My fellow WLS community

musclefat2k
on 5/1/11 2:57 am - Rosharon, TX
Just had my 9 month post op checkup with my surgeon and it was an experience to say the least. First of all, they wanted to take a picture of me and I questioned it's validity because they didnt take one of me when I first went in for a consultation. Wow, was I surprised. How in the world did I not remember they took a picture of me???? They did and they had it right there in my record. Seeing that pic and getting a copy of it brought me to tears. Tears of joy, tears of frustration, tears of appreciation of the people in my life before I lost 170lbs...... This thing is a life changing, eye-opening experience. While in Dallas, TX where I had my surgery, I met up with a friend of mine who i am so honored to call friend and we had lunch together. Seeing her and knowing a bit about her journey just made our bond in my mind so much tighter. Because still going through the mental ups and downs as well as the hunger pangs of information about our lifestyle, it just ties us together in a way very similar to a fraternal, sisterly, or sibbling bond. I am so thankful for everyone that I have met, will meet, or never said a word to but stalked their profiles in lew of information. We have this thing in common. We have been so blessed to have been pushed for whatever reason to give this thing to ourselves. It's just a moment of humility for me. May each of your journeys be blessed.

JT
Lets Get It!
thebadest
on 5/1/11 3:11 am - Houston, TX
Nice post. Keep up the good work. May your journey continue to be blessed.

***Getting to Goal Challenge: -13.9/22.7 July 29th surgiversary**
Trina//SW:270/CW:172.7/GW:150

Jenijeni
on 5/1/11 3:18 am
Congratulations, JT! You are doing an amazing job!! You're right, this is a bonding experience, too!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

Dawnie 88
on 5/1/11 3:19 am
What a great post.  This journey has definitely been life changing for me as well.  What a ride!

MikeyMike
on 5/1/11 3:30 am - New York, NY
Thanks for sharing...Congrats!!!

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

Monica W.
on 5/1/11 3:37 am - TX
I would like to say that i can not wait to feel all of the joy you are experiencing. I'm keeping the faith my day is coming soon . I would like to add the individuals that were in your life prior to your life changing WLS were there because of the person you are not the way you looked, and those are what we call real friends. This thing we carry around is merely a shell. You must have a great attitude and personality and that is what draws REAL friends.  Keep up the good work... You look great!!!!!!

Southernsleever
on 5/1/11 3:55 am
Great post JT!

5'6" Start-276 Goal-150  Weight loss   Preop=5  Month 1=25  Month 2=10  Month 3=14  Month 4=3 Month 5=7  Month 6=9 Month 7=7 Month 8=Month 9=9 Month 10=7 Month 11=5 Month 12=5 Month 13=3 Month 14=4    

vjb1952
on 5/1/11 5:08 am - Littlerock, CA
VSG on 03/28/11 with
Thanks for a great post, JT...I can tell you have written from your  and you are absolutely right about that fraternal-like bond we all share.  To me, this whole experience has been a 2nd chance at life.  I am thankful for the minds who came up with the concept of surgery for weight loss, and the hands of the surgeons who so skillfully bring us through the process.  This has truly been a blessing.

BTW, congratulations on your results, as well...that is a remarkable loss!  Best wishes,  Viv 

vjb1952

musclefat2k
on 5/1/11 6:32 am - Rosharon, TX
@Thebadest, Thanks! Always nice to see folks from my hometown!
@Jenijeni, Thanks!
@Dawnie 88, Thanks! It is definately a ride!
@MikeyMike, Congratulations on your journey as well. That has to feel awesome!
@Monica W., The one thing I can say is that i've been trying to do "something" for years as well as the more traditional methods, & when it's the right time for "YOU" everything will just fall in to place in the right time that it is for you. Good Luck and keep us posted on the goings on!
@Southernsleever, Thanks, looks like we were sleeved about a month or so apart, Way to go on your progress and good luck with reaching your goal. Your ALMOST THERE!!!
@VJB1952, Thanks! it did come from the heart.There are a couple people locally who have reached out to me after they just noticed some of my changes and while still kinda dealing with my own self perception issues, I feel like I cant turn my back on them by being selfish and keeping information to myself or trying to continue to be secretive. I just hope that I can be the blessing that they need in time for them to get this same chance that I have been allowed to give myself. But when i see the success stories of other before me, I think about everything that i'm going thru physically and mentally and I think to myself wow, they had to go through the same thing and it makes you feel not so alone in this. It's just been a humbling experience..
Lets Get It!
LynetteT
on 5/1/11 9:56 am - Gwinnett County, GA
Congrats!!
HW:297-SW:278-CW-220-GW-150--http://www.youtube.com/user/sarahsmomma1

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question