Pop-Pop's report on ***** Cana - NSV's galore!

johnbertak
on 5/1/11 12:50 am - MD
Wifey and I are back from a week of sun, beautiful beaches, spectacular golf, snorkling, & all-inclusive food/drink - 85+ degrees and celebrating anniversary. 
Results:
1.  Handled booze (after 7 mos. dry) - was careful, but had fun. Going dry again for now.  (Opportunity to try a variety of drinks; no problems, no quick buzz, very relaxed.)
2.  Handled food okay - relaxed my regimen, but had 2 minor and 1 major battle w/Sleevie in 7 days. (Too much, too quick @ Japanese restaurant = a couple of hrs. of agony....  Not bad for a week of opportunities to fail in all manor of buffets and specialty restaurants.)
3.  Re-learned that plate size makes a huge difference - back to smaller ones.
4.  Played golf 3 days; improved every day on one of the best courses I've ever played.
5.  Air travel w/out seat-belt extender - yes!
6.  Bought wifey lovely necklace, bracelet, ear-rings set as anniversary & #1 cheerleader gift.
7.  LOST 5 LBS. FOR THE WEEK!  DOWN 125 LBS.!!!!!!
8.  Under 300 for the first time in 12-15 years!
9.  Felt normal "on the beach."  (I know I'm still big @ 299 - but I'm 125 lbs. smaller than I was in Jamaica 2 years ago.  Lots of energy for long walks, swimming, golf, etc.
10. Reflected a great deal on my journey so far - Hard to imagine surgery was less than 6 mos. ago and that I've lost so much weight in such a short time.

This is a very happy, very tan, very relaxed 65-year-old Pop-Pop.
Pix to follow - soon as wifey shows me how to move the damned things from camera to computer. (Gimme a break, I'm 65, and at least, I DO  know how to lose weight....)

momokc
on 5/1/11 1:02 am
 Congrats on your trip and your weight loss!  6mos / 125lbs! WOW!  A few mishaps isn't bad for the trip that you went on and what could have set you back a month on the weight loss~!  You done good kid ! 

Proud of you, 
Granny
Jenijeni
on 5/1/11 1:36 am
Pop-pop!! Sounds like you had a dream vacation! Congratulations on all your successes! Way to go " old man"! LOL!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

mylastchance
on 5/1/11 1:49 am
Sounds like you had a great week,  and to know that you had food and drinks not normally in your regime and you still lost 5 lbs is a great feat. 

You can still with moderation celebrate with food and drink and survive.........continued good losing to you and you will be the bell of the ball...........errr,  ummm,  beau of the ball ....next trip to the beach.........

Happy Anniversary to you and your wife and here's wishing you both lots of happy and healthy more.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Mrs.Jackatar
on 5/1/11 2:04 am - Pine Falls, Canada
You are truly blessed.  I am very happy for you and your wife.  I can feel the positive energy flowing from your words. 

Happy Anniversary and I wish you many, many more years of happiness.

Sherry
HW 300 CW 294 DAY OF SURG WEIGHT 267 Height  5'2.5
NUT Goal 180   My Goal  150

cabcab
on 5/1/11 2:26 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
Congratulations on your great trip!  Having a lot of weight off sure makes a difference in travel!
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

jimbovsg
on 5/1/11 5:13 am
Awesome!  Pop-Pop.  Isn't vacation SOOO much better now.......after losing weight....and having the ability to be more active!  You have done a tremendous job....keep it up!  I'm gonna pull the clubs outta storage and hit the links again too!  I haven't hit a ball in over 10 years!

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 263 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 326 views