Moving right along, but...

farewell2fat
on 12/12/10 10:05 am - Apopka, FL
Hi all..just checking in. Had my psych eval this Saturday..it was long, but went well. Now I'm just waiting on a call from the nurses for my eval w/them. I was told there are 6 spots left for Dec surgery, so hopefully I can be fit in**fingers crossed**. But I have a bit of added pressure to deal with, even though it's technically in regards to a very happy occasion. My younger sis just got engaged..which is WONDERFUL & I'm very happy for her! She asked me to be her Matron of Honor. Although I am honored & happy to do this for her, I am a bit nervous about how I'm going to look in the dress! I'm sure you women can relate, whenever there is a formal event where you have to get all dressed up, your insecurities kick in. I usually get nervous when I have to go out & buy a dress for an event such as this because I'm so self conscience about my weight. She picked out a gorgeous dress, but it's sleeveless (I usually don't do sleeveless!) & it's form fitting! Sooo, I went the other day to get fitted & oh my...I measured at a size 22!!! I'm usually a 16/18. I was crushed, but my sis said these type of dresses tend to run small. But she ordered me a size 20 because she knows I'm having surgery soon & will most likely lose weight. How much is the magic question!! And it can of course be made even smaller in the event I lose a significant amount. Her wedding is at the end of May. How much weight do you think one could feasably lose in approx 4 mos time???? I shouldn't let this bother me & just concentrate on surgery, but I can't help it! 

phred
on 12/12/10 10:11 am - CO
Probably 50 lbs, Carpe diem!

If it feels good, do it!  And if it smells good, eat it!

MsSonja
on 12/12/10 10:15 am - Kent, WA
Wow! A lot of excitement going on.  In four months, you could easily lose 40 pounds.  With desire, drive, committment, compliance, healthy eating and exercise, you could lose more... I lost 60.
~~ Ms. Sonja 

mimikay
on 12/12/10 10:16 am
Phred's said it! Easily 40-50 pounds and you've got added motivation! I've lost 54 and haven't been able to exercise. I started close to your weight. Better rethink that size 20!
  Kay       HW 219/SW 212/CW 134              
charmaine A.
on 12/12/10 10:17 am - MI
 hello there...i wouldnt worry about the dress size, first off my little sister wears a size six pants and at my wedding  she wore a 14.  It was strapless and form fitting.  I think they run smaller.  You are also going to lose weight before hand.  i would not worry about.  I got married 2 years ago and I was so worried about being a fat bride, and I picked out a dress that I thought was beautiful on me, and on that day I felt beautiful, even in a 28 dress.  Dont let it stress you out.  

Best of Luck, Charmaine

sleeve genie
on 12/12/10 10:17 am - Alhambra, CA
I have lost 65 lbs in just over 6 months,  from size 20/22 to 14s and 12s  and i'm a slow loser i think.  So chances are you will lose quite a bit,  how exciting for you.  Hope you get your date this month :o)
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Lionetta
on 12/12/10 10:48 am - AZ
You'll look wonderful! And I'd be nervous, too! But God bless your sister! My sister invited everyone except me to be in her wedding party because I didn't live close enough to try on the dresses. We promised each other as young girls that we'd stand up for each other and I kept my word, but she didn't keep hers. I was so crushed that I still haven't gotten over it. I was never a bridesmaid in any other wedding, so I'm just tickled for you that you get to be! Count your blessings and you will be altogether the most beautiful person in the room that day, sweetie!

HUGS!

HW: 335 SW: 279 GOAL: 150 ~ or less. 

Ashlee G.
on 12/12/10 11:01 am - CA
Having been in an organization that requires wearing formals at least once a week, I can vouch that they run small! I remember picking out my first dress pattern. I grabbed my usual size a 14 at age 13. After taking it home and cutting out all of the pieces, they just wouldn't fit! I took it back and insisted I had the wrong pattern did not match the envelope. The lady at the counter was super sweet and said on average they are 2-3  sizes smaller! WTF?! I don't know why, but they are!
karoola
on 12/12/10 11:12 am
VSG on 10/01/10 with
If you can, i would put off ordering the dress until the last minute.
I have not only lost weight, I haave lost inches in places I didn't think I would - not just all over.
I imagine you will be 40-60 pounds lighter and that's a lot of dress to take in.

Best wishes!!!

K J 

Liquid Diet       : 330 Day of Surgery : 302 - my scale Goal                   : 160
_rebecca
on 12/12/10 11:26 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with

I hope everything goes well and you can be a December sleever like me!  I agree that you should hold off buying the dress until the last possible moment.  The average for the sleeve is 10 pounds the first six months.  Good luck, my fingers are crossed for you, too!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views