Anybody change their goal weight?

Candy S.
on 4/25/11 2:52 am - Elgin, SC
I am seriously considering changing my goal weight from 125 to 135.  I am 5'2 and 147 right now and I feel really good.  For me, 136 is "normal" weight.  I don't want to get too small where I look sick.  I want to solidly be in an 8 (maybe even a 6).  I hover between an 8 and a 10 right now.  It depends on the brand.  Has anyone else changed their goal weight? If so, why?  Thanks!
felicity2u
on 4/25/11 3:35 am - LA

I don't think that neccessarily that there is a true "goal weight". I put mine as 175 but cannot for the life of me ever remember being that size, so who's to say that at that size, I may be feeling great and I may not or I may be in the size clothes I want to be and I may not.  I think it is a learn as you go kinda thing.  I know that I have 175 as my goal weight but heck if I'm on a roll and I feel great, maybe I'll go for 160.  I think it's just something to aim for and only you will know when you are where you want to be.  Keep rockin' that sleeve! You are doing amazing!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

mylastchance
on 4/25/11 3:43 am
I am 3.5 lbs from the goal I set in the beginning of my journey.  I have been thinking about changing it to a lower weight but I feel good now,  but according to the charts, (not that they know it all) I am still in the overweight category....CRAZY!!!!   So when I do get to my goal I will then decide,  I have been thinking of having some play room.....a few lbs to go between and still be within my goal ????  Not sure though really.
I am 5'1.5 and 135.5 and I wear anywhere between 4-12 depending on brand,  that is CRAZY too. Jeans.... Kohl's Sonoma...Petite 4........Levis 12.........weird stuff.  Tops between Med. and Lg again depends on brands.
Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.......... 

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

JustLora
on 4/25/11 4:09 am - Omaha, NE
My doctor's goal wt for me was 150 lbs. I though that was to high before surgery, but he said he did not want me to go as low as 137 lbs. When I got down to 155 lbs I liked the way I looked and how clothes fit me (Size mediums and 10's). I did meet his goal at almost 11 months and went on to lose all the way to 144 lbs. I would like to stay right where I am. I do bounce around between 144-147 depending on the TOM and all that jazz of being a woman.

Also, the last time my wt was 137 lbs I was in my 20's. Now I'm in my 40's. With the last few pounds my boobs completely deflated. So, I guess those last few pounds I lost were my boobies!

Good Luck!
Lora

SW 235/GW 150/CW 140   I'm 5'6" 

Seelessofme22
on 4/25/11 4:47 am - MD

I recently changed mine to 190, a weight that I think I will feel more comfortable, based on learning some history about the BMI Scale.

BMI History

It was invented between 1830 and 1850. While the formula dates to the 19th century, the new term "body mass index" for the ratio and its popularity date to a paper published in the July edition of 1972 in the Journal of Chronic Diseases by Ancel Keys.  BMI was explicitly cited by Keys as being appropriate for population studies, and inappropriate for individual diagnosis. Nevertheless, due to its simplicity, it came to be widely used for individual diagnosis, despite its inappropriateness.

BMI has become controversial because many people, including physicians, have come to rely on its apparent numerical authority for medical diagnosis, but that was never the BMI's purpose; it is meant to be used as a simple means of classifying sedentary (physically inactive) individuals with an average body composition.

Follow me on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/seelessofme22
HW - 311; SW - 296; CW - 191; 1st GW - 190; 2nd GW - 180?

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success." 
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 5:24 am
I set my goal at the lowest weight I ever attained doing the diet & exercise routine years ago.. granted, I maintained that weight for oh, maybe a day before I gained to 168-170 where I stayed for a while.. I will likely end up revising lower, but will not know until I get there. When I was at 155, I was still comfortably in size 12 dress pants, 14 in some jeans..  It's just a number, so I will likely call it game when I feel comfy, or my body may do it for me!
jimbovsg
on 4/25/11 5:42 am
Yes I'm on like revised goal # 3  Originally my surgeon and I thought....hey if i can get to 300lbs  that would be great! (losing 280lbs) .......did that....then next was how about halving yourself (290lbs)....did that....then how about losing 300lbs!  did that....now I think......if i get to 250lbs  I'll be good....but i guess it will be a "wait and see"  situation!  It is a pretty cool problem to have.

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

Suane
on 4/25/11 6:15 am - Livingston County, MI
I just made up a goal in the beginning and last week asked my surgeon what weight I should be shooting for? He said I'll know it when I get there. He said that for my age (56), I shouldn't be going by any charts. Those are set by insurance companies and have little to do with feeling good in your own skin.

And yes, I have changed my goal too. I did get down to 125 twenty years ago and looked like crap. I upped it to 142 and was the same size (because of exercise) and felt and looked so much better.

I just hope I'll know it when I get there!  You are doing and looking so good. Thanks for the pictures for inspiration.

Always the best wishes, Sue 

HW: 261   SW: 248.5   CW: 154  GW: 135     5' 2"

KathyA999
on 4/25/11 7:35 am
I changed my goal recently.  Originally I set it at 141, 100 lbs down from surgery weight - and a weight I couldn't actually imagine achieving but would love to hit, for once as an adult.  But now that I'm in the 160s, and feeling pretty good in my clothes and my skin, I revised to 155.  The lowest I ever achieved was 159, and I looked pretty healthy, felt good, not too thin, not fat.  So I pegged my goal at the middle of the 150s.

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

lann08
on 4/26/11 2:06 am - VA
I'm 5'5. I revised mine...several times. My original goal was 150. I reached that and made a new goal of 140. Reached that and then chose 135...130, and then 125. I ultimately dropped down to 116 which is WAY too low for me. I looked gaunt and skeletal. I actually looked older. I purposefully gained back up to 125. I allow myself a window of 125-130 but it's been months since I've been up to 130. I easily maintain 123-127. I wear size 2 or 4. Looking at pics, I think I look better around 140. However, it's a psychological thing for me. I absolutely know that for now, the idea of weighing 140 scares me a great deal. In the beginning, all I wanted was to reach size 10. I honestly didn't think it would happen. Blows my mind when I think that I'm a 2/4. Never thought I could be THIS small. You may be surprised at the weight your body finally settles at.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 383 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 418 views