They didn't operate on my head, LOL....

KathyA999
on 4/19/11 11:06 am
...which switches into pre-sleeve mode in a hot second!  Most recent example:  I'm having a colonoscopy coming up, so had my pre-procedure appointment today and got the prep instructions.  Because of my sleeve, I'm getting what the doc called the "delicate flower" instructions - two days of prep instead of one.  One day is full liquids, the next day is clear liquids (boy does that sound familiar!), with the usual colon-cleansing stuff.

And what is on the full-liquids list?  ICE CREAM!  Now, I haven't had ice cream since my surgery, it's one of my trigger foods.  But right away, my head is thinking, "... wow, ice cream!  so I could pick up a pint or two of Haagen Dasz, and it won't affect my weight loss because I'll be doing nothing but clear liquids the next day, and then the day after THAT is the procedure, and I'll be sleepy and won't want to eat much when I get home, holy **** it's a freebie!...."   OMG, scheming and planning, and thinkin and hopin.  And THAT's how my head goes.  I have to be SO vigilant sometimes, LOL! 

And no, no ice cream during the prep phase.

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

Suane
on 4/19/11 11:41 am - Livingston County, MI
Kathy, you are so hilarious! And strong willed. Good for you.

Always the best wishes, Sue 

HW: 261   SW: 248.5   CW: 154  GW: 135     5' 2"

Pensgal
on 4/19/11 12:18 pm
HEHEHEHEHE.  THanks for that!!  I would have thought the same thing!!!
Pensgal    
_aprilh_
on 4/19/11 12:32 pm - OK
I understand completely where you are! I really wish they had done surgery on my head. I went to the grocery after work and I found myself thinking about buying something to eat on my way home even though my mom had fixed supper already. I didn't buy anything. I realized just how serious my addiction to food really is. It scared me.
"I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me!"
 April ~ 39y/o, 6'0", HW 292, SW 268.4, CW 188, BMI 26.7

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 100 views