What's on your menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

Kakesie
on 2/16/18 5:46 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Wow, that's horrible that you were nearly accused of STEALING the wallet when you tried to do the right thing and turn it in! I'd be gun shy, too, after that awful experience!

pammieanne
on 2/15/18 6:45 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Morning Menu Peeps! Happy Thursday!

Sorry your ankle is hurting, Daisy. So far, knock on wood, I don't notice an arthritic pains. I hope it stays that way for a long time!

So tonight I am going to the Norman Regional Hospital's 16th birthday bash for their WLS program (where I had my WLS). I'm excited because there will be some great door prizes, and I really want to win! On the other hand, because I have a friend that is a nurse there, I asked about if they were having food there (so I can plan in advance) and find out that they are having snacks and CUPCAKES... CUPCAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who in the hell thought having cupcakes to celebrate their WLS center was a good idea? This just irritates me to no end.

QOTD: Wow. That's such a hard question to answer. First off, finding a wallet that belongs to someone I know, let alone truly disliked, filled with money?! I'd be very bummed that the wallet had ID in it... and I'm not sure if I could talk myself into turning it in, money and all... but as I get older, the more I believe in Karma and doing the right thing as much as I can... that being said, it would really be hard to turn that in! Now, I find money with no ID attached? All mine... no way am I turning it into the police for them to hold until/if someone comes searching for it.

I once found a wallet, as a child, in the sand dunes in Galveston. It was full of money... and my dumb little child mind walked up to a pile of teens sitting on the beach and asked them if it was theirs... they gladly took that wallet from me. I look back and kick myself in the ass for doing that!

Maybe keeping the cash and turning in the empty wallet is a nice compromise??! Wonder what karma would think of that. Hmmmm...

Accountability: We went to a 'Cajun' restaurant last night... I use the term Cajun very lightly when referring to this place... I tried. I really tried to eat great, but they weren't being accommodating with me at all (refusing to substitute beans for the rice/hushpuppies unless I paid for a full serving of red beans/rice on top of the full price for the meal - another 6 bucks) I threw a fit (inside mostly) and ordered their gumbo - no rice. It was akin to navy bean soup with some meat thrown into it. I ended up only have a few spoon fulls, but ate crap from my sons plate - including fried catfish that they hadn't removed the dark meat from, it was nasty, and french fries... I really showed them, didn't I? )

B: 1 egg and 2 pieces of bacon

L: Meeting the daughter at a pizza place... toppings only, and all meat toppings

S: I will probably leave work and go have something down in Norman before I go to that meeting... maybe an appetizer wing plate to fill me up? Not sure... but I am not showing up at that party hungry.

D: According to my friend, there will be 'bari' friendly snacks as well as the cupcakes... I'll see what's there, but I am determined to be a good example and not eat anything there that's not healthy for me.

Over and out! Make today a great one!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Patty R.
on 2/15/18 8:43 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Yup, the Karma thing! When it's bitten you in the a$$, you tend to be wary!!

Theduffman27
on 2/15/18 12:48 pm
VSG on 11/19/14

Cupcakes at the WLS Center - let me guess, the nutritionist who is 100 lbs soaking wet took care of the food? LOL

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Just4me7
on 2/15/18 7:20 am

RA runs in our family. 2 sisters, 1 niece, but me just OA. I've seen one sister never go into remission and one who goes in and out. My niece thank goodness is young enough to have biologics to take. My younger sisters have been diagnosed for over 30 years and in the beggining there was only gold shots, prednisone, methotrexate. So by the time biologics came around, joint damage was off the charts.

QOTD: would like to think I'd find the owner.

Food yesterday wasn't so bad, couple cookies last night along with the strawberries.

Today isn't going so well, but determined to get it together by lunch.

Happy Friday eve!

Pamela

Surgery 05-08-18 hw 317, consult wt 278, surgery weight 252. M1 -20, M2-5, M3-8, M4-6

karenp8
on 2/15/18 2:59 pm - Brighton, IL

I was fortunate to be in a study when biologics first came out and received the study drug. I've been on different biologics ever since so my joints are not externally disfigured just missing cartilage inside.

Emiepie
on 2/15/18 7:23 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning and Happy Friday-Eve! Daisy, I hope you enjoy the long weekend and that you have some awesome plans. I am traveling for work on Sunday and will be working out of the Bay area office the first part of next week.

Accountability: I had some mixed nuts and some dark chocolate coconut "chips" that John got me as part of my Valentine's gift.

QOTD: I would probably still give the wallet back, it would cause me too much guilt otherwise.

Time since surgery: 3 years 6 months

B: SF latte, eggbeaters, ½ an orange and 2 turkey sausage links

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Salami stick, Carbmaster yogurt, and Mr Cheese O's cheddar

D: Realgood bacon pizza and 2 squares Lindt dark chocolate

ES: Homemade Greek yogurt with SF jam and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: 6 miles ran this morning and 40 mins of elliptical at lunch

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1270 Protein:124 Carbs:69 Fat:57

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

yvonnef1964
on 2/15/18 7:44 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Arthritis not yet

Accountability had protein cake bites and quest protein bar

Qotd I could use the money but I would feel guilty if I kept it I would give it back.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and cuties orange

D going out probably chicken fingers and coleslaw

Have a good day

Amy Liz
on 2/15/18 7:46 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Morning everyone~ It's so windy out this morning which seems to make it twice as cold here. My office is separate from the main building so we go back and forth all day and get so chilled! I have my office heater cranked.

I got a good 'up' letter from my son. He is doing much better at boot camp, whew! I'm so relieved because I've been so worried about him. Almost 4 weeks down, 9 to go!

The rehab and long term care facilities we were looking at have denied my dad due to his inability to do rehab and his agitation in general. Hospice is evaluating and we think he will be released back to his current home on hospice tomorrow. He has many medical issues, but due to his broken back, he can no longer walk and is now bed ridden. He will come off the medical marijuana and receive comfort pharma meds now as he is in a lot of pain. Thoughts and prayers are welcome

I don't have arthritis that I know of but I certainly get weather achy.

QOTD - I couldn't keep it or throw it out no matter how I felt about the person. It would haunt me until my dying day.

Accountability - ok - 157.5

b-coffee w/hc, SB latte and 1 egg white bite

l-IDK

d-IDK

v/l - on track

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Patty R.
on 2/15/18 8:48 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Prior to my early retirement, this is the type of patient I had to set up care for. Hugs!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 384 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 250 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 321 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics