5th day post op

wls2011
on 5/17/11 4:46 am - Ballston Lake, NY
 Hi everyone...

Thanks for all those that helped me in preparing for surgery...I am finally feeling human again today. I'm not gonna lie.....The first days in hospital and home were rough, but each day gets a little better. I have done lots of little walks several times a day, since day one, and that really does help. You just got to work through the pain.

I'm not getting super amounts of fluid in, but I'm doing pretty well, and am definitely hydrated enough.

My incisions look great and pretty small about 1.5 inches long, the only thing that looks really bad is where I had allergic reactions to all the bandages. I have blisters and red rashes that looks terrible.

My weight is actually up still but I am sure it is from the swelling and effects of surgery....but I'm anxious to get to the fun part of this journey! :)

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

godknowsican
on 5/17/11 6:11 am - MD
Congratulations - I wish you continued success!  You'll do fine. 

BigCaliSmile
on 5/17/11 6:45 am - La Puente, CA
Glad to read youre recovering fine
Jan in Cali,  5ft  Sw 224                       
Bahamas1968
on 5/17/11 8:34 am - MI
Are you taking any pain meds and are they working?

didim62
on 5/17/11 9:39 am - Kensington, CT
I'm sure the weight is from IV fluids.....you should be dropping in no time! Glad your feeling better!
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
wls2011
on 5/17/11 10:14 pm - Ballston Lake, NY
Thanks everyone... :)  Yea, I'm going to wait to weigh, no need to make myself too crazy...LOL

Bahamas...I had morphine pump in hospital first day right after procedure, it worked great, but got severe itching and rash all over, so they switched me to percocet, crushed, but that was disgusting to taste, and I gagged and it hurt in my chest.....so I asked for liquid tylenol with codeine, which I did for 3 days. It helped for sure, but not as good as the morphine or the percocet, of course. At home, I am just doing adult extra strength liquid tylenol, so it helps but granted, it is not very strong...I'd probably not be in as much pain with the right drugs, but I'm coping anyway, just walking with the pillow up to my belly frequently.

A hint for those going in to surgery, ASK every 4 hours for pain medicine, because the nurses don't just bring it, and the breakthrough pain is very bad when you go many hours without anything. At least this was my experience. The more consistent I took the medicine, the better I was.

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 367 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op