10 month surgiversary and almost there!

PBJ
on 4/3/11 2:02 am
I can't believe that today it has been 10 months since I got my new start...my sleeve!!  It has been by far the VERY best thing that I have ever done for me!!  I feel like a new person!  I am 7.2 lbs away from my goal.  This morning I am 162,2 lbs and my goal is 155.....I am so close I can taste it.  The lbs have been coming off very slow these past few months but I am still working hard at it and I think my body is still changing because my clothes fit differently and people have really been commenting lately that I am looking much smaller when the scale hasn't really changed much..so go figure! I really do believe that sometimes when the scale doesn't change much..your body does.  I got some great advice from some veterens here the last few weeks and I have lost 3 lbs since then..so thank you!!  That advice was...drink TONS of water...so I have really increased my water intake. And the other was no carbs>  I would allow myself one a day  (I don't count the carbs in fruit..I just count carbs in bready stuff...like a tortilla..I don't do bread) .and I think both of those tips have helped me get the scale moving again in the right direction ..so thank you! 
Some of the positives since surgery for me:

normal BP now
no foot pain..I used to have hugh foot issues....none now!
migraine headaches are MUCH less!
more energy
I feel so much better about me!!

and the list goes on...so if you are thinking about doing this...do it!  It has changed my life! 
I am sorry that I don't have pictures to share but I don't know how to post them...I am hoping that Jenn will post one for me after the 4/30 get together  (Jenn will you??)
I also can't thank everyone here at OH enough..it has been a hugh support for me on this journey! 
OX
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
(deactivated member)
on 4/3/11 2:03 am - GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Whooot!!  way to go, girlie!! 
krazykat75
on 4/3/11 2:15 am
Congratulations...how exciting almost to goal, you should be so PROUD.  Thanks for sharing it is so inspirational.
 H.W 289   S.W 264.4 (lost 16 lbs on 1 wk Pre-op diet)  
sleeve genie
on 4/3/11 2:19 am - Alhambra, CA
 Yeah Patty,  you go girl.   I'm so proud of you.   You have been so good and all your hard work  has really paid off.   My surgery was  right before yours and so we have gone through this together.  I'm very proud of you,  you have done so well.    I can't wait until the get together- its gonna be so fun to meet you and all the other friends from here.   So Congratulations on a job well done xoxox Jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

_rebecca
on 4/3/11 2:23 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with
So motivating!  Great job!!!!
mylastchance
on 4/3/11 3:08 am
Good for you,  I am one day ahead of you and feel pretty much the same about the sleeve surgery.  Best adventure I've been through.  I have been going to increase my water intake and by what you have experienced I better try it.  I don't like water but I know it is essential to weight-loss.  I too have to cut some carbs,  I have let more in lately........so must squash that too.

Continued good losing to you and I'm really happy for you on your success. 

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

NewDawn50
on 4/3/11 3:21 am

its stories like yours that keep the rest of us chugging along!

Good for you!

LynetteT
on 4/3/11 3:26 am - Gwinnett County, GA
congrats
HW:297-SW:278-CW-220-GW-150--http://www.youtube.com/user/sarahsmomma1

Jennchap
on 4/3/11 4:10 am, edited 4/3/11 4:12 am - CA
CONGRATS!!!!!!
 Hey Girl!!!
I will post pic for sure girl!!!! You're doing so well, Im going to Dr. Wetters support group next month.. you have to get there some time girl! Did you make your goal with him or on your own? I told him my goal was 150 and he smiles patted my leg and said how about 140.. haha I was like uhhhhh. I couldn't make it to his support group yesterday and I was so bummed they had specialty plastic surgeons (bariatric) in from SF  giving advice for lose skin and ****… I wanted to go so bad.. damn baby showers! Im one pound away from being down 40 pounds!!! I was worried a lil cause I know that Dr. Wetter makes big sleeves and I wondered if it would be as quick but then Id check up on you and be like oh Pattys got this… so I have to just figure out what that girl does… and do it! You're in inspiration!!! I wanna be like you, cant wait to meet you!
Hugs
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

PBJ
on 4/3/11 11:34 am
Oh no Jenn, I didn't know that Dr. Wetter makes big sleeves!  how did you know that?  You know I think the difference in sizes of sleeves isn't that big.  I really am happy with my weight loss..yes it is slower than alot of people..it is hard to not compare to the ones that lose so fast!  but I am 48 years old and I do think that it is harder to lose then it was when I was in my 20's..so I am thrilled!  I actually set my weight goal with my primary MD.  I never really discussed it with Dr. Wetter.  I would be really happy at 155..I haven't been there since High school..I was never a 120 kind of girl.  I am so looking forward to the 30th and meeting everyone. 
It is so hard for me to go to those support groups since I work every other Sat and they usually fall on my day to work.  Are they good?
So please do tell me how you knowHe makes the sleeve big? did you ask him?  I never did.
OX
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views