What's on your Thursday Menu?

Mkess
on 2/1/24 6:11 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning and Happy Thursday,

I'm due in my friend's garage in a half hour to change my oil. I put 2500+ miles on my trusty automobile over the last three weeks. Also, he's going to diagnose if anything else is pressing. It's not immediate but I need to replace my splash guard. I lost my splash guard on the highway 75 miles from getting home. I had a dangerous situation that did not end horribly. I was in the left lane, sandwiched by two semis front and back, and a pickup truck from the right lane decided to change lanes into me. I had no choice but to veer onto the shoulder. There was debris on the shoulder and my car was instantly close to out of control. I tried to make it entirely on the shoulder before I came to a stop. The splash guard had wrapped around the wheel and I feared the worst. I macgyver'ed it free and was back on my way 20 minutes later.

QOTD- 2 1/2 years. I found this group a couple months after surgery.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: chopped chicken salad.

D: Muffaletta on fresh muffaletta bread that my friend baked. Popcorn.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 235 Surgery: 8/9/21. 20lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Melody P.
on 2/1/24 6:53 am - Amarillo, TX

That stinks about the car stuff but I'm glad you were able to figure it out on your own.

Mel

Emiepie
on 2/1/24 12:24 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

It's great that there was such minimal damage. That could have been horrible.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 2/1/24 7:14 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Meneurs,

That is a great Photo. I only know NY Mom and of course you and Grim. Do you stay in touch with the other ladies? Such a fun picture.

I guess my bank had an affiliate company that had a security incident that has not yet but could potentially lead to identity theft. With that said right now they are giving us 24 months free Identity monitoring I need to sign up for today. That will be nice to have considering I never signed up for this with any other company. Does anybody pay out of pocket for this kind of service? I guess we shall see.

QOTD: Looks like I signed up on March 13, 2018, but probably did not post to June or July. I lurked for a couple months to get the vibe. Then a QOTD came up and I couldn't not post.

Accountability 1 Tete De Moines Rossett and I did the Treadmill for 1/2 hour.

TSS: 6 years 1-months 19-days 160.8 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF coffee mate chocolate caramel creamer

MS: L&F creme brulee Greek yogurt, berries.

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

L: chili and snack selects

D: Shelia's Nonie's Meatloaf and roasted Cauliflower.

Exercise: dog walking and pound

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Queen JB
on 2/1/24 7:55 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Sorry about the security breach--that sucks. Definitely sign up for the monitoring service.

Do you remember what the QOTD was that got you to post?

And yes! I haven't stayed in as close touch with T (I should reach out!), but Maryann and I traveled to Paris and Maui together and Cynthia has been up to visit many times :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Lisa91941
on 2/1/24 7:34 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Waiting for the first of the atmospheric river to wash over us today. It's already sprinkling a bit. It's chilly and a great day to be mostly inside. We've got shows to catch up on, books to read (The Heaven and Earth Grocery Store) and wood for the fire place. Hard to complain. I only HAVE to go out at 2 to pick up my new glasses 3 blocks away. I got up this morning and did a 20ish minute yoga routine and may round out my 30 minute goal by running up and down my stairs for at least 10 minutes.

Yesterday I nailed 111 minutes of cardio and weight training. For dinner I ended up going with 1 Arancini ball, so good! 1 bite of lasagna, 1 bite of Rog's chicken parm like dish and I ordered the strawberry and beet salad with a teensy tiny bit of goat cheese on it. I was like don't say it's a goat cheese salad if this is all you are giving me!! It was truly like 1/4 ounce. But I came home from dinner with a happy tummy and feeling successful about my dinner out.

QoTD: I think I found you guys when I was recovering from surgery, and then lurked for about 6 months. I've made some amazing friends on here and look forward to what is going on in your lives and the support that you all provide.

Menu today

B: 1 egg, 1 slice bacon and 1 slice protein bread

L: more leftover chicken pot "pie"

D: Leftover brisket transformed into something that will be a rounded out dinner. Need to work on that.

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Dcgirl
on 2/1/24 12:14 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Ohhh my mom highly recommends that book! I have it on hold but she is going to bring me the paper version in a few weeks. I hope you enjoy reading it and staying inside and warm on a rainy day!

Sheila_H
on 2/1/24 8:11 am, edited 2/1/24 12:51 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

QJB - enjoy your rest time. You are not old, what's her name from CO was a grandma at 36!

Has anybody here been to Havasu Falls in AZ? They opened up the reservations this morning and it's a pain to get into the site. They sell out in a manner of hours. It's a 4 day hike, I think 10 miles in 10 miles out. I've been trying to sign up, it's a lottery, but the site keeps putting me on hold. It's like trying to buy a TS ticket. But this one I'm willing to wait for. DH panicked about his work when I said I wanna sign up for this so I told him if he can't go I'm sure DD will go with me. Now he is jealous of my one on one with DD.

QOD: I lurked for a couple of months after surgery, June 2017, but once I joined I committed to it. It's like my version of AA.

My meals yesterday (egg fast day 3):

• Bullet coffee
  • Scrambled eggs with pecorino romano cheese
  • Egg custard, Asiago cheese
  • Hb eggs
  • E: 1 hr elliptical (too rainy to go out for a wog)

Happy almost Fri-yay!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Grim_Traveller
on 2/1/24 8:47 am
RNY on 08/21/12

One of my oldest friends I met when I was 16. She lives two blocks from us, and she and her husband went out to eat with us the other night to celebrate JB's new job.

Anyway, I was 16, and she was 19, with a 3 and 4 year old. This woman is a major smart-ass. Her youngest is about JB's age. When we started dating she offered to send her daughter over for a play-date with JB.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Sheila_H
on 2/1/24 9:03 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

JB is tiny enough she can pass for a 12-13 year old.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 280 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views