I love smoked chicken....and brisket...and ribs...and sausage....

Jasonm11
on 4/30/11 5:10 am
So today is the first time I am smoking meats since surgery.  I'm somewhat 'known' by family and friends for my bbq.  Dry rub no sauce of course.  I was going to cook two brisket and 3 racks of ribs which all in all cooks for about 16 hours.  About an hour before lunch time I decided I needed to add some chicken so I could have some for lunch.

OMG that was the best chicken I've ever tasted....literally melted in my mouth....extremely juicy...full of hickory and pecan smoked flavor and my home made dry rub...of course when I smoke chicken it is always like that, but being that it was the first time since surgery...oh man was it great....delicious and nutricious...tastes just like chicken....took me a good hour but I ate the whole leg and about a third of the breast....pulled the rest off the bone and I'll knaw on it for lunch tomorrow....tonight for the UFC fight I'll knaw on a rib and eat some brisket

Don't worry, my brisket is nothing like that crap you buy in a tub, precooked or even at your local bbq joint....it as well melts in your mouth and falls to pieces....the last competition I was in I was told it was overcooked since it didn't 'hold together' but it is just the way I like it....and of course again, NO SAUCE....and no sugar in my dry rub so no added carbs....good stuff....can't wait...another couple hours and it'll be ready...

HW(2-19-11) - 375    SW(3-9-11) - 362.5    CW - 204    GW - 220
Reached 100 pounds lost from highest weight at 3.5 months post-op!!!
Reached 100 pounds lost since surgery weight at 4.75 months post-op!!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/30/11 5:16 am
Ok, that is mean to all us folks still in the liquids/pureed stage! 

Seriously, sounds great! I love, love, love brisket & ribs cooked till they are fall apart tender (a little chew on the ribs is preferred, but brisket, mmm.)

I look forward to the day. I am a meat lover to the core. No rolls, no potatoes, just give me the meat, the coleslaw & the smoked green beans!
Jasonm11
on 4/30/11 5:27 am
I have as well been one who avoids everything else but the protein...so this has been easier for me.  I'm just focusing more on lean meats more than ever as well as proper portion control.  It was nothing for me to have a 18 ounce ribeye.  Now I am eating no more than 2-3 oz of meat at any given time and feeling completely satisfied.  Although I did find the other night that mushrooms can apparently fall into a bottomless pit in my tummy.  I ate probably 8 mushrooms and could have gone for me....

But yea, I haven't had rolls or potatos or really any other carbs with meals since surgery.  I'm trying to eat a bite or two of 'good' veggies with meals but I'm not doing to good with it....

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/11 5:26 am
You live here in Texas don't you???  I want to come over and help you eat those good eats!!!  Jealous!!!!!!

Yep...I recognize Texas BBQ, and I know exactly what you mean by it!!  YUMMY!
Jasonm11
on 4/30/11 5:30 am
Come on over....theres definatly plenty since I was always the heavy eater....and now I'm a lightweight lol

That and I'm cooking for about 10 people but we're gonna end up with only 5....

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/11 5:33 am
Where are you?  I'm outside of San Antonio. LOL.....I really would show up!
Jasonm11
on 4/30/11 6:10 am
Prolly a bit too far lol....down by Beaumont....although I almost drove to San Antonio this morning to pick up a truck I was looking at buying....although now that I think about it....my wife is in Austin this weekend...I could have had her just swing by and pick it up...hmmm...might wanna call them back...

phred
on 4/30/11 5:34 am - CO
Seeking smoky-sweet meat and a brew,
Tasty pork chops and short ribs to chew?
Take this road for a spell,
And prepare to eat well,
At an ALL U CAN EAT BBQ!

If it feels good, do it!  And if it smells good, eat it!

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/11 6:14 am
Yep....to far...I'll have to settle for some Brisket and ribs from Smokey Mo's....which is and awesome second!
PaulaS
on 4/30/11 6:26 am - TX
I loved Smokey Mo's!!!  
We stopped by there a year or so ago and even brought back a bottle of their sauce!    Yum!

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 276 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views