11 days post op - is stalling normal?

jbeauty65
on 7/2/11 1:33 pm - Blaine, MN
I am 11 days post op and in the last few days have not moved an ounce - has anyone else experienced this or am I doing something wrong?  I am on all liquids still, so I cannot imagine how I could be messin it up...
MediumSoon
on 7/2/11 1:37 pm - TX
Completely normal. Search for posts re: "stalls" or 3-week stall (even though you're not 3 weeks out yet). MOST people go through something similar. It's frustrating but your body is undergoing MAJOR changes - it will take time to adjust.

Kristy R.
on 7/2/11 1:42 pm - Santa Clara, CA
 I don't really thinking not losing for a few days is a stall.  Not losing for two weeks is more like a stall.  You really can't expect to lose every day.  I only weigh in once a week as well.  Just a thought.
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

theshrinkingmimi
on 7/3/11 2:38 am
I completely agree. Often I read about stalls here that don't seem like stalls. The body is much more complicated than a scale. What happens on the scale if you are weighing yourself daily( not the best idea) is not a true reflection of what is going on with the body.

That's why I say weigh yourself no sooner than once per week. I may even change to once every 2 weeks. You should also weigh yourself in the morning at about the same time. My doctor's appts are always around 2-3pm when I'm fully clothed with heavy Brook's Beast tennis shoes. I never pay attention to the doctor's scale.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
wert
on 7/2/11 1:49 pm - MN
Looks like you've been a member here for several months. What have you read about stalls? Can you remember? If you can't, be sure to use the search feature at the top of the page. It's a very helpful tool. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

jbeauty65
on 7/2/11 2:08 pm - Blaine, MN
Yes, the first person *****plied stated there is a search option.  This forum is new to me as I didn't have access to it at work and only have had internet in the last month at home.  I will search it - just wasn't sure what to expect... on a lot of things.
roundater
on 7/2/11 2:17 pm - Lincoln, NE
22 days out and I have had my share of stalls. Just lost 3 lbs yesterday and was elated then saw 2 lbs bounce back today. AAAGGGGHHHH!!!!. I probably should just weigh weekly but I just have too much curiousity. Hope this helps and let me know if I can help.
Rich Sonderegger

jbeauty65
on 7/2/11 2:21 pm - Blaine, MN
We must be alike that way!  I need to hide the scale I think...
foodlover
on 7/2/11 2:32 pm
I stalled 10 days post op and didn't lose for FIVE WEEKS.  Then, all of a sudden I lost about 16 pounds in three days.  Crazy.  Hang in there. :)
Crabadams72
on 7/2/11 2:41 pm - Silver Spring, MD
Roundater, I had the same exact thing happen to me. I think I need to weigh 1x a week but curiosity gets me daily. I read about stalls here daily so I knew it was coming but to live it-just makes you frustrated!
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 61 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 61 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 241 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views