What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 2/9/24 2:44 am, edited 2/9/24 2:55 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning Friends! Happy end of the week and start of the weekend! I'm in my usual state of working all weekend, so no rest here. I am teaching two Valentine's Day classes on Sat & Sun and today I have a ton to do to get ready. So naturally I laid in bed for 1.5 hours watching TikTok videos... Gotta get going now!

Well yesterday's adventure into Boston taught me that my knee is not even close to being ready to walk 3 miles a day. It's not nearly as bad as it would have been a few months ago, so I am grateful that I can see some definite progress! But it really hurts a lot this morning, so lesson learned. Commuter train to 2 subways for the win! Hopefully it will continue to heal and maybe I can build up to skipping one subway and walking half the distance because it really is a nice walk in a very fun part of the city.

Photo Friday - How I announced my new job on LinkedIn. I will use it on FB & IG to announce slowing down the cookie biz soon, too.

QOTD: Has OH been glitchy for you lately? If so, how? I know I have said a few things about what's happening with me (can't load a lot of pictures, can't resize, crazy long time to load pages). And I have noticed a few others say "me too" and I thought since I am already communicating with the IT department, I can crowd source for any other issues people are noticing (like assigning the wrong avatar to someone's response) and pass it on.

We went out to lunch yesterday and that ended up being my lunch, snack & dinner!

• protein coffee
  • sausage egg & cheese rollup
  • veggie burger
  • chicken, cukes & tzatziki sauce
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Dcgirl
on 2/9/24 3:23 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Those cookies are ADORBS! I love your creativity. That made me think that people may want custom cookies for graduation parties! But of course you'll be busy with your new hustle. That was so smart to do a dry run commute and dare I say, one of the best parts of this new job will be great health insurance so you can get your knee checked out! Yippee!

This site is SO glitchy and awful for me. First of all, it was taking like 30 seconds to load the post. I had to log out and log back in and that helped a bit but it's still slow. About half the time when I try to make a post it takes me to a page that says that the connection is not secure. But by far the WEIRDEST thing is that sometimes as I am typing a paragraph, I can watch and see the lines above CHANGE to a precious paragraph. So I might be on a paragraph about exercise and suddenly it populates it with the words from the prior lines. So weird and so glitchy. I certainly hope IT can fix your issues - you single-handedly keep this site going so they'll be in a world of hurt with advertisers if the only posts are Dr. A lololol

Today is Friday but it's a super special Friday for me because I'm taking a mental health day! I'm going to the gym, swinging by Aldi, coming home to shower and get ready, then meeting a friend who is flying in for a "ladies who lunch" date and then just hanging out the rest of the day. Divine!

I don't know my menu other than lots of leftover rotisserie chicken!
Have a splendid Friday, yall!

Emiepie
on 2/9/24 5:43 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Great job for taking a day for you.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 2/9/24 6:47 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Enjoy the mental health day! I typed it as dental health which is also important but less applicable today

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 2/9/24 7:07 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I love that mental health days have become widely acceptable and even encouraged some places. Enjoy your day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Mkess
on 2/9/24 7:20 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Mental Health Day - You know what's up! Sounds like a very welcome day and important self care. Go dcgirl!

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Sheila_H
on 2/9/24 7:41 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I loooove those ladies who lunch dates. Enjoy your day!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 2/9/24 3:55 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning! Happy Friday, if we make it through today, we make it through the week! Good luck with your classes this weekend QJB.

Quickish post for this morning as I have a lot to do before I start work and then a lot to get done before the snow starts this evening. I need to get in my final rowing session in the February series too. I'd say it's 50/50 if my saturday plans get cancelled due to snow but Sunday looks good for pickleball and then flights.

QOTD - no, it's not speedy but I don't really expect a free site to be at the same level as say, my office. I do have good technical hygiene though as I logout, close and reboot everything from apps to devices and my home network once a week. Totally expecting that I am jinxing myself by admitting it's fine for me.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X3

skyr and snack select

turkey and cheese on sandwich thin

tbd on dinner

Pics are a few from the butterfly sanctuary in key west a few weeks ago

Have a fantastic friday & weekend everyone!

Jen

Melody P.
on 2/9/24 4:46 am - Amarillo, TX

Beautiful pictures!

Partlypollyanna
on 2/9/24 6:49 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Thank you! They move fast! For every good picture I probably had 6 blurred or empty ones

Jen

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 97 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 300 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 260 views