Finally home from the hospital (x-post)

cindyls06
on 3/23/11 10:47 am - Marietta, GA
I had my surgery last week Wed 3/16/11 and I had complications so I wasn't able to come home until yesterday. The surgery itself went fine with no leaks. The problem was basically my bodies reaction to the surgery.

Did. not. like. it.

My stomach was swollen and it was impossible for me to keep any liquids down. Dr. Macik was great he came by to check on me every day and essentially told me that it would take about a week for the swelling to reduce and 1 week later I am home. It was quite an unpleasant experience and more than one time, I just wished I could have my old stomach back and be fat for the rest of my life.

The first couple of days in there were  kind of a blur at this point. But I do know at one point my blood pressure went down to 66/59 (due to dehydration) and then there were like a million people in my room and then I just remember waking up the next morning and my blood pressure was back to normal.

This kind of took a toll on my poor mother, who wound up going to the ER at the hospital 2x while she was looking after me because she was so busy taking care of me she wasn't taking care of herself. So my sister flew in and i sent my mom back to my house. It was a kind of blessing in disguise because there actually was a problem with my mom and she wouldn't have gotten it checked out or resolved right away if she wasn't already in the hospital and it likely would have caused more problems and she would be worse off.

Anyway so this was not an optimal experience and perhaps one day I will look back on this experience and say I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. But for now, I am just glad that is over.

-C

LynetteT
on 3/23/11 10:56 am - Gwinnett County, GA
So glad your at home Cindy.  Wishing you and your mom a speedy recovery.
HW:297-SW:278-CW-220-GW-150--http://www.youtube.com/user/sarahsmomma1

BJUpNorth
on 3/23/11 10:59 am - MN
Sorry that you had to deal with complications, but so glad you are home and on the mend.

I will be keeping you and your mother in my prayers. I am sure in a couple weeks you will be happier with your sleeve.

Take care,
Brenda
cindyls06
on 3/23/11 11:06 am - Marietta, GA
Thanks Lynette and Brenda. Much appreciated. 

Brenda, I am sure you are right. It is hard right now to imagine, but I am going to be patient and let my body recover. 

Thanks again!

Jenijeni
on 3/23/11 11:12 am
Cindy, sorry you had so many problems! Glad that you're home now and that your mom is being taken care of, too. Hope things are better from now on... Hope you love your decision to get a sleeve soon!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

cindyls06
on 3/23/11 11:21 am - Marietta, GA
Thanks Jeni, I appreciate that!!!  I hope so too!

mylastchance
on 3/23/11 11:23 am
I am happy you are home and it is behind you now.   You will be one of those who in a few months will be able to comfort someone who has a complication and to tell them it will be okay.  I pray this will all be a distant memory and you will forget the bad experience and enjoy the new you.  I hope we hear you say you would do it all over again in a heartbeat and be a great testimonial to this surgery. 
Get lots of rest,  do some sipping, walk and repeat often
My best to you and your mom and hope you are both on the mend and doing better.

Welcome to our world

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

cindyls06
on 3/23/11 11:33 am - Marietta, GA
MyLastChance - Thanks for your prayers. Honestly, I don't know what I would have done this week if I wasn't praying and didn't have people praying with and for me.

I am going to work on the rest, sipping, walking (repeat) :-)  Also keeping a good attitude.

Thanks again!

-C

sleeve genie
on 3/23/11 11:28 am - Alhambra, CA
I'm so sorry that you had such a  rough start but i'm sure the worst is behind you and you will be so glad you did this.    Just be very good to yourself and take it nice and easy.   Hoping you Mom is better soon too!  Congratulations and enjoy the new and improved you :o) Jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

cindyls06
on 3/23/11 11:37 am, edited 3/23/11 11:38 am - Marietta, GA
Thanks Jeani -

Thankss for your warm wishes. I did want to tell you that I have been on OH for a while and I am and have been so encouraged by jus****ching your ticker/progress and comments since your were Jeaniwantsasleeve (I am sure I messed that up a little bit). But anyway, I wanted to say thanks to you for that as well.

-C

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views