Recent Posts

Jenny K.
on 2/15/24 4:09 pm, edited 2/15/24 8:10 am
RNY on 02/21/24
Topic: RE: What's on your Thursday Menu?

I forgot the QOTD!

My mother wanted to name me Tonia Aagot. Not Tonia like Tanya, Tonia like Toe-nya. I can't pronounce Aagot. My father put his foot down on that.

Then it was Jennie, after my mom's favorite little old lady from the nursing home she volunteered at in high school, and Marie because her middle name is Marie. But Jennie was spelled wrong on my birth certificate so I became Jenny rather than Jennie.

Little did my parents know that seemingly every girl child born in 1972 was named either Jennifer Marie or Jennifer Lynn lol...I was 15 I think before I realized people were talking to me when they called me Jennifer because there were SO MANY OF US. And since it wasn't my name expecting me to answer to it seemed absurd.

~Jenny

HW: 270 SW: 245 CW: 235 GW: 165

White Dove
on 2/15/24 3:55 pm - Warren, OH

Probably seen by little girls then *****membered it 20 years later and wanted it for a baby name.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

White Dove
on 2/15/24 3:50 pm - Warren, OH

It was in the 70's when people were naming their daughters Athena believing she was a goddess of love, when the actual legend was that she was a goddess of war. It was a short-lived fad around here for a few years. Because I was doing hair back then I ran into a lot of different people and heard a lot of baby names.

I had a brother-in-law who was named Franklin Roosevelt Meffe. I guess my in-laws really liked FDR.

Jenny K.
on 2/15/24 1:00 pm
RNY on 02/21/24

I too would like to join the cicadas!

Glad your mom's surgery went well. It's always hard when those we love go under the knife!

I have 1.5 work days left before my surgery so I'm frantically trying to make sure everything is done. Naturally my beloved colleagues have chosen today to send me all the nonsense! Lol! I actually had to send an email to 5 people, giving the ok to give my mail to my backup person and not just let it like up on my desk. Apparently her request to do so was insufficient for the government of the state of Oregon to continue moving forward without me I am not that big a deal, folks!!

Talked to my mom. My parents are planning a trip to Minnesota to visit my dad's cousin Roger. Cousin Roger has not been informed. What could possibly go wrong? Ha!

B - protein shake

S - protein shake

L - protein shake

S - protein shake

D - protein shake

S - protein shake

And 64 oz of non-carbonated, non-caffeinated, under 10 calories per serving thrown in there for funsies!

~Jenny

Jenny K.
on 2/15/24 12:44 pm
RNY on 02/21/24

You and my husband must be brothers lol! He is constantly traipsing along after me, shutting cabinets, closing doors, putting my clean laundry in conspicuous places so he can do his, closing the sunroof in my car...the list is endless!

He also came home with roses last Friday. 3 dozen. He fashioned them into what he called a "rose tower" and put them next to the tv. He had to ask me if I smelled roses THREE TIMES before I saw them lol!

I may have married the most patient man alive now that I think about it!

~Jenny

catwoman7
on 2/15/24 11:23 am
RNY on 06/03/15

just googled it. There was a movie called "Athena" in 1954 - maybe that was the source?

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 2/15/24 11:21 am
RNY on 06/03/15

oh - I didn't mean I didn't like the name - I just wasn't sure if/when it was popular (unlike Jennifer and Heather, which were hugely popular names in the 1970s). I don't think I've ever known anyone named Athena. You're about 10 years older than me, so maybe it's from the 50s? Was there a popular actress with that name or something? (sometimes names are popular because they were the names of famous people who lived during the time the kid was born)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

ericachristine
on 2/15/24 10:05 am
RNY on 12/04/23
Topic: RE: Constant Lump in throat

I hope so!! I can barely eat or drink it's so uncomfortable.

ericachristine
on 2/15/24 10:04 am
RNY on 12/04/23
Topic: RE: Constant Lump in throat

I'm going in on Monday and getting a stent put in. ??

White Dove
on 2/15/24 9:45 am - Warren, OH

Athena was a wonderful name and I knew several kids with name.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 430 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 364 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?