just love them!

seattledeb
on 1/13/18 8:41 pm

I love a meal that works over and over again.

peachpie
on 1/13/18 6:59 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning RNY'ers! Finally could do an outdoor run today. The wind was miserable, but I got 5.5 miles in. Had to get my son to wrestling, which is where I am now. (FYI I hate this, and all sports). No real plans after this- have a few things to get in the market; and will help the older kid pick out new glasses. We have a 3 day weekend.

Qotd: nope, don't belong to any clubs, organizations etc. I'm a woman of my own island :-) sometime I wish I did, but then I'd have to interact with people IRL, and we'll, I'm an introvert.

205 today, 2.8 Year out

m1: boiled egg, 3 turkey sausage links

m2: left over steak, some maybe Mac n' cheese if my son doesn't claim it first (I hope he does)

m3: ham? Preferably a 1/2 sandwich if I don't have the Mac n cheese from meAl #2

m4: chili

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

yvonnef1964
on 1/13/18 8:17 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Just trying to survive this freezing cold weather that we are experiencing again.

i got to hold my friends grandson last night. He's almost 2 weeks old. Love baby's softness.

Qotd only thing I'm involved in is my church that has bible study during the week.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D ham and butternut squash

Have a good day

mschwab
on 1/13/18 9:08 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Good morning everyone. It is going to be a beautiful weekend. Today it will be sunny and almost 60 degrees, not that I am taunting all of you that have snow and freezing temps. I am going to take advantage and do a stair climb at my favorite park. I also need to go into the design shop and finalize plans for the bathroom and get things ordered. Then there is that permit paperwork. Sigh....

Accountability: I did pretty well yesterday, until my BS dropped last night and I had two peanut butter spoons. It took care of the problem, but didn't help my plan.

QOTD: I don't belong to a group, but I do volunteer work and fundraising for a couple of non-profits. I am on the BOD of Rose Haven, which is a day shelter for women and children. I also sit on the alumnae committee for St. Mary's Academy, an all girls high school that I attended. You can say that those are my communities.

B: my breakfast was so yummy yesterday that I repeated it this morning (see pic below). Toasted Trader Joe's Rosemary Bread, schmeer of whipped cream cheese, 1 oz of smoked salmon, capers. So good!

S: Kelly's egg salad

L: Beef Barley soup

S: 3 oz NY strip steak

D: 4 oz chicken thigh over spaghetti squash sautéed with garlic and basil

Totals: calories 912, carbs 41, protein 93

Have a wonderful day!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Most Active