anybody ad the duodenal switch with or after their vsg?

Readyforafreshstart
on 4/29/11 1:03 am
I was discussing this procedure with someone the other day, and was relatively unsure what it was till I did some research. They asked if my surgeon offered me the option to do the DS with my VSG. Anyone out there done this? Its too late for me cuz I had my surgery 1/11/10, not even sure its something I wouldve been interested in anyway.....just curious about it.
~SHERILL

G
A
INING LIFE one day at a time!!!!!
jimbovsg
on 4/29/11 1:09 am
All the DSers had it W/ and some after.......might want to ask on the DS board. 

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

cattywompos
on 4/29/11 2:17 am
Surprised that wasn't an option discussed with your doctor. My doc's office explained all the procedures to me before I decided. I agree with Jimbo, I would head over to the DS board, they would be the most knowledgable.
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Mommy2Girls
on 4/29/11 2:38 am
My intial research on the sleeve (a year ago) showed that originally, the Sleeve was used as part of the DS, whereby a super-morbidly-obese person would have the Sleeve, then lose about 200+ or so pounds, and come back later to have the DS done. So I am pretty confident when I say that they BOTH do not have to be done in the same surgery.

The fact that this was originally part of a 2-step surgery, actually helped gain strength for the Sleeve to become a stand-alone procedure. When the people who were planning on having a DS would come back after losing a significant amount of weight, a lot of them said "thanks, don't need the other part (of the surgery ...the DS)" and thus the Sleeve gained some popularity by itself.

But I do agree you will get much more information by posting this on the DS board...
-8lbs lost during the 6 month insurance hoop jumping,
the rest is since surgery.

Preciousme
on 4/29/11 9:40 am
Not sure, but I was resleeved from alomost 3 years ago,
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views