2 week plateau from 3-5 weeks out

difrnt8
on 5/8/11 12:09 am - SIlver Spring, MD
VSG on 04/04/11 with
I am on a 2 week plateau! Only 5 weeks out (sleeved 4/4).  This really frustrating!  I lost 9 lbs pre-surgery diet week and since then up to a total of 24ish lbs beginning on about 4/24. I am working on 1000 calories a day whi*****ludes 2 to 2 1/2 protein shakes a day with high protein/low carb 2 oz meals.  Cause I can't get more than this in at a time.  Just this past week have more of my energy back so am moving more and trying to walk.  I have dieted before and know about plateaus but REALLY!  What's your experience with plateaus?  Any body else have one this early?

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!   
sleeve genie
on 5/8/11 12:19 am - Alhambra, CA
Congrats on your surgery,  lots of u**** a stall at around 2-3 weeks out and mine lasted for 2 weeks,   i think your body needs time to adjust to what we did to it and to figure out that while we are eating nothing (compared to before)  we will be fine  and it will pick up again.   :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

rbow
on 5/8/11 12:23 am
 Thanks.  I was sleeved 4/18 and lost a bunch, then the scale is bouncing around on the same 3 pound range for over a week now!  Getting back to walking (went almost one mile this morning), but, it's scary to see the scale stop. My presurgery weight  and goal are exactly what yours are, so, I am optimistic that I can hit goal in a year or year and a half.  Keep these encouraging posts going for us newbies!  That first stall is terrifying, as in, what more can I do?  Will I be stuck forever?
difrnt8
on 5/8/11 12:27 am - SIlver Spring, MD
VSG on 04/04/11 with
Reminds me to go find April Sleevers and see how others are doing!  Hang in there!  Good to know I am not alone.

difrnt8
on 5/8/11 12:25 am - SIlver Spring, MD
VSG on 04/04/11 with
Thanks for the encouragement!

MrsClaus09
on 5/8/11 1:37 am
ME!  I would say I stalled from the 2nd to (at least) the 5th week!  And, I am happy member of the slow losers club.  But, the key is that I'm happy AND losing!  Sure, it's slow in relation to some others but it's coming off!!  Take one day at a time and, eventually, it will happen!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
vjb1952
on 5/8/11 1:49 am - Littlerock, CA
VSG on 03/28/11 with
I am right there with you, Mrs Claus...and I agree with your "key"...happy and losing!  We can both be members of the slow losers club!  One day at a time, and be the best I can be every day...today might be better or worse than yesterday, and hard to say about tomorrow!...and eventually, it WILL happen...Viv

vjb1952

evilelf
on 5/8/11 1:55 am
I am another April "slow loser club".I was sleeved 4/15. The scale has not moved in about 4 days . I feel like if you took 80% of my stomach out I should be losing quicker than this. I have not been eating a lot, it just hurts and I'm not really not that hungry (never thought that would happen). As I keep reading this will to soon pass, IT BETTER.

H.W 270 S.W 252 C.W 195 G.W 170

Backinstride
on 5/8/11 2:12 am
I am a April 12 sleever and have only lost 9 pounds. I had a hard time eating due to pain in my chest had a hernia repair was in alot of pain for two weeks. Slowly getting better and I don't want to lose to quickly that can cause problems. I know the weight will come off in time plus I hate the protein I just started back getting in my daily requirements 2 days ago. I am walking daily my calorie intake is not what it should be because I am not hungry. My nut told me to force myself to eat so I do even if it is only a couple of bites. You are doing great. Don't get discouraged I am moving at a snails pace.
metime
on 5/8/11 6:01 am - chesapeake, VA
Hi I was sleeved on April 11th Im down about 23 lbs so far, been a slow loss for me too, but I guess compared to what I would have lost w/o the surgery Im doing great...!!LOL

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 130 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 384 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 418 views