need of help, mentor, maybe a vetran?

tanieanie
on 5/13/11 9:55 am - WI
So the thing is I'm 3 weeks out and the scale moved 7 lbs the first week and 1 lb total the last 2 weeks.  I find it hard to believe Ive hit a stall 1 week out and its lasted 2 weeks so far.   I'm hoping someone, maybe a veteran that was successful could help me out by looking at my food intake and make some suggestions.

I have really good restriction.  I have yet to be able to eat more that 3 tbsp at a sitting.  Maybe I should go back to a few shakes a day.  Hmmmmmm    HeLp?

What I was able to eat today is below.

Breakfast EDIT   Pro Carb Fat Cal
8.5 Fl Ozs Coffee, Decaffeinated, Brewed 0.3 g 1.1 g 0.0 g 5.0 Cal
1.0 Serving nectar 23.0 g 0.0 g 0.0 g 100.0 Cal
Total 23.3 g 1.1 g 0.0 g 105.0 Cal
AM Snack EDIT Skipped Meal
Lunch EDIT   Pro Carb Fat Cal
3.5 Tbsps Chili Con Carne with Beans, Canned 4.9 g 6.0 g 3.1 g 70.4 Cal
Total 4.9 g 6.0 g 3.1 g 70.4 Cal
PM Snack EDIT   Pro Carb Fat Cal
3.0 Tbsps Cottage Cheese, Low Fat 1% 5.3 g 1.2 g 0.4 g 30.5 Cal
Total 5.3 g 1.2 g 0.4 g 30.5 Cal
Dinner EDIT   Pro Carb Fat Cal
1.0 Tbsp Cheese, Cheddar, Shredded 1.8 g 0.1 g 2.3 g 28.5 Cal
1.0 Item Scrambled Egg, No Added Fat 6.5 g 1.5 g 5.1 g 79.2 Cal
Total 8.3 g 1.6 g 7.4 g 107.7 Cal
Late Snack EDIT   Pro Carb Fat Cal
0.8 Item FUDGESICLE Bar, No Sugar Added 1.2 g 7.5 g 0.3 g 35.3 Cal
Total 1.2 g 7.5 g 0.3 g 35.3 Cal
Total for all meals 43.0 g 17.4 g 11.2 g 348.9 Cal

annie_mo
on 5/13/11 10:04 am - Sullivan, MO
 So, you lost 15lbs on your pre op diet and 8lbs since surgery? Perhaps the stall started sooner because your weight loss started prior to your surgery. 
Thats how it worked for me. 
Patience..........it WILL fall off. I promise!

5'5 HW 238 / SW 198 / GW 130 / CW 119....Goal Reached in 8 short months..
(deactivated member)
on 5/13/11 10:05 am
You are going to hear a lot of opinions on this, so you will have to choose what sounds right to you.  First, you are doing just fine, and it is normal to hit a stall early out.  Having said this, this is what I would change in your food plan even if this was not a stall.
1) I would not eat the Chili Con Carne with Beans as it is more carbs than you need now.
2)The fudgesicle bar is low in sugar but still packs 7.5 carbs that are not helping things.  If you need it for your sanity, than leave it in, if you can live without it, I would take it our.  Other than those two tiny changes I think you are doing great.  Just give it time, and don't up the calories.  If you could replace those two foods with more protein, that would help too.  Good luck.
Crimson
on 5/13/11 10:26 am - MD
 I'm gonna go with elina and mention the fudgecicle bar. don't get me wrong, i like fudgesicles as much as the next person, but that had a the most carbs out of anything you've eaten all day. maybe try replacing it with a sugar free fruit popsicle.

i wouldn't worry too much about the stall, it's still early on. are you walking daily?
Suane
on 5/13/11 11:45 am - Livingston County, MI
Whoa! You are 3 weeks out! Your body is adjusting to this new sleeve and the very new way of eating! Your body is wondering, 'What the heck??? Where's my food??' and it's holding on to the calories for dear life thinking you are being starved. 

Keep doing what you are doing and you will drop the pounds. Think about it, you have severely limited the calories and your body has no choice but to give up the fat.  

