New VSGer here!

Elena22
on 3/29/11 5:13 am
Hi, I'm 3 weeks out today and down 29 lbs from my highest weight.  I feel pretty good so far so good, just trying to learn how to live with the sleeve.  I just started eating soft solids this week. My Dr.'s protein goal for me is 60 grams and work my way up to 80.  That sounds like a tall order right now.  I can barely get down a whole egg in 2 hours.  Fluids are easy, I do them well. 

I'm having esophagal spasms whenever I eat, and sometimes when I drink; and would like any advice from anyone that has dealt with this. 

Well, I look forward to getting to know a few sleeve ers out there! Thanks.
~ Elena.

Sunkissedsgrho
on 3/29/11 5:17 am - LA
Congrats on the progress!! I'm kinda confused... Did to have the VSG or the DS? Either way, congrats on the progress! Keep it up!
....just your classic story of an overweight beauty who's looking for a change!!         
Elena22
on 3/29/11 5:22 am

Thanks! lol, I have to change that under my profile pic don't I? I was scheduled to have the DS but due to last minute changes in my insurance, it wouldn't cover it.  So I chose to have the VSG and see how I do with it.  If I see that I really need the malabsorption, I'll revise to a DS later.  Thanks, nice to meet you.

~ Elena.

Sunkissedsgrho
on 3/29/11 5:31 am - LA
I think you'll do fine with the VSG! Look at what you've done so far in a matter of weeks! Just keep doing what you're doing, and you'll be just fine! Hoping to join you very soon on the loser's bench! Please keep us posted, and it was nice meeting you, too!

Amanda
....just your classic story of an overweight beauty who's looking for a change!!         
(deactivated member)
on 3/29/11 5:19 am
congrats to you on your sucsess so far.
didim62
on 3/29/11 7:39 am - Kensington, CT
Hi Elena....welcome....we're a week apart. It doesn't take me that long to eat and It makes me wonder. I do knw that warm goes down better than cold for me. I'm still on full liquids though. I would call the surgeon and ask about the spasms. Good luck and shout out anytime!!
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
BigCaliSmile
on 3/29/11 8:01 am - La Puente, CA
i had two small soft boiled eggs today and it was like heaven to me. I think I was able to get them down because they were warm makes sense. I had my surgery last tuesday, geez I will be so glad to get to week 3.
Jan in Cali,  5ft  Sw 224                       
HollyLaLa
on 3/29/11 7:43 am - NJ
VSG on 03/08/11 with
 Warm tea perhaps a half an hour before eating may help soothe you esophagus.  I have had success with poached eggs.  They are easy to make and pretty soft and slide down easy after chewing plus you don't need to cook them in any fat.  I am 3 weeks out today also.  I made some turkey chile last night and pureed it and it went down ok.  I used a little plain greek yogurt (in place of sour cream) on the chili and it was delish!  Good luck!

Nothing worth having comes easy.  Success comes with hard work and determination and sacrifice!   

ROCK ON!             
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views