What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 1/31/24 1:29 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Welcome to the 6184th day of January! I can't believe it's February 1st tomorrow.

I have exciting news :) I am officially an employee of Berklee College of Music! Yay! Thanks for all of your good wishes and support! They offered me the position yesterday and we celebrated accordingly last night with our good friends. I don't start until 2/26 so that gives me a few weeks to figure out how to wind down the cookie business to just do classes and end custom orders.

Our new mattress was a success, too! Very comfy! The only problem is that we did a deep clean before it was delivered and we kicked up some serious dust from the radiators. I am increasingly more allergic to dust and I woke up sneezing, coughing, and miserable. We'll have to clean the filters in the air filter today so I can breathe again. It's funny--my cat really dislikes it when we sneeze or cough and he always gives a little very disapproving "mew" if we do. He's so fed up with me this morning, and after lots of meows that clearly meant, "SHUT UP", he finally just left the room and went upstairs. He got to the top, stopped, looked down and me and gave a final FU meow. Haha, he is so bossy. Sorry for being sick, Fezzie.

QOTD: Do you have any vacations or getaways planned? I have no idea if we can pull it off but I thought it would be fun to go to NYC for a few days before I start work. We haven't been in a few years and it's silly since it's so close. It would be so nice to hit some museums and see the sights. Other than that, we don't have anything planned until a 3 day weekend in July when we'll be taking a woodworking class together up in Maine.

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • leftover tacos
  • leftover tacos
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 1/31/24 2:06 am - Amarillo, TX

WAY to go QJB! I knew it'd be yours! So happy for you!

Mornin y'all! I'm having a rough-ish morning. Not horrible so at least there's that. Just a lot of pain all over and some itchiness in my palm which I think it's from carpel tunnel...I sure don't want that surgery though. I can't sleep. So it'll be an interesting day ahead.

I have an appointment at 12:30 and we need to go pay the first installment on our property taxes. This month has been a year of Mondays. I have to decide what to do for my birthday. If I had it my way it'd be a don't celebrate day but my mom and brother would be upset. The kids like celebrating it too. Ugh. I'll be 43. Thankfully I won't be forced to watch the Super Bowl since it's late in the day. As for food...I might get a fruit tart or something from a bakery. I don't want cake. I don't want to have to cook or bake but if my brother comes over I'll have to cook at least. I'd like a day where I could relax. Ah well. What will be will be.

I lied a bit about the results of my test block. Not a huge one though. The percentage of relief is a crock of crap it I said mine was 80% overall. It's hard to gauge when your legs are screaming and your shoulder complaining. There is so much going on with my health stuff that I just and tired of the tip toeing around. I keep having hot flashes and now it's not always related to my blood sugars as I had thought. My bs last night was 94 and I had one that was pretty bad. It's frustrating and the medical "professionals" don't listen.

QOTD: none here at all. We're thinking of maybe a trip to Caprock Canyon state park. It's close enough for a day trip. The official bison herd of Texas is there that was saved by Charles Goodnight and his wife. I've been wanting to go for a long time but it'll depend on the ablation results.

B: eggs, cheese and coffee x2

L: PP cookie dough shake

D: enchiladas from the freezer

a bracelet I made that's getting a lot of love in one of my chainmaille groups!

Queen JB
on 1/31/24 2:25 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Wow, that's gorgeous as usual!

I hope you can get well enough for that trip--I just looked up pics of the park and it looks magical. It's amazing how different parts of the US look from each other. The northeast doesn't have anything that looks like that at all!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 1/31/24 4:28 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks! We also have one called Palo Duro canyons state park that is a lot closer. It's the second biggest canyon in the us. I love my state for the nature if nothing else.

Partlypollyanna
on 1/31/24 3:27 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Can you tell the family that for your birthday you would like someone else to cook or order in the meal so you don't have to? That seems like a wonderful and easy birthday gift.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 1/31/24 4:30 am - Amarillo, TX

I have told my mom but you're right...I need to tell everyone. I might just have them pick up pizza. There is a place that has a cauliflower crust that is lower carb that I want to try. Sounds like the perfect idea!

Teenie
on 1/31/24 7:59 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Either that or throw something in a crockpot and be done. I do Crack chicken and I would lay out tortillas and tell them to have at it. Low cab tortillas and great chicken 2 minutes to make and always a crowd pleaser.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Grim_Traveller
on 1/31/24 4:06 am
RNY on 08/21/12

That bracelet is beautiful.

Tell everyone you will not be cooking for your own birthday!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Melody P.
on 1/31/24 4:31 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you!

I think I will do just that!

Dcgirl
on 1/31/24 2:41 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Queen!!!! So exciting! Look at your MBA bad boss lady self making moves! I am so happy for you and not at all surprised that they snapped you up!

Qotd: needing to travel monthly to take my mom to cancer treatment and needing to visit my parents quarterly as they age, I'm in a period of my life where big adventure travel (which gives me LIFE!) is a little hard to plan. I have a local getaway with friends to the MD Eastern Shore but that's like an hour away haha. I have a friend who is bringing her family to DC for spring break and then sending them home and staying with me for 4 days. But as of now that's all that's in the books. I really want to go to NM but tickets are $800+!

I got a drastic haircut last night and I love it! I cut bangs and it's pretty short and our 13 year old told me I look much younger. Ummm I'll take it!

B: hard boiled eggs mashed with cottage cheese

L: a leftover but of green chicken curry

D: chicken quesadilla

I hope you bask in the glow of landing a kickass job that you want, all day long! You deserve it!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 1 replies · 9 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 255 views