I am TIRED of eating!

SleeveDivaNoire '11
on 4/5/11 4:51 am

For the last two days, especially today, I have NO desire to eat.  Not just a lack of appetite.  It is like an irritation to have to eat.  So far today, I managed to drink the bottle of Propel Zero grape water that I have been nursing since 6 AM.  I ate one of Eggface's breakfast sausage bites (or something like that).  That was by sheer force of will.

I know it won't last forever; but, I also know I need my proteins and fuids.  I have been in my kitchen getting cool/cold, and nauseated, as I stared in my fridge and freezer.  Yes, the thought of having to eat is nauseating me.  I went to the gym today and didn't even have my G2 Gatorade, couldn't tolerate having to drink it.

I'm not sick, don't feel bad at all.  I just seem to have an aversion to food and drink right now.  Eating is like a chore that I don't want to do today.  I know, somewhere in there, is the thought that eating anything will make me overeat and gain weight.  But, this feeling is extreme, isn't it?

I hope this doesn't sound too crazy and that someone in OHland has dealt with this before.  What can I do? 

Khem

AKA NotBaby_Fat
Ht 5'6"/HBMI: 50.8 /CBMI: 37.1
HW 315/SW 299.9/CW 230/GW 160

Brenda L.
on 4/5/11 5:04 am - Raleigh, NC
Since my surgery I lost the desire to eat! I saw my NUT yesterday and she said that is normal for some people. I have to make myself eat and drink these days!
The only problem is I really have to remember to eat.
  Brendini                                                              
SleeveDivaNoire '11
on 4/5/11 5:17 am
Maybe that is all it is, in an extreme way!  I can't tolerate the shakes today.  Some days I think I am developing a lactose intolerance; some days I have no problem.  On the other hand, I don't like sweets/junk foods like I used to.  So, whenever I feel this way, the shakes seem to taste sweeter than usual, and I don't want them (can't tolerate them).  My sysem is crazy sometimes...and unpredictable.  I don't know what to do.

Khem
AKA NotBaby_Fat

Lina P.
on 4/5/11 5:08 am - Bolton, Canada
I tend not too worry too much about the days that I can't or have no will to eat because I know that there are just as many days where I'll be eating more than I should.

I think it has to do with hormonal issues as well. Just before a period, I tend to eat more. Right after, I tend to eat less.

It all balances itself out really so try not to be so hard on yourself.
Height: 5 ft - Age: 42
Bougie size: 36 oversewn to 34  
 CW: 135 lbs
Happy in the 130's but... On to my second goal!

SleeveDivaNoire '11
on 4/5/11 5:20 am
That's the shocker for me.  My period just started, and I didn't even crave chocolate.  Not even the ravenous hunger that precedes it. 

But you're right.  I shouldn't worry about; it will balance out in the end.  Thanks.
AKA NotBaby_Fat

Jennchap
on 4/5/11 5:51 am - CA
 I feel the same way… I just don't have the desire to eat at all. I don't feel sick when thinking about food, just have no interest. If the kids are eating something good and its not horribly unhealthy Ill have a bite but just one cause theres no draw. 
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

Kelleybell122
on 4/5/11 5:53 am - Powell, OH
Yup. I have days like that too, but have learned that if I don't get enough food and water I feel really yucky.

wert
on 4/5/11 6:05 am - MN
Me, too! I'm sick and tired of eating. Can't seem to make myself eat today. I think I'll just try to get in my water and forget about the rest. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/11 6:44 am

I am having to set an alarm on my phone for about every 2hrs in order to remember to eat or drink.  Just like you since my surgery I have gone a few days without feeling hungry.

SleeveDivaNoire '11
on 4/5/11 7:10 am
Thanks for all the responses.  At least I know I am not alone, nor am I becoming a mental case!  I am trying to force down water; but shakes are a no-no today.  I've gotta catch up now because I have only had that one bottle today.
AKA NotBaby_Fat

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 58 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 58 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 234 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op