Should I do commericial for sleeve?

tdenise8958
on 6/9/11 4:16 am, edited 6/9/11 4:19 am - CO
I got a call this morning from the hospital bariatric center where I had my surgery (I also work for the hospital's non profit volunteer program managing volunteers) asking me to be in a commercial about the sleeve. There will two others, one representing the lap band and another with bypass.<br />
<br />
Here's the thing, not a whole lot of people know that I had the surgery, which was by my choice. My volunteers don't know either. Only a handful of close friends and family. Part of me wants to do to be an example and give others hope about getting control over their obesity. The other side of me doesn't want to be judged or asked a million question. Then again, who gives a Damn what other people think...its MY LIFE and MY CHOICE!<br />
<br />
Secondly, I keep asking myself...why me? Why not someone else who's lost more weight 11 weeks out? I'm down 42# since my first weigh in to get approved for surgery back in February. My surgery was on March 22 and I'm down 31# since then. I suppose its just more about insecurity on my part when I see folks on OH who have lost way more than I in this time frame. <br />
<br />
What do you all think?
  Lost 12 pounds during pre-op diet

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/11 4:25 am, edited 6/9/11 4:27 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Just from your words, here is the impression I get - which, of course, doesnt make it true. :}

I think you like the IDEA of being an example and giving hope - but this is sandwiched by the fact that the people that you *could already have been an example to* you have made a choice to not let them in on this, because of - other side of the sandwich, the judging and the questions.  That is the *reality* of being an example, you are under scrutiny. People are going to judge if they are going to judge, doesnt matter if you have or havent had surgery.  Doesnt take a true fact for people to get stories and opinions firmly planted in their heads and waggling on their tongues, you know?  And it seems like you give a damn what other folks think - or at least what you think they think, or what they say to you - or else other folks would be more in the know.  But you know, its your right to tell, or not to tell!  But if you were a not gonna teller - this is way blowing your cover, but you knew that.

And really, it doesnt matter why you.  Some stuff just is, and its not cuz we were good/better/best  sometimes is the luck of the draw. But - the answer is, do you want to deal with everything on an even bigger scale that you didnt want to deal with on a smaller scale? 

I think if you really dont want the questions and folks watching you, which I think you didnt, because of all the folks you named who dont already know, then this is *only* going to make that a more prominant factor in your every day life, ya know? 

Do you have to answer them in smalll amount of time?  Do you have a bit to ponder it? 

Good luck in your decisions girlie and you are doing great!
sublimate
on 6/9/11 4:34 am - San Jose, CA
On June 9, 2011 at 11:25 AM Pacific Time, ~Brandilynn Wonderland~ wrote:
Just from your words, here is the impression I get - which, of course, doesnt make it true. :}

I think you like the IDEA of being an example and giving hope - but this is sandwiched by the fact that the people that you *could already have been an example to* you have made a choice to not let them in on this, because of - other side of the sandwich, the judging and the questions.  That is the *reality* of being an example, you are under scrutiny. People are going to judge if they are going to judge, doesnt matter if you have or havent had surgery.  Doesnt take a true fact for people to get stories and opinions firmly planted in their heads and waggling on their tongues, you know?  And it seems like you give a damn what other folks think - or at least what you think they think, or what they say to you - or else other folks would be more in the know.  But you know, its your right to tell, or not to tell!  But if you were a not gonna teller - this is way blowing your cover, but you knew that.

And really, it doesnt matter why you.  Some stuff just is, and its not cuz we were good/better/best  sometimes is the luck of the draw. But - the answer is, do you want to deal with everything on an even bigger scale that you didnt want to deal with on a smaller scale? 

I think if you really dont want the questions and folks watching you, which I think you didnt, because of all the folks you named who dont already know, then this is *only* going to make that a more prominant factor in your every day life, ya know? 

Do you have to answer them in smalll amount of time?  Do you have a bit to ponder it? 

Good luck in your decisions girlie and you are doing great!

I have to totally ditto what Brandilynn says.. it's a big responsibility and a lot of scrutiny.  I know I'd have a hard time with it, but I'm not you.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

tdenise8958
on 6/9/11 7:53 am - CO

Lots of scrutiny! Guess that would be the downside huh?!! LOL!

tdenise8958
on 6/9/11 7:50 am - CO
yes, life is certainly a double edge sword! I have a lot to consider.....thanks for your feedback!
(deactivated member)
on 6/9/11 7:54 am, edited 6/9/11 7:56 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
It sure is a double edged sword!!   Do let us know what you decided!!  Either way, it was a really cool thing to be offered!

And I sure did not mean to make it sound like you were not a hope giver, or an encourager, I just meant on a bigger more public scale, you know? 
suthernqueen
on 6/9/11 4:27 am
If you feel comfortable having people learn that you had the surgery, I say GO FOR IT!!!

I  had surgery on 3/14 and I am down 43lbs. I also see where some that had surgery the same day or after me have lost more but I don't let that discourage me. I just know that I feel great with those 43lbs gone!!!

Think about how great you feel and the fact that you are still on this journey to better health!!!

tdenise8958
on 6/9/11 7:52 am - CO

Thanks queen! I do feel amazing and in the end, that's why I did this is for better health! How the heck can you knock somone for that! Keep up your hard work too!

jimbovsg
on 6/9/11 4:43 am
Do it!!  represent for   VSG!!

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

tdenise8958
on 6/9/11 7:54 am - CO
Ahhh, thanks JImbo! Your always so positive!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views