Be patient and concentrate on getting more protein. Bump that protein up a bit, 43 grams is not enough. Cottage cheese and eggs have a lot of protein and are pretty easy to digest, so go for that. Try some lowfat yogurt for the sweet stuff. We all have cravings.  And keep asking questions and pick the answer you like the best.

Always the best wishes, Sue 

HW: 261   SW: 248.5   CW: 154  GW: 135     5' 2"

sleeve genie
on 5/13/11 12:47 pm - Alhambra, CA
I agree with everyone else.  You just had surgery and your body is not real happy with you right now.  Once it figures out that you are gonna be fine things will get moving again.  This is  a process not a race and we all lose in our own time.  Most of u**** a stall early out,  all part of the fun  Try not to stress,  that just doesn't help anything.   Take care and enjoy the new and improved you  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Momager
on 5/13/11 9:01 pm
I haven't checked this site out in a while, but I stopped scanning the posts when I saw your name ... then, your photo! I didn't recognize you! Still same sweet face, but bigger smile and lighter hair. You look incredible!!! You helped me numerous times - early out - and have helped so many other VSGers. Thanks for that and WOO-HOO on the new YOU!

sleeve genie
on 5/14/11 12:20 am - Alhambra, CA
Aww  thanks so much sweetie,  i didn't really see it before but since taking the pictures i finally see the changes.   I feel amazing,   You are doing great too sweetie    take care  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Carmelita
on 5/13/11 10:37 pm, edited 5/13/11 10:42 pm - Four Corners, NM

Holy smokes darlin...ya gotta get some protein shakes in there....yer protein numbers are way low. You got the hair loss phase comin up in a couplea months...3-4 mos. out **** this stall.
It'll pass...well hell everything passes eventually!
^^ protein ....Ya wanna heal, ya wanna save yer muscle, ya wanna save some of yer HAIR!!...lolol http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/carmelita/blog/tag/vsg+and +hair+loss/

At night...do a carbmasters yogurt in place of that fudgesicle ...or even a SF chocolate pudding, or melt down that fudgesicle and....ADD in a scoop of yer favorite or UNflavored protein powder...makes a cake batter like consistency..., Maybe even an ATKINS protein bar...like chocolate almond coconut! or chocolate decadance....lol!! that'll be yer dessert GET THAT PROTEIN IN THERE!!

Ya wanna have more protein at night vs. carbs will help out yer liver AND help ya sleep.

Coffee is fine ...tea is better ;-) if ya can get into it ...that is ;-)
(On coffee...watch for ^^acid and ulcers if yer a big coffee drinker..its not the caffeine its sumthin in the BEAN itself can't remember) ....

So yer in a 3 week stall.... keeping monthly measurement records...RIGHT?? lolol

Concrete evidence yer sleeve is workin!! even tho the scales says it ain't ,-)
yer clothes should be fittin a lil looser...maybe cheekbones, collarbones makin an appeareance...bones in yer feet even... Yer changing!! as those adipose fat cells rearrange, and shrink, take up less space!!
Got some more of these speed bumps (stalls) up ahead...so HEADS UP
http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/carmelita/blog/tag/stalls+ and+plateaus/

Hang in there...BUT PLEASE WORK ON GETTIN THAT PROTEIN IN THERE!!

Hey just remembered....ya know what is the #1 recc. STALL BREAKER?
UP YER PROTEIN and WATER!!

How's that for makin a case on ^^ yer protein!

tanieanie
on 5/14/11 12:33 am - WI
Thank you,  My Nut told me to just worry about 40 grams of protein the first month.  But everyone else on here is saying that their nut said 70 or so.   Sooo I'm definitely going to add unjury to my plan for 2x today.   I don't want to lost my hair... ((Ive become rather attached to it))  LOL

The good news is after the scale not moving for 10 days.  I weighed in today and lost a little over 2 lbs. YAY!!!!    I did take my measurements last week and will take them again on Tuesday.

I really want to take advantage of this first month and I only have less than a week to go...sooo I'm going to up my protein and water intake and Ill start recording my water intake on the chart as well.   I'm also taking my son to the YMCA today and we are going to get a family membership.  Thank you,  You were very helpful with the threat of hair loss. LOL    After I change things up maybe you would be willing to look at my daily menu again???

Tanya

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 244 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 312 views