Idiot Brother In Law

wanttobehalfofme
on 6/12/11 9:26 am - MI
Went to a Graduation open house today. I was talking to my nephew about my surgery and my brother in law was standing there and he said people who have wls gains it all back. I told yes they gain it back if they get stupid and eat all carbs. This is my husbands side of the family who none of then have seen since my surgery in Jan. Nobody said anything except him. Had mental picture of my hands around his throat. We don't get along anyway. But one nice thing about my sleeve is I was worried how I was going to handle all that food. In the past I ate like a horse. Family get together always gave a panic attack and I would eat but because of my sleeve I couldn't eat only my usual portion. But I was a little nauseous with what I ate nothing out of the ordinary because I am still having a little trouble but it is getting better.

vjb1952
on 6/12/11 10:06 am - Littlerock, CA
VSG on 03/28/11 with
I have friends who made similar comments, and I told them that WLS is just a tool in the war against weight...the actual loss is totally up to the person who has the WLS, no matter which one they have.  I am sure that a few months from now, I will be the exception to that statement, and so will you!  Best wishes as you continue your journey,  Viv 

vjb1952

tdjf_3
on 6/12/11 10:24 am
Unfortunately this will not be the last idiot you deal with. Your journey has just started. You know in your heat why you chose WLS and that is all that truly matters. You can and will control you own weight with your new tool "Sleeve Baby" Let these kinds of comments be like water off a ducks back, Let it roll off.

God Bless & Happy Losing!!!!                 
Ms. Poker Face
on 6/12/11 10:38 am
 Aren't critics just great?  *sarcasm*

This guy probably has his own insecurities and issues.  Or is just plain mean.  Do your best to ignore him and remember all the supportive people!  Hard, I know.

You're doing great!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Shari H.
on 6/12/11 10:57 am - MI
 There seems to be a clueless oaf in every family.   Don't let his type yank your chain.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
FULL DISCLOSURE:  includes 31 lbs lost pre-op 
kats-mom
on 6/12/11 11:24 am - TX
VSG on 02/15/11 with
OK, I LOVE your mental picture!! I've known people that I have that mental picture about. I told only a handful of people and your brother-in-law is a perfect example of what I didn't (and don't) want to deal with. Don't let him (or anyone else) get to you! You can do this and you can keep off the weight! Best wishes!!
   Lorraine    kats-mom
        Highest Weight-285  /  1st Nutritionist Appt-275  /  Pre-op Diet-257  /  
                               Day of Surgery: 246  /  Day Home-257

media604
on 6/12/11 1:15 pm - GA
There's always those people that try to look smarter by acting like they actually know something about a topic that they obviously know very little about! What they don't realize is how dumb they actually make themselves look by their comments.

You know I teach elementary school and I get this type of uninformed comments from my 2nd graders. They have an excuse, what is his?
Sabrina R.
on 6/13/11 5:08 am - CA
I would use his comment as a reason to MAKE IT WORK and MAKE HIM EAT HIS WORDS!!! LOL!!!!!  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 293 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views