What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 2/22/24 1:50 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning to everyone who does not work at Verizon! I have had a phenomenally good attitude about this whole thing until last night. I yelled at a kid who works there a few times and I feel badly about it because I am sure he's not a decision maker in the company, but they were really trying to rip me off and I finally just lost my mind. In the end, after yelling and waiting on hold for over an hour, he was able to put my account back to where it was over a week ago when I started this process and I will not be purchasing a phone from them. Somehow my bill is expected to be $100 more dollars this month for literally no reason since everything is back to where it was a week ago, but I had already run out of steam by the time that was revealed, and I basically just paid $100 to never have to talk to them again. I have no plan for getting a new phone before I start my new job, so I guess I will just have to rely on an external brick charger to keep it going enough to use it for the commuter rail tickets.

More baking and icing prep today. It will never end.

QOTD: What is the most popular coffee chain in your area and is it your favorite? There are 15 Dunkins for every 100,000 people in MA! I used to love it but they changed something a few years ago, and I find the hot coffee barely drinkable and the iced coffee is undrinkable. I am a Starbucks girl!

Accountability: Nominally better but I found the peanut butter pretzels.

• protein coffee
  • TJs eggwich
  • veggie burger
  • chicken
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 2/22/24 2:27 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Thursday from my sofa! I am so ready for the weekend and happy to be home.

This is the back up battery I use, it's perfect because it's easy to charge and use. It's a little bulky but for a workbag vs a small purse, it's ideal.

QOTD - no idea what's most popular, probably Starbucks which I drink but don't enjoy. Ziggi's is getting bigger and I like their coffee, dutch bros and black rock are my other 2 favorites here. It's not local but I really like Philz which I found in Chicago.

Today and tomorrow, I have to try to catch up on all the work meetings I rescheduled the last couple of weeks so it will be busy but not horrible. I think today starts early and ends late but tomorrow should be a reasonable wrap up time. I definitely need to get some pilates in too. There's a morning wake up session on my reformer program that I will do as soon as I finish my coffee.

I do not have a plan for food today, I have a ton of stuff in the freezer but not a lot in the fridge....I have eggs but I had eggs for breakfast several times this week and I'm over them. I'll be honest I was just excited that I had unopened and unexpired half and half in the fridge, I remember planning for that so yay past me!

Have a terrific jr. Friday everyone -- the weekend is in sight!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 2/22/24 7:33 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Home with a fresh container of half and half - bliss!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Sheila_H
on 2/22/24 7:44 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Mkess
on 2/22/24 7:43 am
VSG on 08/09/21

If you ever want Philz' ground coffee, I can pick it up and ship it to you. Let me know if you're interested.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Partlypollyanna
on 2/22/24 12:10 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh that is a wonderfully sweet offer! I did stock up the last time I was visiting my brother but I may take you up on that!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 2/22/24 7:44 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Welcome home.
I thought of cold foam in my coffee when you said you have half and half. Life is good.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Melody P.
on 2/22/24 3:24 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin y'all! Glad it is done with QJB but so so sorry you went through that at all. What a crock they are!

Not much going on today, we need to run to Walmart for my mom's prescriptions and a few groceries. I'm pretty sure that's about it. After getting home I'll probably clean on the bathroom downstairs. It just needs a good mopping and to really clean the toilet well. Not looking forward to it but at least it's not the same job as Saturday!

QOTD: I haven't bought any made for me coffee in YEARS. Dutch Bros and Starbucks are the most popular here for national chains. There is a few local places called Roasters and the other ones name escapes me. I wanted a Frappuccino for my birthday but it never happened.

B: eggs, cheese and crackers + coffee x2

L: ????

D: salmon and green beans or a salad

ladygodiva1228
on 2/22/24 4:40 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Happy Thursday!!! I have Verizon but have never had the issues you have had JB that's just crazy. I know you don't want to deal with them, but I sure the heck would not be paying an extra $100 for whatever made up reason they say. That's a bunch of BS.

So, I got all my bloodwork done on Monday for my appointment with the medical weight loss center this coming Monday. Not sure what it will entail, but I ready to get the ball rolling back in the right direction again.

QOTD: So, like JB in MA, Dunkin is very popular in CT, but there is a small local place that has about 8 stores in the NE CT area called The Bakers Dozen. They have very good coffee and donuts/muffins. A place that I try not to go to very often. They sell muffin tops as well as regular muffins, because we all know the tops are the best part.

B: Coffee, spinach and egg omelet

L: Chef Salad

D: Lamb Chops with brussel sprouts

Have a great day everyone.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Grim_Traveller
on 2/22/24 4:51 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning all. The cats and I just came out from under the bed. I don't know what was going on yesterday, but there was a big yelling match going on.

Seriously, the ineptitude of big business is astounding. I don't every want to hear about how poorly government is run. Because businesses are run like crap, by greedy morons.

I have my penultimate PT appointment in 10, so I need to run. Be chill, my friends.

This is actually what I look like when this happens to me.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
Recent Topics