What's on your menu today (Tuesday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 4/10/18 2:22 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hi Protein Peeps! How is everyone? My Dental appt went really well, they did more work than planned but my Dentist is pretty awesome and she helped quell my fears (I hate getting work done at the Dentist).

Accountability: I switched out my thai food for dinner for a cheeseburger no bun and no other off plan foods

QOTD: Play along: There is a Zombie Outbreak, who from OH will you have on your Zombie Apocalypse Team. If you can't think of anyone here on OH since you are new tell us who from our family & friends and tell us why. Here is my OH Zombie dream team:

• Second in Command: Juniper Berry - she is a natural born leader! Small but Mighty, she embodies Leader plus she is so tiny no meat on her bones the Zombie would leave her alone
  • Heavy Weapons: Grim - you need a strong guy who can carry all the guns/ammo, you know like Terminator, but I would call Grim "The Baconator"
  • The one that Survives: Emipie - she is so fast she can just run away and get help!
  • Sniper: TheDuffman27 - not afraid to get right into battle and kick some Zombie ass and since he works out like a fiend he can annihilate some of those *******s
  • The One that Loses It: Kaksie - living in Nebraska there are not a lot of Zombies so its fair Karen loses it first, but we got your back Karen
  • The one who can blend in: Librarian67 - being that she recently had a major surgery and is still healing and walks slow the other Zombies will think she is one of them
  • The Brains: catwoman7 - being a very experienced Librarian catwoman could use all that knowledge to defeat the Zombies & strategize how to get us to safety
  • The Medic: Lizwantshealthforall - Liz has a heart of gold and is a sweet caring woman and would want to see all her friends get healed quick
  • The one that profits from the dead Zombies: cc583 - being that Chris is a Master Griller he will get his pick up truck, get the dead bodies, smoke them in the smoker or bbq them with some of his awesome marinades and sauces and sell it all at the next OH conference. Zombie Jerky anyone?

This is all in fun, so hope it made you laugh or smile! Who is on your Zombie Dream team?

Time since surgery: 4 yrs + 5 months

B: lots of decaf with vanilla PP used as creamer + vanilla Activia yogurt

L: two cabbage rolls

S: two baby bel

D: Lemongrass chicken (leftovers)

S: protein shake - GNC whey vanilla protein powder (2 scoops) with lactose free milk

Totals: 946 calories, 94 protein, 51 carbs

V: patches are on + oral D3 & oral B12

E: walk with the dogs around the subdivision - still not allowed to work out due to back injury

Have an really great day everyone!

PHOTO FRIDAY IDEA: here is your homework people - for Photo Friday lets see a pic of you when you were a kid, can be from newborn up to age 10. Get out your photo albums and find a pic!!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Librarian67
on 4/10/18 3:58 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning Daisy and the rest of you Zombie fighters! I know nothing about surviving a Zombie invasion, but I do know that if I have to fight that I want Mike and Kelly with me. They are both fit and feisty and ready to run!

Yesterday I got in another hour swim. I'm mixing it up a bit on my laps so I work out different muscles...ouch but great! I'd like to go to Deep Water aerobics tonight, but if I work a 9 hour day, I may not be up to it. Lots of walking at work and maybe a long walk at lunch.

Accountability: I had 6 of my wife's McD's french fries for dinner last night. They were soggy so I didn't enjoy them as much as I had hoped.

Menu:

Early breakfast: string cheese, 6 almonds

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, turkey sausage

Snack: Cappuccino protein shake, 6 almonds

Lunch: fish, broccoli

Snack: 2 oz turkey breast, apple

Dinner: beef, broccoli

Exercise: 3+ mile walk at lunch, deep water aerobics

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Librarian67
on 4/10/18 4:01 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Hey Daisy, can Zombies swim? If not, the librarian duo will survive by swimming away and kicking a$$ with Aqua Zumba moves!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

catwoman7
on 4/10/18 6:35 am
RNY on 06/03/15

love this!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Librarian67
on 4/10/18 6:49 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Water Kickboxing!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/10/18 4:05 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! We did essentially nothing yesterday other than visit with a friend for breakfast and walk Justice. Possibly today will be more of the same...

QOTD: Yes, you got a big smile out of me on your proposed team, and the members seem appropriate based on you descriptions . I have no other ideas for a team as I don't really know watch any zombie stuff and it is too early in the morning for me!

2 Years post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Deli turkey or ham

D: Shrimp and veggies

S: Yogurt and/or mozzarella/prosciutto sticks

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Partlypollyanna
on 4/10/18 4:22 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Tuesday!!

QOTD: I avoid all things Zombie...I just hope when the outbreak happens, I go first!

Accountability - made a swap to a lower carb yogurt yesterday and missed on water by about 20 ounces. Today I'm having fasting blood tests at 11:30 so I'm already working on catching up on the hydration since I have many hours of only water ahead of me! I'm supposed to see a wrinkle in time with some friends tonight so really looking forward to that!

