Recent Posts

pattyp
on 5/28/05 10:10 am - Loserland, GA
Topic: Summer Count Down
My time of year. Ok, where's everybody going? July South Carolina and Atlanta Just got back from the foothills of Idaho. Boy was the Salmon river flowing. Lot of road constuction, but beautiful country none the less. Peace Patty
Pegtrala
on 5/27/05 9:03 pm - Beaverton, OR
Topic: RE: Where Are the Travelers
Hi Patty. So nice to find this Travelers message board. I have been doing a bit of traveling since last fall. I went to the Phoenix/Scottsdale/Sedona, Arizona area last December with my DH and sister. Also visited southern Oregon where my in-laws live. Went to Las Vegas in early April with my sis and my daughter-in-law for my niece's wedding, followed by a trip to Albuquerque with DH and sis the end of April. We might go to Vancouver, BC in June or July with friends. Our family (DH, 2 sons, daughter-in law, her sister, and our 2 grandsons), are going to Sun River, Oregon the first part of August. We are going to celebrate my DH's 60th birthday (which was in Feb.) by riding bikes, canoeing, hiking, and BBQing. I'm also planning a trip with some girlfriends to Leavenworth, Washington....a darling Bavarian village, in late August. We're going to take a "stack and whack" class from a quilter. While we're there, we're also going to see an outdoor presentation of "The Sound of Music." My DH and I are planning a trip to Colorado from Oregon the end of September. Wow! That's a lot of traveling!! Can you tell that I just retired the end of August last year? Boy, am I making up for lost time! It is so much fun. Happy Trails! Peg
pattyp
on 5/14/05 11:24 pm - Loserland, GA
Me again, I meant to say 4-leaf clovers for the group. Patty
pattyp
on 5/14/05 11:20 pm - Loserland, GA
Ireland Julie!! That's sounds like a cool trip. Be sure to bring back a few 4-leaf for the folks on the Travel board. Congrats on the surg date. Patty
jlombardy
on 5/13/05 9:22 am - Uniontown, OH
Hi! I'm going to Ireland on October 22nd. I'm scheduled for surgery on June 23rd...I'm so excited!!! Julie L.
tavajo
on 5/13/05 3:18 am - APO AP, CA
Topic: RE: Too soon for Can Cun?
Thanks for your response. I already rescheduled. I am having surgery a day after I get back from Can Cun! ha ha
happylady_13
on 5/12/05 10:31 am - Honolulu, HI
Top answer your question- "Where are the travelers?" They are all out traveling!!!!! Victoria
schristmas
on 5/12/05 10:17 am - Kernersville, NC
Topic: RE: Too soon for Can Cun?
Tava, I was traveling our of town for the weekend before 14 days.....however, the most common time for complications is within 4 weeks. I was in the USA near Knoxville TN and near an ER. I have been to Cancun several times and I wouldnt want to have to go to the hospital there if I had problems after my RNY....the states yes....there, no. I would reconsider either my surgery date or vacation date. I am a Nurse Practitioner and I would not want my patient to travel out of the country that quick. Susan
(deactivated member)
on 5/10/05 5:02 am
Topic: RE: Going to VEGAS in July or September
We went before my surgery - July was HOT. I was miserable. I would probably enjoy it much better now. I find ordering a side of something (chili, soup, grits, etc) is easier for me. Let me know if I can ever help make any travel arrangements for you. Audrey Ralston Certified Travel Associate www.RalstonTravel.com
pattyp
on 5/7/05 11:45 am - Loserland, GA
Topic: RE: Going to VEGAS in July or September
Hey Linda, Vegas in July is cool, we got hiched there in July 01. Sharing meals at restaurants with table service shouldn't be a problem. Depending on your hotel a fridge/micr may be in the room. We were thinking of going in late Aug this year. Not sure which hotel just yet. Have a great trip. Patty
Most Active