Gonna Gnaw my hand off......liquids suck

Caligirlgina
on 6/15/11 7:25 am - CA
So I am on day 3 of pre-op liquid diet and this just plane sucks. I am sooooo hungry I feel like I am gonna lose it. I have had 4 protein shakes already today, plus borth...any other suggestions. I am headed to go get a popsicle. I don't know why today is so hard. The last two have not really been that hard but today is a different story!
Suggestions of other stuff I can have on liquids
Thanks
Gina
  1Mo(July 17, 2011) 265.1 (-28.7) Whoo hooo2Mo (Aug 17, 2011) 258.7 (-6.4) 3mo-253.5(-5.2) Finally broke a 5 week stall

jennyfur76
on 6/15/11 7:36 am - OH
VSG on 06/21/11 with
I'm on day 9 of mine. My preop diet allows for sugar free pudding, S/F applesauce, S/F jello. I also have been adding fruity flavored protein drink mix in when I make jello. Just yesterday, I made lemon (s/f) jello, and added a pkt of Lemon Raspberry protein to it. YUMMO!! You should also be able to do cream soups or strained soups (w/no chunks). Yogurt is also another option to add in.

Good luck!!!
Jen

Chimere
on 6/15/11 7:43 am
Girl you cracked me up *knaw my hand off * im still laughing.

I have a question bout this to as I will have to be on it for 2 wks prior to my surgery. I ordered a ninja food blender they are beasts.  I wonder if i can puree vegies in it and drink that like v8 juice is that ok to have? I hope so I bought unflavored protein powder to try. 
Bigasiangirl
on 6/15/11 7:53 am
VSG on 06/01/11 with
Hi Cali,
I know what you mean but I think the Pre-op diet is more difficult than the post-op... it gets better.
One thing that kept/keeps me sane are the various soups like tomato, cream of chicken, french onion, etc... all low fat if you can find them. 

Hang in there girl! 

Caligirlgina
on 6/15/11 8:00 am - CA
My doctor just said liquids! I have been doing the crystal light, sf popsicles, broths, and protein shakes, oh and decaf coffee.
Anyone else allowed soup on preop diet? What I would do for some creamy split pea soup!LOL I never in my wildest dreams would have said that before. Oh I am making SF cherry jello as we speak!...4 hours til it is ready.

Gina
  1Mo(July 17, 2011) 265.1 (-28.7) Whoo hooo2Mo (Aug 17, 2011) 258.7 (-6.4) 3mo-253.5(-5.2) Finally broke a 5 week stall

MediumSoon
on 6/15/11 8:05 am - TX
I was allowed soup - and it saved my life!!! Low fat cream soups (not unlimited quantities though - don't remember how much). Maybe just 1 cup to take the edge off? Also milk.

theshrinkingmimi
on 6/15/11 9:09 am
How long is your liquid diet. The first reply to your post had all of the suggestions that I would have made- besides Healthy Choice Tomato Basil soup. Jello and pudding are usually part of liquid diet. If you just swish them around in your mouth, they liquify. I was allowed apple sauce too. If your doc is that strict on his definition of  liquid (I never heard of that)- maybe you can go to a smoothie place. I did that and got the smallest size and lowest calorie. It was very satisfying.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Ms. Poker Face
on 6/15/11 9:16 am
I'm on day 1 of my liquid diet.  So far so good, but definitely feel hungry hungry hungry!  2/3 day down, 6 1/3 to go.

I just keep telling myself that I can do almost anything for a week.  Just think of it as one day at a time if that helps. 

Good luck... hang in there!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

SASSI11
on 6/15/11 9:35 am
Tomorrow is my surgery and I didn't feel hungry with my pre-op diet at all.  Here is what I did.  Hope it helps you.

thin cream of wheat 1/2 cup
yogurt (no chunks)
sf jello
sf pudding
sf popsicles
sf applesause
low fat soup (tomato, cream soups)
carnation instant breakfast
protein shakes
water/crystal light

I was allowed 3/4 protein shakes a day, and 5/6 of the other stuff all 1/2 cup sizes.  As long as I was drinking all day long....I never felt hungry.  I also avoided the kitchen and cooking.  DH did all the cooking and cleanup for the kids and when I felt an urge I quickly did something to pre-occupy my mind.

Hope this helps a bit.  You can do it :)

Stephanie

Herbie55
on 6/15/11 9:37 am - MI
I believe there is a difference between "liquids" and "clear liquids". Usually you can have all of the cream soups on a regular liquid diet. The clear liquid diet is more for the day before the actual surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 400 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 427 views