B & S: water, water and more water

L - .5PP

S - .5PP and coffee

D - PP

evening snack - string cheese

Totals - 484 calories, 74 protein and 10 carbs

Have a great day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Writergurl08
on 4/10/18 4:33 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! Daisy I know how you feel about the dentist. When I moved to this town I put off shopping for a new dentist forever until I started having tooth pain. Cavities!

Were supposed to get a few nice days here and I'm hoping to get some garden work done before the next round of rain/snow. Ugh.

Qotd: I'm not sure I know everyone well enough to make up my own team without stealing your ideas. Can I be on your team?? I'm probably not a good fighter, but after all the stores have been looted and there's no more food, I can grow a garden! So we have fresh veggies with our BBQed zombie!

breakfast: Just Crack an Egg bowl, Premier Protein with my coffee

lunch: my MIL brought over some meatloaf, which she makes with half turkey, half pork sausage. It's not half bad. I'll take a slice of that.

dinner: likely on my own tonight so...more meatloaf?

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

CarlRay
on 4/10/18 5:10 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning! I weigh in daily just to keep an eye on things. This morning I actually swore at the scale (audibly) which is out of character for me. I was up a few pounds. Then I thought about what I've eaten the past couple of days, and my activity. Both pretty great actually, so it didn't make sense. I weighed again, and it was down again where it's been for half a week. I weighed 4 more times, and it showed where I thought it should be, so I don't know what that first measurement was all about. It might be time to replace the batteries on that scale. Just to be safe, I put a 5 lb weight on it. 5 lbs. So it's calibrated right. I weighed myself again, and I was still down where I thought (and a bit below what my recent 1 year appointment said) so I'll chalk that first weight up to a gremlin in the scale.

The ride in was awesome, though some mornings (like this one) my legs just seem to have to work harder. Fatigue, maybe. Some mornings I'm flyin'. Today was more like I was hauling a trailer full of concrete. Still great though, because a) though I'm still frozen, it's noticeably warmer, and b) it wasn't freakin' raining for once. I'll take that any day even if it means riding like I'm a transport.

Protein bar/shake day with a couple of small apples to cut up for a bit of fiber in there, having a small pouch day today.

QOTD: LOL, 2nd in command: Juniper Berry. For the same reasons, plus she's small but mighty and that can sometimes translate to terrifying in the eyes of a zombie (so I'm told). I would probably put myself in as a sniper because I'm a certified firearms instructor and quite proficient with guns (sorry Duffman). Grim as chief strategist, plus demolition expert. Daisy as chief of resources (we would all need protein, and zombies are too much red meat). Driver/Tactical expert: Duffman. No doubt. Once we rig up some sort of pickup/tank machine, I'd like to see what he does with it.

There's a few off the top of my head. LOL weird question, Daisy. Great for a Tuesday though.

Theduffman27
on 4/10/18 5:38 am, edited 4/9/18 11:02 pm
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning Daisy and menu folks. Two more sleeps and I am in Florida! I am so ready. Mom just sent a text regarding the weather, Thurs - 82, Fri - 86 and sat -89. Ryley is having second thoughts regarding his college choice , so we are going to look at Plattsburgh State in the near future.

Accountability - added a serving of veggie straws, remained under 1200 calories...so OK.

QOTD - I love it.....Great list, brought a smile to my face. I would add - OH version of a Seal Team - Daisy, Kelly and Me- we would hit them hard and be gone before they knew what hit em. We would also need Karen and Lily as our security team....Lily would let us know if the zombies got close.....I am not always good at taking orders, but know JB would be a great leader!!!A co worker just walked by and asked what I was grinning about...LOL....

B - 2 hard boiled eggs

S - Oikos triple zero

L - cabbage roll in a bowl

S - buddig meat

D - Pork chop, baked with a coating of pork rinds

E - Gym night

***** I need to tell this gym story that happened over the weekend. I love music, I used to sing in a band when much younger and if out and about I will sing with a local band I know. When I am doing cardio I will sing a line , a few words and catch myself and stop I dont sing loud. Saturday I ran 3 miles and then got on the stair climber next to this lady that always has a scowl on her face. I was at about 100 flights climbed and was sweating like mad, I was listening to Metaliica- whiskey in the jar and I was repeating - Mush a ran dum a doo dum a dah.....next thing I know she is tapping me on the arm, so I take my headphone off ands she says - can you stop singing???? I apologized and got off the machine...I was pissed. I have been going to this gym for 3 years....and I know I was not singing loud...and not every word. I mentioned to the manager and he said I was OK to do that, that he had zero complaints about me and that they allow people to laugh and talk and want a fun atmosphere, I made up my mind that next time I will just say, I am sorry you are having a bad day, I hope your day gets better and move on. What are your thoughts on this, as it does bother me.......be honest if you think I am wrong....

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 440 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 432 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 333 views