Major NSVs In Only 2 Weeks Post-Op

svelteNgorgeous
on 6/1/11 11:58 am, edited 6/1/11 12:00 pm
I had my 2 week post-op visit with Dr Yatco today and I am amazed and elated by the rapid improvements to my overall health from this surgery.

The main thing that drove my decision to have VSG was my type II  diabetes and high blood pressure. Both conditions required medication. And even with meds my blood glucose had crept up little by little over the last several years. That scared me. The consequences of diabetes are not pretty.

So the weight is now falling off me, I'm wearing 38w jeans, I'm never hungry (except when its time to eat), I can cross my legs, I have seemingly boundless energy, I feel amazing, I could go on but I'll stop here, you get the point.

Great as all this is the greatest benefit to me of VSG surgery is that both the diabetes and high blood pressure have resolved and I am completely off the meds. All in only 2 weeks. I am in utter amazement at how great this has been for me. If I didn't lose another ounce this would be a tremendously successful outcome for me. But in reality the weight loss has only just begun. This has truly given me a new, much better life.

My purpose for sharing this and my hope is to provide some encouragement to those considering this procedure. If you go in with the attitude that you are prepared to make permanent lifestyle changes and you choose the right surgeon you will have a life-changing outcome.

Alert!!! Mad Yatco love to follow: Props to my hero - Dr. Edward Yatco. This man is gifted. If you live in New York he should be your only choice for VSG surgery. If you live anywhere else in America he should still be your only choice, he's worth the travel.

Disclosure: The foregoing is only my humble opinion. Your results may vary, past performance does not guarantee future results.  :-)

Whatever you choose, good luck and God bless.

theshrinkingmimi
on 6/1/11 12:11 pm

Wow. Those are some major NSVs. That's what its all about- good health. Congratulations.

its4maya
on 6/1/11 12:19 pm - Cypress, CA
 Wow!  Congrats and that is exactly the kind of inspiration I need.  I have my surgery scheduled for 6/20/11 and can't wait to begin my new life!  It's great to hear your positive story after only two weeks. Keep on posting your tips, progress, and success!  
sleeve genie
on 6/1/11 12:20 pm - Alhambra, CA
Congratulations, isn't it amazing,  i too got off all my meds at about week 2, completely blew my mind.  I'm just so happy for you .   Keep on rocking that sleeve :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

wert
on 6/1/11 12:23 pm - MN
Congratulations. I'm so happy you're feeling great. And I'm happy your medical issues are being resolved. Life's good, isn't it? 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

svelteNgorgeous
on 6/1/11 12:25 pm
Thank you all for your kind words.
ready2Bhealthy2
on 6/1/11 12:32 pm
Let me first say Congrats!  I am new to the site and have searched all over, but I can't seem to figure out on my own what NSV stands for...I'm sure this is supper easy but I'm just a lil slow sometimes.  Thanks!
HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
svelteNgorgeous
on 6/1/11 12:40 pm
Thanks, ready. Not slow, none of us knew before we knew. Non Scale Victory

take care
ready2Bhealthy2
on 6/1/11 1:27 pm
LOL.  Thanks!!
HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
onehappygirl
on 6/1/11 2:59 pm
The speed at which these long-standing diseases get immediately cured is nothing short of a miracle. I am sure even the doctors are left scratching their heads. Maybe some day it will be touted as a cure for diabetes for everyone, not just obese people. The doctors mutter something about long chain amino acids and removal of the stomach.......mutter, mutter, mutter. But it is truly a miracle. It is like we all go to Lourdes and drink the water.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 309 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 356 views