5 mos. (-4 days) out and down 118 lbs. - here's how

johnbertak
on 4/18/11 9:51 pm - MD
I'm so glad to see that more sleevers are paying attention to what I've been saying has worked for me all along -- starving yourself does not help much with the weight loss.  I believed my dietitian and did not try to "starve" myself - I eat every 4 hours - 4 mini-meals per day - I don't force the food, but b/c I'm so much more active now, I'm "hungry" at meal-time.

I have eaten 1100-1200 cal. every day since getting on solid foods - and I exercise enough to burn 500 calories every day (this is my biggest "trick" - no days off, ever)  So, my big ol' "fatty" metabolism gets moving, burning, churning and guess what?  The machine burns the fuel, needs more and burns the fat - steadily, w/ rarely a plateau, and weight comes off.  And, one of the best compliments I hear is when people say "you look great - and you don't look gaunt, or starved the way some do after large weight loss."  I'll update my ticker tomorrow (my official weigh-in day) but as of this a.m., I'm down 118 lbs. @ 5 mo. (-4days) post-op.  I never dreamed it would be that much, that fast.   

If I'm a little (or a lot) preachy today, it's b/c this is working so well for me and I want to share the good news. And, as perhaps the "senior" sleever here, at 65, I feel a wee bit of an urge to try to take care of you "young'ns."  No magic formula, just hard work and sleevie doin' his part; still a ways to go, but we'll get there, me 'n sleevie.  
Pop-Pop

lucy2e
on 4/18/11 9:58 pm - Laurel, MD
Wow - tremendous loss!  Great info - thanks for sharing with us newbies!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Karey S.
on 4/18/11 10:11 pm - MD
 Great job and great advice!  My Dr also says that he sees the best results with people who exercise regularly. 
shrinkydink1
on 4/18/11 10:37 pm
That is awesome for you and great news for the rest of us. Thanks for sharing!!
cattywompos
on 4/18/11 10:45 pm
way to go Pop-Pop!!  Keep up the great work!!
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

meloppie
on 4/18/11 11:10 pm - Calgary , Canada
Hey Pop-Pop:

Congratulations on doing so well! 

To be fair, as a guy you're going to loose weight faster then us chick-lets. Drives me crazy hubby can loose ten pounds in a week by cutting out the chips. 

Having said that I totally agree with your method.  I'll be getting my sleeve in Sept (can't wait), but I totally plan on trying to settle my calories at around 1,000 to 1,100.  From what I've been reading going too low just makes you tired and low energy and of course we all know what happens with too many calories.  I tell my patients, when they ask, that YES you need to exercise.  It is the closest thing we know of to a foutain of youth.  If nothing else walk to do leg lifts while you sit at the desk or couch.

Good Job and keep on sharing!

Sunkissedsgrho
on 4/18/11 11:29 pm - LA
Thanks for the tips, Pop-Pop!  I will use them wisely!
....just your classic story of an overweight beauty who's looking for a change!!         
sun_shyne39
on 4/18/11 11:44 pm - NJ
Pop-Pop thanks for the words of encouragement.  I will be getting sleeved on May 9th and I can't tell you how excited I am to begin the new journey.  You did absolutely awesome...you lean mean losing machine you LOL.  Congratulations to all your hard work and success:)
sun_shyne39      
USAF Wife
on 4/18/11 11:49 pm
Pop soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing, thanks for sharing what's working for you ! ! !
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Melanie B.
on 4/19/11 12:03 am - Medford, NJ
Nice job Pop Pop! Youre the man!!
I am 26, 5'9" and had VSG 11/8/10.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 266 views