What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 2/1/24 2:06 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! Well, I had the very laziest day ever yesterday. I think the relief I felt from actually accepting the job washed over me and I was basically paralyzed. I sat on my butt all day and filled 1000 online shopping carts with millions of things and read through Facebook which I never ever open (except for my business page). Apparently ALL of my old friends my age from elementary school have new grandchildren. WTF? I am old enough to have grandchildren? We're not even 50! That's just wild to me, but there were so many.

Ok, I know I have been saying this for days but I really really really really need to do cookies stuff today. It can't wait any more! I must.

QOTD: How long have you been posting regularly on OH? I had my lapband in 2008 and I was a regular poster on the lapband forum every day for years (back when all the different surgery boards were very active.) Within months from getting the band, I was incredibly sick from it and eventually any time I posted about it, people would jump down my throat and tell me I was an idiot for having chosen the band in the first place. OH used to be a very active and very mean place. Since it was no longer helpful or nice, I stopped posting here for a year or two until I got my revision in 2015, and then I came back and found this awesome group. I started thinking about how long I've been active in this group the other day when I found an amazing pic from a meetup Grim and I had in NYC with a group from this board and I was shocked to see it was over 7 years ago!

NYMom222, Mschwab, (me), T Hagalicious Brown, & Grim.

In summary, I am old. My friends are grandparents, and I have been on this forum for over 15 years. My god.

Accountability: 0%--such a lazy stupid day.

• protein coffee
  • all the leftovers
  • "
  • "

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Greateight
on 2/1/24 3:33 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody!

It's pretty clear to me at this meeting that my time has passed by. I don't speak on panels anymore and when we discuss metrics I don't come anywhere close to meeting them because so many of my clients have been passed on to other people. Feeling a little bittersweet or maybe just plain sad

I got out a bit yesterday, had lunch in the Courtyard and walked around a bit. It's certainly not hot, but I was comfortable in my sports coat without needing a sweater or anything.

I did skip last nights networking session and go to the gym, which felt good. I think that I will try and go again this afternoon, although the schedule could be a little tight because there is an evening program. With our 24 hour access at home, it takes some pressure off to get my week's work in.

Marilyn is also heading down to Florida, although I will not see her. The tennis ladies have a tournament in Tampa that starts tomorrow. It appeared that they were starting their festivities last night.

But the big news is that the first of the Cliffhanger shirts arrived from Kohl's yesterday. Me and Matt's shirts are scheduled to arrive today, and we will be all decked out in Cliffhanger shirts and Alpine hats when we attend traveling Price is Right on March 2.

QOTD: I started posting a few months before my surgery in 2018.

Breakfast: Ham and Eggs

Lunch: Pasta

Dinner: Fish

Have a Great Day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Melody P.
on 2/1/24 4:18 am - Amarillo, TX

I think like any good book it's sad when it's nearing the end. You should be very proud of all the hard work you've put in!

Emiepie
on 2/1/24 5:58 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm sorry the meeting has you feeling a bit out of place. Keep your head up and finding positive aspects like how much fun you and Matt will have.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 2/1/24 7:14 am, edited 1/31/24 11:15 pm
RNY on 10/29/19

I truly grieved for my job for about 6 months. The loss of feeling needed, relevant, engaged. Slowly I found other things to fill my time and the sadness ebbed away. Now, I cannot imagine going back to a full time job.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Teenie
on 2/1/24 7:37 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Sorry you are feeling a little defeated this morning. There is so much more to live for that some crap ass company that does not appreciate you for everything you have done there. Follow Lisa's lead and enjoy retirement as soon as you can. You deserve it.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 2/1/24 3:58 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Thursday! Welcome to fabulous February. Do you know why it's fabulous? It's not january.

Everyone deserves a lazy day! Hopefully you will feel motivated to do a bit each day and not end up in one of your crazy crunches as you get closer to class day(s). That seems to be very hard on your knee!

QOTD - my RD told me about the site in my last appt before surgery, so probably right around 6 years ago.

Work yesterday had a lot of HR stuff. QJB, I hope your soon to be new team is as engaged with you as my HRBPs are with me. It makes it a lot easier when you talk more than just when say someone brings weed cookies into the facility. Mine join all my staff meetings, have at least quarterly meetings with my direct reports and monthly meetings with me. It's great. I did get out and get a nice walk since it was 62 and I did some pilates too and the couple of things I needed to get done around the house so all in all a good day.

I still haven't made the tacos as I went with an individual frozen pizza and wine after my walk.

Have to get my rowing in and I might do some boxing too after work.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X3

skyr

ham and cheese on sandwich thin

TACOS - must make the tacos

Have a terrific Thursday!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Dcgirl
on 2/1/24 4:16 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

What a great pic - I love those smiling faces! In person meetups are so great. I get to see Sheila in 40 days! (But who's counting) She will be here to visit her daughter but I will get to crash the party too. And Teenie mentioned wanting to come down, so I may have another meetup one day soon!

Such a great question. I guess I found this a few months before surgery, so whatever the date is of my surgery up in the upper right corner plus a few months. I can't tell from my phone (which I am using). I honestly was SO inspired by Grim when I stumbled upon this funny place. He had lost such a vast amount of weight (and I wanted to!) that I was finally able to believe (cautiously) that I could do it. And do it, I did! And now, I'm the cautionary tale of regain and working on handling that too!

Fun fact: I used to start the menu thread. For years. Or maybe it just felt that way haha. I'm so grateful to you, QJB, for getting us started every day. It's a commitment and you are the reason this community exists!

B: cottage cheese with everything but the bagel seasoning

L: chicken quesadilla

D: I need to have a think on this one not sure yet

Light exercise today because I have to present on a webinar this afternoon and i have cute hair haha I'm vain. So I'm doing a hiit class in a few minutes but won't get excessively sweaty!

Have an amazing day! As Jen said, today will be fabulous!

Melody P.
on 2/1/24 4:17 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all!

I'm having **** poor night. Every time I try to go to sleep something comes up...I start coughing, itching or both. My legs keep going to sleep. Matter of fact it's the only thing involving me that's getting sleep...HAHA my ass is going to drag like January did. lol

Today is grocery store and Sam's day. Tomorrow we're meeting my aunt Sandra out for lunch. They want me to pick where and I really don't care. I don't enjoy Thai food for the most part because almost everything has rice or noodles of some kind. I'll prob choose a place that has salads. Who knows.

yesterday my meeting with my peer support went really well. She hadn't had lunch so we went to a hole in the wall Mexican restaurant. Authentic s could be...they even had beef head or tongue tacos. Of which I will not try myself but it's cool to see a place keeping it "real". It was loud though but I had a fajita from hee plate and it was so good. They have taco Tuesdays that any taco is .99 cents.

QOTD: I've been a member since July of 2017 but took a 9 or 10 month pause somewhere in there after my bad fall. I also had someone(who I can't even remember and I don't think they post anymore or for a very long time) say something nasty to me. They got verbally jumped by the regulars but I was raw then emotionally. I've always been way to sensitive.

B: boneless chicken wings and coffee x2

L: ????

D: I am thinking eggs

here is an AI text prompt that I really liked. Not realistic but I thought it was petty!

Partlypollyanna
on 2/1/24 4:25 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I have had tongue tacos. A lot of times when I go to a new region for work they try to "test" the new person...sometimes the test is tongue tacos, sometimes it's cabrito, sometimes it's ouzo. The tongue was good, more tender than I was expecting. The goat was ok. The ouzo was the easiest because I like it anyway. So far no tests with eyes because I would have to nope out on that.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
Recent Topics