What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 2/21/24 2:31 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hello Crew! Welcome to Wednesday! Let's do thisssss!

For me, "thisssss" means more tons more baking and bagging icing. I want to get everything for my 3 March classes done and frozen before I start work so that all I need to worry about are the little things like making name tags and sprinkles packets. Baking isn't is bad but the icing is just the worst. My poor arthritic hands hate the whole process.

Quick iPhone update. Verizon still sucks. No phone. Had to call and cancel the order because it was clearly never going to come. That was probably UPS's fault, to be fair. But on the Verizon side, it takes 24 hours to cancel an order "on the back end" so they are supposed to call me today at 1pm (LOL) and then we will put in a reorder. I will be lucky if I have this phone before I retire, let alone before I start the new role! Whatever.

QOTD: Do you know many song lyrics from start to finish? We watched the (wonderful) movie "Yesterday" last night, which is about a musician who wakes up one day to realize that he is the only person *****members the Beatles and he becomes incredibly famous for recreating the songs. I am pretty sure I would be able to sing a few 80's sitcom theme songs from start to finish, and... end of list, haha.

Accountability: nope

• protein coffee
  • eggs
  • bean burrito
  • veggie burger
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 2/21/24 3:27 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Wednesday! I halfway through! I woke up this morning exhausted. At least it's my last day on this trip, One 4 hour working session and 5 half hour meetings between me and the airport.

I did get in 40 minutes on the exercise bike so that's good.

Good luck with the phone and the icing!

qotd - yes, many...and I also randomly bust out that Greatest American Hero theme song, lol.

menu today

more and all the coffee

egg, toast, bacon

tbd on lunch and dinner though but I have eaten all my backpack provisions so I will need something for sure

have a great day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Theduffman27
on 2/21/24 4:31 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning JB and menu Friends, Thank you for the words of encouragement. I had Mom looking into meds, not only was he not getting meds on time, the rehab center had also added trazadone and melatonin ( he has not taken them previously) His Neuro feels this change can have an impact on his current state. His Neuro wanted him back at the VA, so Mom was able to transport him, said he was great getting in the car and singing along to 50's and 60's songs on the way. Hoping this is just a bump in the road and the issues are med related.

I am down to 194.4.

QOTD - I love music, If I could have sang my homework I would have been an A student. I could remember all the words!

B - Protein Bar

S - Berries and Yogurt

L - Cabbage roll

S - Cheese and salami stick

D - leftovers

Stay Healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Partlypollyanna
on 2/22/24 1:32 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I'm glad your mom was able to get your dad to the VA and I hope they get it all sorted. It boggles my mind that a rehab center would just give additional meds without telling the family or the long term medical team.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Theduffman27
on 2/22/24 12:43 pm
VSG on 11/19/14

And told her the Meds were on the VA list. Mom confirmed with the VA the meds were not on the list.

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Grim_Traveller
on 2/21/24 4:40 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good morning all. I've got PT in a few. I only have 2 sessions left after today. Then I get to break out the sewing machine to hem some curtains. What's the difference between curtains and drapes, anyway? I use them interchangeably, buts there is probably some distinction.

I wish I knew what the heck is wrong with me. We had friends over Monday. We expected 6-9 people, and had 7. I might have had food for 30. WTH? I always swear I'll never do it, but still overprepare. Maybe we should just never have people over.

QOTD: If I just had to sit down and recite lyrics, I'd do a terrible job. Play some songs, and the lyrics come rushing back. I'd bet it's the same for most people.

For the record, we tried watching a few episodes of Greatest American Hero just a few years back. It's pretty much unwatchable.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Queen JB
on 2/21/24 6:31 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I vote for never having people over again.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 2/21/24 6:45 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I call them "drapes" if they go down to the floor. Otherwise, curtains. But I don't know if there's an official (or at least agreed-upon) definition..

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 2/21/24 7:57 am - Warren, OH

I learned to cook huge amounts of food when all of our friends and family were young. And all that food used to be eaten. As people get older, they usually eat much less, but we still cook like we did for 20 year olds.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 2/21/24 5:02 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin y'all!

My mom has an appointment today and I have one later in the day with my peer support pal. I need to pick up prescriptions. Today or tomorrow I'll be cleaning the rest of the bathroom downstairs. I'm betting on tomorrow since the appointment with my PSP isn't until 1.

It's supposed to be 81° today. Yuck. Why can't it be my preferred temperature all the time? lol

Our phone line and internet are being really spotty. When using the phone it breaks up a lot. We're going to finally get rid of our phone line fairly soon. We got a call yesterday I think from that company that wanted to buy the house but the phone wouldn't cooperate. It may not of been them but who knows.

Yesterday went ok. I'm still extremely sore but at least it's easier to walk. I definitely have a deeper limp for now. Maybe we'll get less questions about the disability placard now. People have a lot of gaul if you ask me.

QOTD: most I have to have the music to be able to sing it with. In that case many MANY songs. There are some though that I know by heart...I still do better with music to accompany it. It's like my head is a jukebox that needs a song activated to recite it.

Food is a bit iffy today, just because it's not planned

B: eggs, cheese 4 crackers and coffee x 2

L: will probably be boneless chicken wings aka chicken breast bites.

D: ?????

here is a high fashion dress for ya.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 1 replies · 7 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 255 views