It's never too late to start exercising.

Suane
on 6/14/11 1:10 pm - Livingston County, MI
All of us know that exercise will help us get to our goal more quickly, but I have to confess, I'm lazy.

I started my first real fitness classes today. More than 6 months out and just now getting serious about it.  I did an hour of strength training this morning and an hour of Zumba (whatever the heck that is) tonight.

I feel good although it did kick my big butt.  And that's why I started this program, to tighten up the big bouncy butt and all the other stuff attached to it.

So don't feel guilty if you are not exercising no matter what your excuse might be. It's never too late to get with the program.

Always the best wishes, Sue 

HW: 261   SW: 248.5   CW: 154  GW: 135     5' 2"

sleeve genie
on 6/14/11 1:29 pm - Alhambra, CA
Good for you, that's great news.   I do some kettlebell exercises and i LOVE them,  and i just bought hip hop abs  lol   i get pooped pretty quickly but i'm sticking to it and i feel stronger.   I have heard zumba is lots of fun and great exercise.   I agree never to late to start making some good changes.   Enjoy :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Suane
on 6/14/11 1:52 pm - Livingston County, MI
Jeani, I think I used a kettlebell today, not sure really. Whatever happened to jump ropes and hula hoops? And yes the Zumba class was fun because I had no idea what I was doing although it made me sweat.

media604
on 6/14/11 1:37 pm - GA
Hi Sue,
I agree and I soooo hope to be one of those somewhat fit girls in the spandex at the gym one day. I actually have quite a few pieces I would still like to wear to the gym from some of my thinner days when I was much lower with my band (this was through vomiting and pain though, mind you and a diet of junk). Can't wait to get my band to sleeve revision this Friday!

By the way I looked at your June pic and you look fabulous. What a beauty for mid 50s! You go girl!

And also guess what?? I'm a gardening lover too. I live in South Georgia, very different climate than yours and I have been picking squash, tomatoes and peppers for awhile. It's actually so hot down here now that everything is burning up. I love to design gardens and houses.

Keep up the exercise classes and keep on lovin life!

Leigh
Suane
on 6/14/11 1:44 pm - Livingston County, MI
Thanks Leigh. You are such an ego booster for me. I hope you will love your sleeve as much as I do. Keep us posted.

(deactivated member)
on 6/14/11 3:12 pm - Castle Rock, CO
totally agreed.. and Just for the record, i still jump rope (the fancy schmancy glittery kind too.. get a bit of nostalgia doing it too hehe) for added exercise, lol and do the oh-so versatile on the floor-knees up ab crunches too (except i did get an ab roller thingie from walmart to help my poor achy back)

ho-hum.. all in good ol' fat burning fun!

Enjoy what you do... you'll stick w/it

Suane
on 6/14/11 9:36 pm - Livingston County, MI
Wow, I want a fancy, schmancy glittery jump rope too. I may have to wait a few months to use it though. I could seriously injure one of my eyes if I get smacked with a boob on the uptake!

Lori B.
on 6/14/11 6:39 pm
Good for you Sue! Once you start doing it a lot it will feel strange if you dont do it.. I have been working out regularly for a whole year this month. I love it! I have a skin disease that causes severe impacted sweat glands and fibromyalgia and I still work out as much as possible. I hope everyone that reads this will think about starting if they have not done so! I think a lot of people take for granted the fact that they can exercise without the horrible pain some of us endure.

Get moving people. It WILL help you, esp when you get to maintenance phase!

~Lori

~Lori

HW 286.5   GW 155   CW 153
Suane
on 6/14/11 9:43 pm - Livingston County, MI
Geez Lori a whole year already? You are my hero! And with issues besides, that's amazing. My only real issue for not exercising? (Besides being lazy) Heartburn, maybe?

I feel the burn today, but not in a bad way. Except maybe when I got up to pee this morning and realized those are the muscles that squats target! Thank goodness for chair height toilets!

I won't give up and I'll be back at it tomorrow.

Most Active