preop- just told one of my friends- ouch

myturn1
on 4/17/11 2:01 pm
I'm an RN, just told a close friend about my plan for sleeve.  She almost cried!  Says she'll support whatever I choose, but was trying to talk me into just one more diet plan with her.  She's worried about surgical risks and a non-reversible procedure.  I 'm sure about my decision.  She also wants to know if I spoke to anyone who was sorry they had had the procedure.  Is there anybody out there who has regrets?  Any big complications? 
MediumSoon
on 4/17/11 2:04 pm - TX
Nope. Not me. Best thing I EVER did for myself...

Jeep1974
on 4/17/11 2:04 pm - MI
No regrets here.

It was a great day when I realized I was getting off the "which diet plan is next?" merry go round.

I bet I would have the 17 day diet and hcg diet stuff by now and would be ten lbs heavier.

Shannon M.
on 4/17/11 2:07 pm - CA
Best thing I have ever done for myself.... just remember opinions are like @ssoles-everyone has one!  LOL  Good Luck!

countrygolden
on 4/17/11 2:09 pm - Amboy, WA
There have been a few people on this forum with complications but many more who have had nothing but a positive experience. It is major surgery so there are risks involved. But, for me, the risks of obesity far outweighed the risks of the surgery.  I don't really see many on here who are sorry about the procedure in the long term. The first month or so can be very diffcult and some do question their decision when they are trying to learn how to eat with their new tummy. But, for the most part, most peole say the only thing they are sorry about is that they didn't do it sooner...and that is my feeling as well. I've yo-yo dieted for so many years and ended up at my highest weight ever. I now feel I have control and I will succeed. Good luck on your decision. Don't let others keep you from doing what you know you need to do.

Starting Weight-228.6, SW-221.4, CW-173 GW-125
sleeve genie
on 4/17/11 2:30 pm - Alhambra, CA
No regrets, no complications, best thing i ever did,  This is your life and your decision.  I hope you do what is best for you    good luck :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Pattie_M
on 4/17/11 2:33 pm - TX

I must say that I do have one huge regret and that would be that I didn't have this surgery years ago. 

BUT, I gotta say I feel like a young girl again and have never been happier or healthier!!! Best decision I ever made and money well spent.

Go for it!!

Pattie

blkopal6
on 4/17/11 2:54 pm - San Diego, CA
Non... Zip... Nada... NO regrets... Why did I wait so long! I am very pleased!  Best wishes to you!
Kristy

myturn1
on 4/17/11 2:58 pm
Thanks everyone!  I love this group. 
BiggieB
on 4/17/11 3:23 pm - Canada
 It was the best thing Ive ever done for myself.My sister who is also a RN said the possibility of complications are far less with the sleeve than with open heart surgery or diabetes or something else that I would definitely have to go through if I didn't lose my weight .I still have a ways to go but I am 2 months into this and I love it.I am having a hard time keeping up with new cloths though...Not a bad problem to have.

Good luck in your decision.

Biggie B(Slim)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views