Restriction with tortilla chips !!!!

BriarRose
on 5/6/11 2:04 am
I was out with friends at a Mexican place for the Cinco de Mayo fest; and nibbled a few tortilla chips.  I put 4 chips on a napkin, and nibbled.  Took me about half an hour and 3 chips with some salsa....to realize that....I WAS FULL.  So, I did the "right thing" and moved the remaining chip away, ordered an iced tea with lemon, and spent the rest of happy hour, quite happy !!!

I was so excited !  I have heard stories here that chips can be slider food, and so far, for me, I haven't  found anything that slides through !  I was so happy ! (silly, I know!)

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
KrisJ77
on 5/6/11 2:25 am - TX

Thats great!! Cuz they slide for me!! Lol!!!

lucy2e
on 5/6/11 2:27 am - Laurel, MD
Not silly at all - that's great!  (A basket of chips was never safe in my company!)  Congrats on that one - can't wait to join you!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

msshellwillis
on 5/6/11 2:47 am
What is a "slider food?" Slides right out or right up?
I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!

HW (1/1/2011): 382. SW (4/15/2011): 357. CW (03/29/2012): 275.
                                                Sleeved on 4-15-11                

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/11 3:00 am
Slides right down without making you full... letting you eat waaay too much. Many processed carbs and things like ice cream, chocolate, chips.. all are usually sliders.
(deactivated member)
on 5/6/11 3:14 am
Tortilla chips were my first slider food discovery.
sleeve genie
on 5/6/11 4:33 am - Alhambra, CA
Lucky girl,  they are definitly a slider for me,  i just found another slider yesterday,  i was bad and had a chocolate covered graham cracker and had to stop myself because i think i could have probably eaten way too many,  but i didn't   lol  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/11 4:49 am
Thats awesome!  I have not found any slider foods either, anything I try to eat I can only have a few bites of then Im done.  Like chips, popcorn, and sometimes I will splurge on half a cookie.  I do allow myself treats once in a while so I dont feel deprived and since they dont slide for me it hasnt been detrimental.
SpiceyMom
on 5/6/11 4:52 am
VSG on 04/28/11 with
Cool! I doubt I'll be so lucky! Lol
Mom to 8, looking forward to a healthy future!         
BriarRose
on 5/6/11 6:52 am
So far, I haven't found anything that slides.... of course, I'm still fairly early out, but I think it's a good thing. I had some cake a couple weeks ago at a work function, and took a small piece, ate about half of that, and felt full. I was overjoyed to know I could eat a small portion, enjoy it, and be satisfied.... and move on with life. But that is what I'm finding so wonderful about my sleeve....it allows me to LIVE and participate fully in everything around me.

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views