What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Teenie
on 2/21/24 6:58 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good morning Queen JB and menuers,

I'm in Long Beac and my little flight from Vegas to Orange County was awful. I had a three hour layover so I got a turkey burger and they must had microwaved it. It was so stuck and as soon as I got on the plane I got foamies. Then the turbulence was awful. I was lucky I got my Dramamine in before the foaming started. Just glad I had an aisle seat so I could turn away. I am going out for breakfast but not till 10. As soon as bestie gets up I need a coffee . I brought workout clothes hoping to get a walk in but I think it's still raining. I thought it never rained in California. That's what the song said.

QOTD: as a kid I remember listening to songs over and over till I knew all the lyrics. Many many. Ask my brother s how many times they heard me croon Sweet Home Alabama with headphones on. LOL

Accountabily: I think good. After the foamies I gave up eating

breakfast is out with friends and dinner looks like Tacos since I was not able to enjoy them yesterday.
brightest Blessings

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 2/21/24 7:31 am
RNY on 10/29/19

the lyrics go...It never rains in California, but girl don't they warn ya? It pours, man it pours.

But it's only a few days a year usually, so we ignore that part!!

Grim_Traveller
on 2/21/24 9:30 am, edited 2/21/24 1:30 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Whenever I hear Sweet Home Alabama, I always think of Warren Zevon's song, "Play it All Night Long," where he mentions Sweet Home Alabama several times. And it has the best opening line of any song, ever:

Grandpa pissed his pants again
He don't give a damn
Brother Billy has both guns drawn
He ain't been right since Vietnam

"Sweet home Alabama"
Play that dead band's song
Turn those speakers up full blast
Play it all night long

Daddy's doing Sister Sally
Grandma's dying of cancer now
The cattle all have brucellosis
We'll get through somehow

"Sweet home Alabama"
Play it all night long

I'm going down to the Dew Drop Inn
See if I can drink enough
There ain't much to country living
Sweat **** and blood

"Sweet home Alabama"
Play it all night long

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Emiepie
on 2/21/24 5:32 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Oh no, sorry about the foamies. I hope you're feeling better.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 2/21/24 6:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

we have a phone meeting with MIL's financial guy in an hour. I assume this to set up an account in DH's name and get everything transferred over. I hope so, anyway...this means we'll finally have access to some of her funds and can reimburse ourselves. Tomorrow we have another phone meeting with the bank to set up an estate checking account. Which also means more access since they won't close her regular checking account until after tax season. But if the tax refund/payment can go in or out of this estate account (which it should be able to), then we can close the regular one. Fingers crossed. This afternoon I'll go over to her apartment and finish up with bringing stuff over to our house - and start cleaning. The management said we can have their cleaning company do it for $32 an hour, but if I can at least do some of it (and I have time to do that), it might shave an hour or so off their time. I won't do some of the stuff that's on the list (like washing the light fixtures and pulling the stove out to clean the sides of it (WTF? Who even looks at the sides of an oven that's hidden by counters on either side?), but I can certainly clean out drawers and cabinets and clean the bathroom.

weight was down 2.2 lbs this morning (from last week), even though I blew it in Chicago this past weekend. Hallelujah. I'm on a roll now. I'm still going to skip any "eating event" for at least another week because I don't want any temptations until I'm feeling more secure in sticking to my plan.

QOTD: probably lots...

coffee with half & half

chocolate "mousse" topped with light whip and raspberries

raw veggies and dip (made with plain Greek yogurt) (for either MS or AS)

if I'm at MIL's before lunch time, I'll have a protein meal bar (I have a couple of them over at her apt). If I'm still home, maybe cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie

protein shake (for either MS or AS)

tuna steak and salad

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 2/21/24 7:08 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Call me crazy I clean my stove and pull it out to vacuum once a month

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 2/21/24 8:09 am - Warren, OH

The last time I pulled the stove out to clean the sides and underneath, I had sharp pain in my chest for about a week. At first I wondered if it was a heart attack, it hurt so bad. Then I remembered pulling the stove out. My nephew pulled it out for me this time. I had pulled out the stove and refrigerator once a month for more than 50 years. It always needed cleaning under and behind them.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Grim_Traveller
on 2/21/24 9:36 am
RNY on 08/21/12

The drawer under our oven never works right. You either can't pull it out, or if you do, it won't go back in. I've fixed it 20 times. I refuse to touch it again. Anything that's under that stove will stay there until after they carry my body to the funeral home.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Sheila_H
on 2/21/24 8:25 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Why go through that when you have the funds? Anytime I can pay somebody else to do something I don't like to do for me it's worth every cent. $32 per hr is a deal. At this point even $50 an hr.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

catwoman7
on 2/21/24 7:45 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

yea I've kinda gotten to that point after putting in three hours of cleaning today. But at least it kept my hands busy and my mind off food!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 282 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?