I was a bad girl and paid for it...

koverturf
on 4/22/11 4:25 am, edited 4/22/11 4:28 am - CA
Last night I ate 10 jelly beans and got a killer sugar rush and felt horrible so I went to bed. About an hour later I woke up choking and gagging, felt like I needed to be sick but it didn't come to pass. I think I will never cheat again!

This is my confession for this Good Friday!

MN_Mama
on 4/22/11 4:42 am
Don't know if it was all sugar, or if the consistency got you backed up too, but Jelly Belly makes some wonderful, sugar free jelly beans.  They taste just like the regular ones.  Just be careful of getting stopped up, and since they use the malitol sweetener, too many may have an adverse effect on you a day later.
Feel better, and Happy (and healthy) Easter.

difrnt8
on 4/22/11 5:01 am - SIlver Spring, MD
VSG on 04/04/11 with

Yeah, jelly beans would need to be really well chewed so as not to block things once in.  And I don't know about you, but Malitol sweetened foods give me gas and the runs,  I couldn't drink the protein shakes made with it that the hospital gave me.  Much prefer sucralose or other sweeteners without "itol" on the end,  Hope it gets better soon.

I ate a few small bites of something sweet last night and was worried I was paying for it today.  2 1/2 weeks post op and feeling very woozy today. 

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!   
armywifen00
on 4/22/11 5:21 am - OK
 Oh Jelly Bean, Oh Jelly Bean.....Oh how I long to taste you........
I have to say that the beloved Easter treat known as the Jelly Bean is 
MY ALLTIME FAV!!!!! 
It was funny for me to read this today b/c a few hours ago I was sitting at the table filling
plastic eggs with....you guessed it...jelly beans!! 
Despite the little jelly bean devil sitting on my shoulder telling me to "just lick it!", I 
was able to control myself.....I didn't even give the bag a nice deep smell! :P LOL!!

Hang in there!

Have a blessed Easter weekend!

didim62
on 4/22/11 5:52 am - Kensington, CT
It's way too early to even think about JELLY BEANS. I know everyone's diet is different . I am still on thick pureed and just getting into introducing SOFT foods. Please be careful! Enjoy your Easter!
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
Jenijeni
on 4/22/11 6:15 am
My confession: I ate two small bites of flan today at lunch with my friend! I didn't get sick, but I felt pretty guilty!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

SassyItalian
on 4/22/11 6:25 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
Whew, I thought you were telling us you paid for sex!

Wink

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 78 views