NSV - No more "pulling a Wendy" moments

Pixie-Power
on 4/27/11 6:16 am - Los Angeles, CA
Okay, prior to surgery, between being short, fat and having a really big chest (44 DDD), I just couldn't manage getting close to a dining table to eat, so invariably, almost every time I ate, and no matter how careful I tried to be, I'd spill something on my chest.  My husband and friends referred to it as "pulling a Wendy."  

Well, now six months post op and 70 pounds lighter, I realized this weekend (with the help of my husband and friends) that I no longer have a problem positioning myself over the plate of food, and that I haven't "pulled a Wendy" in months!  

P.S.  If you haven't figured it out, my name is Wendy.

age: 53   5'1" tall   HW=231  SW=216  CW=139.8  GW=130         

BigCaliSmile
on 4/27/11 6:21 am - La Puente, CA
boy can I relate! Im curious to know did you go down alot in bra sizes too with that type of weight loss? BTW I wondered if there was a wendys commericial they were referring too initally thanks for clearing that up for me..
Jan in Cali,  5ft  Sw 224                       
Pixie-Power
on 4/27/11 12:38 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Thanks.  Yeah, my bra size is now 38D.  Still big given I'm only 5'1", but I come from a long line of big-chested women, so I don't think it'll get much smaller!

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/11 6:21 am, edited 4/27/11 6:21 am
My tummy stuck out further than my chest so that's where the food landed for me!  LOL!!
That problem has corrected itself.  I am so glad... it is nice that my chest FINALLY sticks out further than my belly!!!

Congrats on a funny nsv!!!!!!  Thanks for the giggles!
Pixie-Power
on 4/27/11 12:40 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Funny the things we've come to enjoy with our smaller sizes, huh?  Keep accentuating your positives!  

USAF Wife
on 4/27/11 6:37 am
Soooo awesome ! ! !

I remember that food would bounce down my boobs, onto my couple of fat rolls and skip down to my lap like a flat rock does on a still lake when kids are off skipping rocks. . . I wore White very seldom for this specific reason. Now, I own more white than I care to count LOL.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Pixie-Power
on 4/27/11 12:43 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Gosh, can I relate to that!  I mostly wore black and brown myself (especially if I had to go to court, or I wouldn't eat until my court day was over) (I'm an attorney).  BTW  I really find your posts inspiring! 

cattywompos
on 4/27/11 6:52 am
Oh my gosh I can sooo relate!  Come to think of it, I haven't been spilling on my boobs as much lately. Could be the food I am eating, I mean hard to spill a bite of meat or could be the fact that I don't have to hover over my plate anymore. One more thing...booths don't scare me anymore!  I realized that this weekend when my hubby and I went out to eat. Used to be that when the hostess steered us toward a booth I would do a quick check to see how much clearance there was and if I felt it was gonna be a tight squeeze i would tell her we'd rather have a table.  This weekend, never gave it a second thought :)
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Pixie-Power
on 4/27/11 12:45 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Hee hee.  So understand that checking out the booth thing!  We gotta keep those NSVs a-coming?!?!

MTH
on 4/27/11 7:16 am
Doing laundry is alot easier now, I dont have any stains on the boob area of  my shirts!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views